Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Actual Lock - Roe V. Wade repealed with Trump in office -300

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Conservatives should not be celebrating this.

This is the dumbest thing Reoublicans could have done. The time for earthshattering change like this is when you're on the path to lose anyway, and this can be seen as a Hail Mary to motivate the base..
    Exactly who didn’t know this change was coming?

As I said last year 8000 state legislators are shitting themselves. Nothing is more polarizing.

States rights is is as it should be. That is the Republican spin.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 05-03-2022 at 10:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Conservatives should not be celebrating this.

This is the dumbest thing Reoublicans could have done. The time for earthshattering change like this is when you're on the path to lose anyway, and this can be seen as a Hail Mary to motivate the base..
    Other than "MUH DEMOCRACY" liberals who have listed "loss of a woman's right to choose" among the evils they claim will happen under "fascist conservative rule", there wasn't much serious belief that an overturn of Roe v Wade would happen.

It seems that this is being done from a states' rights standpoint, and I understand it. Indeed, as I mentioned before, several states are already violating the spirit of Roe anyway, so why not just take the fed out of it?

Still, this is a very very bad look for Republicans politically. Big mistake.

Comments

Sanlmar: Beat me to my states rights edit by nanoseconds

Jayjami: Very reasonable take

Load Metric

Other than "MUH DEMOCRACY" liberals who have listed "loss of a woman's right to choose" among the evils they claim will happen under "fascist conservative rule", there wasn't much serious belief that an overturn of Roe v Wade would happen.

It seems that this is being done from a states' rights standpoint, and I understand it. Indeed, as I mentioned before, several states are already violating the spirit of Roe anyway, so why not just take the fed out of it?

Muh reads

Forget about post truth ‘Murcia and delegitimization of democratic elections. You ain’t seen nothing yet. Just wait for the conservative Supreme Court to overturn Roe v Wade. Hearings start December 1.

Legislation will fall back to the states as it should.
    There are 8000 state legislators who are positively shitting their pants.

Your feeble minds cannot envision what is coming.

Trump thrives in this kind of environment.

Load Metric
    It is outrageous that this draft opinion pertaining to Roe v. Wade got leaked. It should have been sent to mar-a-lago where we already know top secret documents can be safely and securely stored. The Washington D.C. media swamp wins again.

I don’t see what everyone is so worried about, sure abortions may become illegal, but all these butthurt women seem to be forgetting that they live in america, where everyone has FREEDOM. Instead they wanna cry about trivial things like bodily autonomy. Plus Ben Shapiro says it will become an issue for each state to decide, like marijuana.

This country is great because instead of offering societal needs to everyone, it instead gets privatized so that middlemen can get their own cut of the profit. Safe abortion will still exist, except now it will be “classier” (more expensive).

Sure poor people of color may get fucked over, but their children are still valuable….for the school to prison pipeline. The last 15 years has seen a big crackdown on illegal immigration and the loss of exploiting them for their labor. america needs to turn inwards and use our extensive network of jails and prisons to take on the role of harvesting fruits and vegetables, digging ditches, building roads, etc. Its really the cycle of life, this is freedom.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    Ben Shaprio wrote out an editorial about how he feels about it: https://www.dailywire.com/news/shapi...-of-that-means

Shapiro frames this as a states' rights issue, and supports it. It is indeed worth noting that the end of Roe doesn't mean the end of abortion. It just means that each state will decide its own abortion laws, and honestly it's been going that way anyway.

You have states like Oregon which allow full-term abortion at any time for any reason. You have states like Texas attempting to work around Roe and still punish those who get abortions.

Neither of these type of actions fit within the spirit of the 1973 ruling, which declared that abortion should be "safe, legal, and rare". If you're killing your 8-months-developed baby because you hate your ex-boyfriend and don't want to raise a child with him, that doesn't qualify as "rare".

Still, Roe has been a stable law of the land for almost 50 years, meaning that most adults alive today do not remember a time when it wasn't in place. It's just bad politics to do this right now.

Ben Shapiro originally came after Trump pretty hard in 2015 and early 2016 during the primaries, but he's really tempered his criticism of the right since becoming really big. He doesn't want to ruin his brand. I give him credit for never validating the idiotic "2020 election was rigged" nonsense, but he always carefully explained his position as, "I never saw convincing enough evidence to believe it", and didn't criticize the portion of the party which pushed this narrative.

