Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jeff Bezos is getting very expensive divorce

Gold
    Load Metric
    Yea he's doing some variation of TRT, they brand the places as anti aging clinics and from what i've seen they may very well do exactly that. I'll tell you what Druff would be perfect for this kind of thing. He's at that age, has a couple bucks in the bank, may be something to look in to.

Anyhow what was I gonna post, oh yeah Mackenzie's choice of charities.

In 2020, she pledged roughly $6 billion to coronavirus relief organizations, racial equity groups, historically Black colleges and more. Her latest philanthropic effort included $2,739,000,000 in gifts to 286 organizations in “categories and communities that have been historically underfunded and overlooked.”

Here's the list, i thought it was amusing.
    https://greenlining.org/press/2021/m...e-scott-grant/

Gold
    Load Metric
    To give you some idea

The educational nonprofit Global Citizen Year also announced a $12 million gift from Scott in October.

Scott’s last three rounds of contributions have totaled nearly $8.7 billion, with much of the money going towards pandemic relief, colleges and universities, and organizations that serve minority communities. After the police killing of George Floyd, she funded the top recipients of racial equity donations in 27 states, according to an AP analysis of preliminary data from the philanthropy research organization Candid.

Her giving approach — which doesn’t come with any strings attached — is rare in the philanthropic world, where wealthy donors usually restrict what charities can do with money they give them. Scott doesn’t do that, and she doesn’t require the nonprofits to report to her how they’ve spent the money — usually a gold standard for gifts. She can also bypass public reporting requirements because she does her giving as an individual, instead of through a foundation like many other wealthy donors."

Just set up a charity with a minority sounding name and try to place it where it may grab her attention, jk jk

Scott has promised to give her wealth away “until the safe is empty.”

Gold
    Load Metric
    I ran into this on twitter
    Name:  JuiceTogether.JPG
Views: 281
Size:  145.4 KB
    What's that saying, a couple who juices together stays together.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Yeah Bezos has likely been on TRT for a very long time, nothing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also, Mackenzie Scott (Jeff Bezos' ex) has been donating a lot of money to colleges, as part of her pledge to give away a lot of her divorce money.

She sent $12 million to small Whittier College, which has resulted in disaster. The president of the college, Linda Oubre, used the money to transform the school away from what people liked about it, and engaged in a dictatorial style where she punished any detractors. She also hired her son in a position he wasn't qualified for, and he became a problem, as well.

The $12 million gift basically ruined Whittier College.

Not Mackenzie's fault, obviously, but this shows that blindly giving big money to colleges is sometimes harmful, not beneficial.

Interesting article by Bari Weiss about it: https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/wha...lionaire-gives
    I don't see much of a link b/w the $12 mil and the demise of this College. New black president fires "longtime senior administrators" and replaces them with her son and black people who "were out of their depth".

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's been awhile since I read that article, but from what I remember of it, the $12 million donation was the catalyst to a lot of changes that the incompetent college president wanted to initiate, which couldn't happen before because of lack of funding.

Because these changes were fairly major regarding the general theme and feel of the college, there was some pushback, and this caused the ugliest sides of this obnoxius president to come out. Also, apparently some of that money was used to hire her son, who had no experience and also brought a lot of drama to the table.

It's the equivalent of someone who gets a large inheritance and does a lot of destructive things with the money, whereas without the money they would have stayed on a more conventional path. Some people (and colleges) are better off without sudden infusions of cash.

Mackenzie would have better off hiring a few fund administrators to work with colleges to earmark specific donations for specific purposes. So, say a small college wants a new dorm so more students can live on-campus, the fund could be used to pay for that. The problem was that it looks like they just fired off money to a bunch of schools, and basically said, "Merry Christmas", and this was one example of how it caused harm as opposed to good.

Load Metric
    Some interesting rumblings involving Bezos. As some know the Redskins/WFT has had some major issues under the ownership of Dan Snyder and it’s almost as bad as Donald Stirling in the NBA with accusations of racism, sexual harassment etc.

