Thread: THE CONTROVERSIAL CASE OF CONVICTED MURDERER CYNTOIA BROWN IS COMING TO AN END. CLEMENCY HAS BEEN GRANTED BY REPUBLICAN TENNESSEE GOVERNOR BILL HASLAM.

Load Metric

THE CONTROVERSIAL CASE OF CONVICTED MURDERER CYNTOIA BROWN IS COMING TO AN END. CLEMENCY HAS BEEN GRANTED BY REPUBLICAN TENNESSEE GOVERNOR BILL HASLAM.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...am/2267025002/

This case has always been a difficult one with a number of factors that both mitigate and enhance her guilt. She was 16 and a victim of sex trafficking, yet her crime was the shooting and robbery of a sleeping john. Maybe the 15 years she will have served is closer to the right amount than the 51 to life that she received. This Wikipedia piece fleshes out the case a bit for those unfamiliar with it. I tend to be a hardliner when it comes to violent criminals, but this is a tough call.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyntoia_Brown

Load Metric
    ok ok ok just doing my entire response over again because my mind is blown.

i THOUGHT this chick was in jail because she murdered her abuser who basically purchased her.

yeah no:

Brown said she was forced into prostitution and was scared for her life when she shot 43-year-old Johnny Allen in the back of the head while they were in bed together.

Allen, a local real estate agent, had picked her up at an East Nashville Sonic restaurant and taken her to his home.
    excuse me are you fucking kidding me?

i mean she did 16 years so ok theres that, but it sounds like the only reason the gov intervened is because her sentence was weirdly fucked up and extreme because of some legal snafu.

she snuffed out a random dude sleeping next to her, im not feeling that shit.
    Last edited by sonatine; 01-07-2019 at 11:24 AM.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Actually, the only reason the governor intervened is because she is black so he could get some social justice points. Whether her original sentence was just or not is an entirely different issue. If she is white and has the same crime and sentence nobody gives a fuck (of course she may have had better representation and gotten a lighter sentence if she was white, which is part of the reason for the social justice issue)

Load Metric
    WARNING:Having sex with prostitutes can result in death, AIDS, gonorrhea, syphilis, your dick looking like a piece of broccoli and/or all of your money being stolen.

Comments

splitthis: Broccoli dick

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post
    https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...am/2267025002/

This case has always been a difficult one with a number of factors that both mitigate and enhance her guilt. She was 16 and a victim of sex trafficking, yet her crime was the shooting and robbery of a sleeping john. Maybe the 15 years she will have served is closer to the right amount than the 51 to life that she received. This Wikipedia piece fleshes out the case a bit for those unfamiliar with it. I tend to be a hardliner when it comes to violent criminals, but this is a tough call.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyntoia_Brown
    It was a miscarriage of justice to begin with Im afraid.. Truth also is this was TN had it been a white girl they never wouldve charged her as an adult but because she was black involved in killing a white dude they didnt care. A Black killing a white wouldve ended with a rope in a tree in TN 50 yrs ago.. Im just glad some justice was served ironic if you ask me as it was a GOP Governor who let her out while Bresden the Liberal Dummycrat couldve done the right thing while he was Governor and never did.. remind me again which party is full of racists????

Theres been an arguement that her pimp was behind the murder to begin with which I wouldnt doubt he may have forced her into the whole thing because with her being a minor the assumption was shed get off if she was ever caught under the Juvie Justice System..

Thread Information