He's also very religious, so he's been very anti-abortion, to the point where any assault on abortion rights is something he sees as a win, even if it fucks the Republicans in both the short and long term.
    I would wager that that happens so infrequently that it actually is rare

but again, her body her choice dude
    It was her body, her choice when she decided to get knocked up. After being knocked up there are now two bodies and not her choice to terminate the second body. Very simple.

Load Metric
    Women have to realize that they not qualified to make decisions regarding their body. Only dirty old men who have a history of sexually harassing, raping women can do that.

Thanks to this ruling most Republicans will be voted out of office.

Comments

Jayjami: Exactly

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Women have to realize that they not qualified to make decisions regarding their body. Only dirty old men who have a history of sexually harassing, raping women can do that.

Thanks to this ruling most Republicans will be voted out of office.

7 white men made Roe v Wade the law of the land.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    The leak was planned. Lol at day before election.

Last ditch effort of libs to maintain control.

Supreme court lost their credibility when they voted for medical tyranny

I have to vote for the Joooo today. Tell Katie lol. I know they aint happy with him.
    There really are no words for how dumb you are.

Of course they clearly dropped this leak last night to sway GOP primaries in Ohio and Indiana where every fucking candidate is pro-life. You’ve got it all figured out. Now voters will have to decide whether to vote for the guy who is for overturning Roe v Wade or the other contenders who also all support overturning Roe v Wade. You should get a job in politics. You’ve mastered this shit grandma.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    The leak was planned. Lol at day before election.

Last ditch effort of libs to maintain control.

Supreme court lost their credibility when they voted for medical tyranny

I have to vote for the Joooo today. Tell Katie lol. I know they aint happy with him.
    There really are no words for how dumb you are.

Of course they clearly dropped this leak last night to sway GOP primaries in Ohio and Indiana where every fucking candidate is pro-life. You’ve got it all figured out. Now voters will have to decide whether to vote for the guy who is for overturning Roe v Wade or the other contenders who also all support overturning Roe v Wade. You should get a job in politics. You’ve mastered this shit grandma.
    you pushed forced jabs, you have no credibility here, fuck off to [REDACTED]

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20220503-215058_Gallery.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  244.1 KB

crazy leftist blue checkmark goes mask off on her racism, gets bullied off twitter

Name:  Screenshot_20220503-215347_Reddit.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  241.2 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20220503-215058_Gallery.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  244.1 KB

crazy leftist blue checkmark goes mask off on her racism, gets bullied off twitter

Name:  Screenshot_20220503-215347_Reddit.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  241.2 KB

Where is Elon when you need him

Load Metric

That's the reason why all but the most deranged GOP politicians aren't celebrating this; even those that initially were have changed course.

I think it's the biggest imaginable gift to galvanize the left; the Democrats seemed down for the count, marred by dysfunction and horrible leadership.

What a lifeline for a truly shitty, mismanaged party.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

That's the reason why all but the most deranged GOP politicians aren't celebrating this; even those that initially were have changed course.

I think it's the biggest imaginable gift to galvanize the left; the Democrats seemed down for the count, marred by dysfunction and horrible leadership.

democrats getting desperate with this "leak"

distraction distraction distraction, don't focus on how shitty Biden has been doing, don't focus on the 33 billion to another shit country deep in corrupt politician money, anything but the bumbling idiot in the white house

"LEAK"

Load Metric

Hmmm, really?

Trump in 2016 promised to overturn Roe v. Wade in a presidential debate.

"That will happen automatically, in my opinion, because I am putting pro-life justices on the court," Trump said. "I will say this: It will go back to the states, and the states will then make a determination."
    Wherein lay the surprise exactly? Where is the Republican failure?

Whether you agree or disagree with the issue this outcome was telegraphed pretty clearly to many of us. Candidly, I stole some catchers signs early on from George Will.

In a world where Conservatism doesn’t mean anything anymore George Will is my boy.

So now democracy will take over at the state level…, or anarchy. Don’t kid yourself, the leader of the Republican Party will have his finger firmly pressed on those at the state level. A reminder of who is running the show.