The rumblings are that Bezos has approached the league about becoming the owner of DCs NFL Franchise. So far he’s been rebuffed by Snyder but some indications are the league may pressure Snyder to sell but Snyder is still balking at it to the point he claims he’s technically not the majority owner anymore thus they are talking to the wrong person. (Paperwork does show that Snyder maybe playing a shell game and putting his wife as majority owner for the time being).

Bezos has business connections to DC as he’s owned the Washington Post newspaper for awhile now.

Guess time will tell if there’s fire where there’s some
    Smoke.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    It's been awhile since I read that article, but from what I remember of it, the $12 million donation was the catalyst to a lot of changes that the incompetent college president wanted to initiate, which couldn't happen before because of lack of funding.

Because these changes were fairly major regarding the general theme and feel of the college, there was some pushback, and this caused the ugliest sides of this obnoxius president to come out. Also, apparently some of that money was used to hire her son, who had no experience and also brought a lot of drama to the table.
    The article didn't show that. The school seems like it was already going to shit before the gift. This isn't an absolutely tiny school either, they have a 100+ million dollar endowment. The money being used to hire the son is pure speculation, and you don't need 12mil to hire someone making 95k anyway. Really feels like the author had a headline (school has gone to shit and MS donated 12mil, B must have caused A) before doing any research and didn't bother rethinking it.

It's the equivalent of someone who gets a large inheritance and does a lot of destructive things with the money, whereas without the money they would have stayed on a more conventional path. Some people (and colleges) are better off without sudden infusions of cash.
    Yeah that definitely happens, not the case here imo.

Mackenzie would have better off hiring a few fund administrators to work with colleges to earmark specific donations for specific purposes. So, say a small college wants a new dorm so more students can live on-campus, the fund could be used to pay for that. The problem was that it looks like they just fired off money to a bunch of schools, and basically said, "Merry Christmas", and this was one example of how it caused harm as opposed to good.
    I completely disagree. Earmarking leads to inefficiency and waste. Incompetent/corrupt admins will screw the institution anyway.

Gold
    Load Metric

I would caution against using this as a justification for not being charitable. This is the best way to give away money ainec, nobody wants some screwball micro managing everything.
    Buying new rims may not seem important to you but to someone in the struggle it's important, how can you put a price on self esteem.
    It's time for all the fat cats to take the Mackenzie pledge.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Mackenzie has sold off $10 billion worth of Amazon stock in the past year: https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/26/busin...ock/index.html

She has also donated billions to charity. However, she still has a listed net worth of $37 billion.

I still think Bezos is doing roids, as he transformed from being a skinny computer geek to very muscular within a short time in 2021, despite being 57 years old. See pic posted by Entropy above. It is very difficult to quickly build muscle after age 45, and especially after 50.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    I ran into this on twitter
    Name:  JuiceTogether.JPG
Views: 281
Size:  145.4 KB
    What's that saying, a couple who juices together stays together.
    Creatine to BULK up and proper Conditioning

That would do this and surely has the money to have a great trainer or trainers. The Right picture he is defiantly looking bulked up, Creatine and proper weightlifting/exercise program would do this. I'd imagine he is using some Supplements here to look his best.

Load Metric

This goes Completely against her policy of "No Strings Attached" Philanthropy she is being sharp by not letting too many Cooks into the Kitchen.

"While Scott publicly announces each round on Medium, the blogging website, she does not appear to speak directly to the nonprofits. In each post, Scott includes a short essay explaining her view on philanthropy alongside the list of groups receiving funds"

Load Metric
    I think the ex wife is nice looking, would date, money or not. Ok, beat me up now.

Comments

country978: pretty sure shes had breast work done.. no thanks

garrett: She is good looking older successful and powerful thats really hot

Load Metric
    That rich and smart but doesn't get a pre nup?

Load Metric
    I've always thought MacKenzie Scott is very attractive

Comments

desertrunner:

Thread Information