Thread: deeply saddened by girl scout cookies changing the recipe to their tagalongs.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

deeply saddened by girl scout cookies changing the recipe to their tagalongs.

they're not even called tagalongs anymore and they taste like complete shit. first off the cookie portion of the cookie is now way to thick and the peanut butter concoction is think and more processed as well.

i was pretty unhappy when famous amos sold out in the late 80's 90's and they became assembly line shitty chips ahoy type cookies, but the girl scouts?

wut a disappointment. they were already a mass produced product. but at least they were good. now they taste old/stale and the consistency is worse, like they opted for cheaper higher preserve model.

i can remember fond memories stuffing one after another my mouth, now i don't even want to eat a second one.

well played girl scouts, well played..
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

they're not even called tagalongs anymore and they taste like complete shit. first off the cookie portion of the cookie is now way to thick and the peanut butter concoction is think and more processed as well.
    They're still called tagalongs in my area (NYC)

The whole girl scout thing just seems like such a scam though. Donate your money to a worthy charity and buy some shitty cookies from the grocery store for a fraction of the price.

Name:  60ce32b94b0e76539435303e78af6907.png
Views: 1851
Size:  157.8 KB
    Name:  a0bbb2fd16d7288ed4d5f7ffd0c347a0.png
Views: 950
Size:  449.8 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The thin mint, tagalongs, and smores are all pretty good. I ate way too many of these, and I admit they probably contributed to some of the 15 pounds I gained during the first half of 2018.

Pretty bad if they changed the recipe, though.

I did find that girl scout cookies vary from market to market, even within the same state. I bought some from a girl in Ben's class last year, and the offerings were somewhat different than what my brother's daughters were selling in northern CA.

Not sure how that works.

Here's an article from Minnesota breaking down where the money goes:

Baking and transporting the cookie takes up 27 percent of the cost – or $1.08 of the $4 box. There are two Girl Scout Cookie bakers in the United States. Girl Scouts River Valleys works with Little Brownie Baker from Louisville, Ky.

After paying to make the cookie, 21 percent ($0.84) goes straight back to the troop. Local troops can use it for supplies or pay for uniforms.

Another 19 percent ($.076) goes toward volunteer support to train and screen the volunteers for the 41,000 Scouts. A good chunk, 15 percent ($0.61), pays to upgrade the camps and subsidize the cost to make it more affordable for scouts who wouldn’t otherwise be able to participate.

Twelve percent ($0.49) goes toward leadership programs, which Ross calls “overarching programming experience.” And the final six percent ($0.22) goes to local administrative offices and support.
    So it looks like the manufacturing cost of the cookies is marked up to almost 4x the price, and then 73% goes into the Girl Scouts in some way.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/...ie-money-go-2/

Whatever. I mainly buy them to help out the girls selling them, and secondarily because I like cookies.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    there's two virtually identical versions now. but their made in 2 different places with different ingredients.

the tagalongs and the peanut butter patties.

run far away from the peanut butter patties version..it even uses high fructose corn syrup

motherfuckers have to go and ruin shit

Name:  Nutrition-Info-Images-pbpatties.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  121.6 KBName:  tagggie1.png
Views: 839
Size:  169.6 KB

Name:  tagalong.png
Views: 833
Size:  192.2 KB
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    there's two virtually identical versions now. but their made in 2 different places with different ingredients.

the tagalongs and the peanut butter patties.

run far away from the peanut butter patties version..it even uses high fructose corn syrup

motherfuckers have to go and ruin shit

Name:  Nutrition-Info-Images-pbpatties.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  121.6 KBName:  tagggie1.png
Views: 839
Size:  169.6 KB

Name:  tagalong.png
Views: 833
Size:  192.2 KB
    Pretty sure they’ve been called two different names depending on where you live due to the two different bakers for decades now.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    As long as Samoas don't change, I'm good.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm a little surprised you are allowed to purchase Girl Scout cookies

Thread should have been

Deeply sunken eyed diabetic can't purchase cookies directly.
    Last edited by limitles; 01-16-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    At what point do the names change....here Samoa’s are Carmel delights and those peanut butter things are peanut butter patties....thin mints are thin mints everywhere....wtf?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    At what point do the names change....here Samoa’s are Carmel delights and those peanut butter things are peanut butter patties....thin mints are thin mints everywhere....wtf?
    just before i read this i ate one one these..i remembered them being pretty rich and delicious so i was stoked because the pb patty sucked. but as soon as i put on one my mouth i was like wtf?... i said to myself, they changed this recipe as well? i looked at the box and it said caramel delites. but after tasting it it wasn't nearly as good as the samoas.

the chocolate and topping was very dry, and there was zero richness as a whole. something the samoa prides it self of.

they obv make 2 versions of this cookie as well prolly baked in 2 places with different ingredients as well.

the cookies i currently bought were purchased in florida on a trip. never in the northeast have girl scout cookies tasted like shit. FLA must get the shitty knockoff version all the time.

i seriously threw the pb patties away and will prolly do the same with the caramel delites. it's really that much worse

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    oh gosh darn, I forgot to tell my poker buddies
    about the trouble goin down with Girl Scout cookies

Who are you people?
    is it all about calories?
    will you kill for this?

check out Phil Ivey's reaction to this story
    Last edited by limitles; 01-16-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The thin mint, tagalongs, and smores are all pretty good. I ate way too many of these, and I admit they probably contributed to some of the 15 pounds I gained during the first half of 2018.

Pretty bad if they changed the recipe, though.

I did find that girl scout cookies vary from market to market, even within the same state. I bought some from a girl in Ben's class last year, and the offerings were somewhat different than what my brother's daughters were selling in northern CA.

Not sure how that works.

Here's an article from Minnesota breaking down where the money goes:

So it looks like the manufacturing cost of the cookies is marked up to almost 4x the price, and then 73% goes into the Girl Scouts in some way.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/...ie-money-go-2/

Whatever. I mainly buy them to help out the girls selling them, and secondarily because I like cookies.
    Yet you call gofundme gofuckme...?

Comments

limitles: really, I did notice

Platinum
    Load Metric
    This map of which cookies are sold where makes no sense....Dallas gets one version...Fort Worth the other?

Name:  42F02DE1-BB4B-4F2B-BDE4-45F93F0D6EBF.png
Views: 910
Size:  66.2 KB

Comments

Crowe Diddly: map is kind of amazing/ridiculous rep

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    This map of which cookies are sold where makes no sense....Dallas gets one version...Fort Worth the other?

Name:  42F02DE1-BB4B-4F2B-BDE4-45F93F0D6EBF.png
Views: 910
Size:  66.2 KB
    I moved from Central MA to RI last year, can confirm there is certainly a difference in cookie quality and ABC can get fucked with a loooooong dick.
    #ToddsPlan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Pretty funny when you compare some of the saints on this site casting shame on me for consumption of
    product A. vs product B.
    Product A, alcohol, makes you feel better blah, blah, blah
    Product B, fatso food, makes you feel better blah, blah, blah

too much of product A or B.....you die

the one difference, product b is glorified......
    each twinkie or girl scout cookie
    takes on a magical form
    product b not so much

try giving up your twinkies you stupid fat asses

Load Metric
    Make a bowl of fresh cut fruit, tastes better and wont make you sluggish.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Make a bowl of fresh cut fruit, tastes better and wont make you sluggish.
    She’ll tease you
    She’ll please you
    She’ll satisfy your needs

But someday she might turn around
    And maul the hand that feeds

Thread Information