I’m not saying I agree or disagree with abortion. I’m telling you how it is. … once again.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 05-03-2022 at 09:56 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

democrats getting desperate with this "leak"

distraction distraction distraction, don't focus on how shitty Biden has been doing, don't focus on the 33 billion to another shit country deep in corrupt politician money, anything but the bumbling idiot in the white house

"LEAK"

You don't think it was leaked?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    Ben Shaprio wrote out an editorial about how he feels about it: https://www.dailywire.com/news/shapi...-of-that-means

Shapiro frames this as a states' rights issue, and supports it. It is indeed worth noting that the end of Roe doesn't mean the end of abortion. It just means that each state will decide its own abortion laws, and honestly it's been going that way anyway.

You have states like Oregon which allow full-term abortion at any time for any reason. You have states like Texas attempting to work around Roe and still punish those who get abortions.

Neither of these type of actions fit within the spirit of the 1973 ruling, which declared that abortion should be "safe, legal, and rare". If you're killing your 8-months-developed baby because you hate your ex-boyfriend and don't want to raise a child with him, that doesn't qualify as "rare".

Still, Roe has been a stable law of the land for almost 50 years, meaning that most adults alive today do not remember a time when it wasn't in place. It's just bad politics to do this right now.

Ben Shapiro originally came after Trump pretty hard in 2015 and early 2016 during the primaries, but he's really tempered his criticism of the right since becoming really big. He doesn't want to ruin his brand. I give him credit for never validating the idiotic "2020 election was rigged" nonsense, but he always carefully explained his position as, "I never saw convincing enough evidence to believe it", and didn't criticize the portion of the party which pushed this narrative.

He's also very religious, so he's been very anti-abortion, to the point where any assault on abortion rights is something he sees as a win, even if it fucks the Republicans in both the short and long term.
    I would wager that that happens so infrequently that it actually is rare

but again, her body her choice dude

I should clarify "safe, legal, and rare" though. Believe it or not, that term was coined by Bill Clinton in 1992, which was the last time there was a serious challenge to abortion rights. Clinton explained that it's important to maintain legal abortion in the US, in order to provide a safe option for women seeking it (or otherwise they seek dangerous back-alley abortions, as seen pre-1973), but that abortion should be "rare" -- not referring to how often it happens, but in that it only takes place under circumstances where no other reasonable choice exists.

The 1973 ruling went as follows:

In January 1973, the Supreme Court issued a 7–2 decision that protects a pregnant woman's right to choose whether to have an abortion. It also ruled that this right is not absolute and must be balanced against governments' interests in protecting women's health and prenatal life.

The Court resolved this balancing test by tying state regulation of abortion to the three trimesters of pregnancy: during the first trimester, governments could not prohibit abortions at all; during the second trimester, governments could require reasonable health regulations; during the third trimester, abortions could be prohibited entirely so long as the laws contained exceptions for cases when they were necessary to save the life or health of the mother.

The Court classified the right to choose to have an abortion as "fundamental", which required courts to evaluate challenged abortion laws under the "strict scrutiny" standard, the highest level of judicial review in the United States.
    Roe was slightly modified in 1992 (at the time Clinton, not yet President, was commenting on it), to change the trimester standard to that of fetal viability. This is very important because modern left-wing interpretations of Roe go completely against the spirit of that.

Although upholding the "essential holding" in Roe, and recognizing that women have some constitutional liberty to terminate their pregnancies, they overturned the Roe trimester framework in favor of a viability analysis.

The Roe trimester framework completely forbade states from regulating abortion during the first trimester of pregnancy, permitted regulations designed to protect a woman's health in the second trimester, and permitted prohibitions on abortion during the third trimester (when the fetus becomes viable) under the justification of fetal protection, and so long as the life or health of the mother was not at risk.

It was also found that continuing advancements in medical technology had proven that a fetus could be considered viable at 23 or 24 weeks rather than at the 28 weeks previously understood by the Court in 1973's Roe.
    Basically, in 1992, Roe was upheld but changed to basically say, "Babies are viable outside the womb at 24 weeks. Unless the mom's life is in danger, or unless she is facing crippling health problems as a result of continuing the pregnancy, abortion is forbidden after 24 weeks."

That was supposed to be the standard going forward. Note that this held very close to the original 1973 standard, but was updated due to better medical understanding of fetal viability 19 years later.

