Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC 149

Load Metric

UFC 149

Name:  2012 in UFC events - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.png
Views: 222
Size:  41.3 KB

Decent, but not great card. Big question after tonight will be whether they push Weidman into the front and give him a match with Anderson Silva or does Lombard get the shot if he wins in impressive fashion tonight. Lombard has been a beast for a while now and I think that he might fare well against Anderson.

edit: the prelims that it says are on sportsnet will be on FX in the US

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Name:  2012 in UFC events - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.png
Views: 222
Size:  41.3 KB

Decent, but not great card. Big question after tonight will be whether they push Weidman into the front and give him a match with Anderson Silva or does Lombard get the shot if he wins in impressive fashion tonight. Lombard has been a beast for a while now and I think that he might fare well against Anderson.

edit: the prelims that it says are on sportsnet will be on FX in the US
    This fight card is in my home town, Calgary. I think it's a great fight in the main event, I like Faber to win based on his fitness, Barao has shown to lack gas in the later rounds. I hope Boetsch wins, not a fan of Lombard as a guy. I also am not totally sold on him as a fighter, he has 0 fights against top 10 competition with the exception of Mousasi who beat him. He's not close to deserving a title shot, even if he beats Boetsch but I believe the UFC will give him one if he is impressive tonight.

A good friend and training partner of mine is also fighting tonight, Nick Ring. For those of you who watch TUF you will remember he beat Court Mcgee before pulling out due to injury, Court got back on the show and won the season. Those 2 are rematching tonight, the first decision was hotly debated, many people felt it should have gone to an extra round.

Load Metric
    What the hell ever happened to Mousasi? I haven't heard anything about him since the Jardine fight.

Platinum
    Load Metric

About :40 seconds in Bisping calls Lombard a poison dwarf. I never heard of a poison dwarf, looked it up and lol'd. Pretty accurate description.

Poison Dwarf:
    A selfish, untrustworthy, deeply obnoxious or evil person of diminutive size, whose ostensibly unthreatening appearance allows them to fulfil their predisposition for causing unprovoked pain and suffering in an under-hand manner for anyone who has the misfortune to strike-up a friendship them.

lol Bisping is crazy.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 07-21-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I think Renan Barao is gonna make quick work of Faber and will eventually crush Cruz and ride a long undefeated streak for atleast a couple years in the future. He's that good.
    Also pumped to see this Lombard fight

Load Metric
    Banking on a guy gassing in the last few rounds can be a recipe for disaster. Barao may slow down a bit, but he hasn't ever gassed that I can remember. He looked pretty good against scotty jorgensen in the 3rd round not too long ago. Sure he'll have 2 more rounds here, but the 5 round pace is often slower, too.

Urijah has gone the entire 25 minutes 4 times. The only win is against Jens Pulver, eons ago, and he's never stopped anyone after the 3rd round of a 5 rd fight. Everyone says that Barao is the favorite if the fight ends early, but the truth is, he's also the favorite if it goes long, as well. Faber don't win long fights.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 07-21-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Banking on a guy gassing in the last few rounds can be a recipe for disaster. Barao may slow down a bit, but he hasn't ever gassed that I can remember. He looked pretty good against scotty jorgensen in the 3rd round not too long ago. Sure he'll have 2 more rounds here, but the 5 round pace is often slower, too.

Urijah has gone the entire 25 minutes 4 times. The only win is against Jens Pulver, eons ago, and he's never stopped anyone after the 3rd round of a 5 rd fight. Everyone says that Barao is the favorite if the fight ends early, but the truth is, he's also the favorite if it goes long, as well. Faber don't win long fights.
    Faber doesnt fight a slower pace even in his 5 rounders, he's a work horse and pushes the pace hard. His losses at those 5 rounders are to Aldo who is one of the very best pfp fighters in the world, Cruz (I thought Faber won this fight, who did you think won it?) and Brown, no bad losses in that group, 2 of those guys are a weight class above Faber and none of them had anything to do with cardio issues. Just my prediction, I think Faber will win a decision based on his fitness and work ethic and while Barao hasnt completely gassed I think he's slowed noticibly in every decision Ive seen him go to. I hope Barao wins btw and I think his only weakness is his gas tank, ridiculously talented guy.

side note, I went and saw Joe Rogan live last night, very good comedy show. He got into it huge with a someone in the audience, Rogan gave the guy a very impressive verbal beat down. After the show I bumped into Rogan and his comedy buddies at a local bar, they were high and drunk as fuck. I'm looking forward to seeing how rough he looks during tonights UFC.

Load Metric
    Have a small wager on Boesch at +330, hoping the UFC jitters gets Lombard... Will not be touching any of the other fights though

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    Have a small wager on Boesch at +330, hoping the UFC jitters gets Lombard... Will not be touching any of the other fights though
    I like Lombard to win, but it's hard to bet against Boesch after the Okami comeback.

Load Metric

I like your bet here, I think Boestch has a real chance to win, hes a fucking warrior with a good all around game.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So if you bet $100 you'd get $330 if Boesch wins?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    Yes, that is my exact bet

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    yup. Lombard is obviously the favorite and even more so in a 3 round fight. I wish the co main events were also 5 rounders in the UFC.

Load Metric
    Somehow charter cable has managed once again to fuck up FX while the UFC is running fights. I fucking hate watching streams instead of hd.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    Cruz (I thought Faber won this fight, who did you think won it?) and Brown,
    Cruz outstruck faber, pushed the pace, and got more takedowns. He started the first few rounds strong, and ended strong. I think its very hard/impossible to give faber the 1st, 2nd, or 5th in that fight, and the middle 2 were toss-ups. Competitive fight, but not really close, I thought.

One thing that I had forgot about, though, is that in the mike brown fight, urijah broke like his hands and his feet, or something like that. Was it both hands and one foot, or one hand and both feet, something sick like that, still finished the fight.

The more I think about this one, the loss confident I become in anything I just said. Watch Faber KO this little fuck in under 3 minutes now...

Load Metric
    wow fucking Jimmo

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    wow fucking Jimmo
    Should win him a bonus you'd think.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Saw that the dude Caraway beat came out to Eminem, too. Amazing how everyone who comes out to Eminem loses, every fucking time.

Load Metric
    Does anyone have a link?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    Does anyone have a link?
    Every event the same guys ask for links. Put them in your favorites for next time:

http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/ufc.html

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/boxing-wwe-ufc.html

Hate to say it peter mcneil, but your buddy Nick Ring lost. That was a terrible decision.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information