However, the left has not kept so such standards, nor have they kept to the spirit of the 1973 and 1992 rulings affirming abortion rights. Instead, they have gone to an extreme, "If the woman wants to abort it at any time, she can" or "If a woman can find a single quack doctor to sign off on a late term abortion for any reason, she can".

How is this legal? The left exploited the "life or health" in danger portion of the 1973 and 1992 rulings. "Life" is not subjective -- either your life is in danger, or it isn't. However, the term "health", while meant in 1973 and 1992 to mean "realistic serious health consequences", has been perverted by the left to mean "any health consequence", including mental health. Therefore, a woman claiming to be depressed over the prospect of having a child would qualify for the "life or health" exceptions in these states,. Furthermore, mental health claims are not verifiable, thus using these as a standard is essentially a sham.

Some states like Oregon simply did away with the additional step of finding a quack doctor to sign off on "health effects" of the pregnancy, and simply let women get abortions at any time for any reason.

That was NOT the spirit of Roe v Wade, nor the 1992 update.

Had the public seen in 1973 (or even 1992) what abortion was going to become -- basically the legalized murder of full term babies in many states -- it never would have been legalized (or upheld) in the first place.

Strangely enough, striking down Roe would actually make it EASIER for states wanting full term "any reason" abortion. It basically would transfer abortion rights to the state level, which would embolden blue states to stop dancing around Roe and simply permit abortion whenever, up to and including the day before birth. (Some states like Virginia even permit the murder of babies AFTER birth, if they have major defects!)

If you really dig into what the left has done to abortion, it's shameful.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, and I'm tired of the "late term abortion is rare, and late term abortion where the mom's life isn't in danger is even more rare" argument for why murder of viable babies should be okay.

Who cares how rare it is? Murder is extremely rare in the area of town where I live. Should that mean that people should be able to get away with murder here, provided only X happen per year? That's an insane argument. Murder should always be highly illegal, whether it's against humans outside the womb or viable-outside-the-womb babies who haven't been born yet.

If it's so "rare" to kill healthy babies where the mom's life isn't in danger, why not just outlaw that? The left doesn't want that. They want this absurd option on the table because they've gone so far off the deep end with "don't control women's bodies" that they support the murder of a viable human being to uphold that standard.

Look at the tweet I posted yesterday. It was a blue-checkmark liberal woman explaining that (anytime) abortion needs to be an option in order to free women from "abusive relationships" or "20 years of contact with the abuser". While this chick is just one person, notice the comments in response which roundly agree with her.

That's the true leftist thinking nowadays. There are plenty of young women who will kill their 8-months-delveoped baby if it means getting out of an unpleasant situation (either a bad relationship or financial) and starting life fresh. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Legalizing even one of these murders is an absolute tragedy.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: 'LoOk At a TweEt I FoUnd' gout clown

Sanlmar: This is something you can argue in California - lotsa luck

Gold
    Load Metric
    This is great of the Republicans to remind the voters they're worse than Democrats in almost every regard. Not one of those fucks on the SCOTUS gives a rat's ass about the unborn.
    Some corporation must of done a study and concluded it would be more profitable to ban abortion and have a bunch of fractured families or some shit.

They need to arrest all the Justices in favor of this for lying under oath during their confirmation hearing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    This is great of the Republicans to remind the voters they're worse than Democrats in almost every regard. Not one of those fucks on the SCOTUS gives a rat's ass about the unborn.
    Some corporation must of done a study and concluded it would be more profitable to ban abortion and have a bunch of fractured families or some shit.

They need to arrest all the Justices in favor of this for lying under oath during their confirmation hearing.
    I really don’t care one whit how SCOTUS feel about abortion. They are not elected officials. Interpret law or gtfo. I have a better idea gtfo & let citizens decide.

Our increasingly divided states will certainly have very conflicting laws. We are an increasingly divided nation.

You guys loved Covid issues so much. These are the kind of similar results you can look forward to. State rights.

We could get congress to pass national legislation. You would have to have been a crack baby if you think such a consensus would be possible any more.

As I said, “your feeble minds cannot envision what is coming”

Comments

Entropy: Let Citizens decide, that'll never happen.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 05-03-2022 at 11:01 PM.

Load Metric
    Repeat after me, Druff. Donald J Trump is the leader of the Republican Party.

You’ve had a rough day but once you reaccept your leader into your heart everything you’ve witnessed flows as was preordained by HIM.

Thread Information