Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get to know the next Waco

Load Metric

Get to know the next Waco

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3dp...r-its-patriots

fun fact; the leader of the cult is actually a son of the leader of the Moonies.

funner fact; i used to play DnD with his older brothers. good lacross players too.

Comments

gut: wow

rum dick: Jesus

Sanlmar: Yikes

ftpjesus: Leave me out of this Rum Dick ;)
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    The younger Moon, who set up shop in 2017 in Newfoundland, Pennsylvania, follows the doctrine of his late father—with a twist. Moon says he was inspired by a biblical passage in the Book of Revelation that talked about Jesus using a “rod of iron” to protect himself and others. He concluded this was a reference to AR-15s, and integrated high-powered firearms into regular church services, including wedding ceremonies. He founded the church with the support of his brother, Kook-jin “Justin” Moon, the CEO of Kahr Arms, a gun manufacturing company headquartered nearby.
    A great fiction writer couldn't make that up.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    You, friendly, with fringe elements of society?

Who woulda guessed it?

Load Metric
    i literally played dungeons and dragons with Kook-jin “Justin” Moon and his older brother lmao.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    whom btw was incredibly normal and not at all even slightly influenced by the moonie org, beyond being picked up from school every day in a black towncar by armed bodyguards.

Load Metric
    literally both of them were really cool and if they asked me to get a beer and catch up id accept without hesitation.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3dp...r-its-patriots

fun fact; the leader of the cult is actually a son of the leader of the Moonies.

funner fact; i used to play DnD with his older brothers. good lacross players too.
    I didn’t see a single thing in that article that isn’t the modern day mainstream majority opinion of those who voted for Trump and I didn’t see a belief espoused that isn’t the mainstream majority belief of evangelical Christianity in America at the moment.

If you could pick a perfect middle of the current Republican Party, this church is much closer to it than Reagan, either Bush, Romney, McCain, or an Adam Kinzinger or Romney is. Everything in that article I hear every day from those who voted for Trump here and in the real world.

I’m not trying to be inflammatory, but someone like Anna Khait is more extreme than anything I read in that article. Every church leader she promotes is at least as extreme, and often more extreme. It’s a party where over 50% believe Trump is the current president. Over 70% think the election was either stolen, that he’s currently the president, or that he will be president again in August.

When you look at their beliefs, its just basically a split post, and someone like Druff represents the slightly less than 30% of the current Republican Party, while her and desert represent the over 70%.

Look at their beliefs:

“Safe haven for patriots” from what they believe is an imminent war brought by the “deep state,”

Belief in a government ran by the deep state is the most basic tenet of Trump voters.

“The internationalist Marxist globalists are trying to start a civil war here, so that they can bring in the U.N. troops and Chi-Com Chinese military to come in and destroy and kill all gun owners, Christians, and any opposition, i.e., Trump supporters,” Moon said matter-of-factly in a recent sermon

This reads almost exactly like a split post. Much if it would be agreed upon by a Mickey, v12, and desert. Some Trumpers are more religious than others, but the general theme here is something they can all agree on.

. “Some federal agents operate as a criminal cartel and are in the process of stealing this presidential election,” the notice read. “We need to prepare and train for the fight.”

Over 70% of the party believes the election was stolen, and federal agents in a criminal cartel is just the same as deep state.

“THEY TEAR GAS BOMBED US!” he wrote in the video’s caption. “THEY PROTECT ANTIFA BUT SHOOT AND TEAR GAS PATRIOTS!”

Since January 6, Moon’s sermons have taken on a greater intensity and urgency. In a broadcast from February titled “Danger coming for Trump supporters,” Moon warned viewers that the Biden administration was plotting genocide against its political opponents–or planning to round up Trump supporters and put them in “reeducation camps.”

He began talking about how the vaccine was going to kill everyone, and that it was the “mark of the beast.” He also spouted conspiracies about the Rockefellers and the Rothschilds being part of “satanic lineages” who “run the banks and governments” around the world. He talked of a coming “purge” that would eradicate everyone who “commits evil, like pedophiles.”

All of this is absolutely mainstream Republican belief. This isn’t even an extreme wing of modern evangelism. I’ve seen much weirder this last year pushed by Republican leaders. All of Trump’s spiritual advisors are at least this extreme, if not more.

About the only weird thing is actually incorporating the guns in the religious ceremony, but I seriously doubt a desert, an FTP, or most Republicans who like Trump would have any issue with it. They are for guns pretty much anywhere, so I can’t imagine they don’t think people have a right to have them in church if they so choose.

I know a Druff would find this church’s beliefs crazy, but I’d be curious as to what part of the above statements that a split or FTP or v12 or sideidsh find absolutely insane and cultish? I’m genuinely curious? I feel like they’ve echoed similar statements for 18 months now. I feel like an Anna Khait would agree with every single thing this church believes in. I’d be curious for the PFA Republicans here what they disagree with? Not the tiny minority Druff wing, but the large majority of the party?

I mean even the people who speak there are absolutely mainstream. That Mastriano guy is the most popular PA state level politician. He’s in a blue state and isn’t considered extreme at all by anyone in PA that votes Republican and is representative of state level Republican leaders across the country. He’d probably be considered too moderate in many red states, and has no problem being associated with this church. And why should he? It’s perfectly standard. The Moonies have always been in the cult business, and no doubt this is one, but no more than the rest of the GOP/current evangelical movement in the US.

Load Metric
    I thot leadbrains libs like everyone especially the gender fluid freaks.

Comments

rum dick: Watch out the global neo Marxists are under your bed
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Republican politicians need to be drafting talking points for when these lunatics finally unleash.

Thoughts and prayers may need a little extra support.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    I take 10 moons over 1 Ellen Page monster.

Comments

rum dick: Gross. I can taste your bitterness from a 1000 miles away
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I didn’t see a single thing in that article that isn’t the modern day mainstream majority opinion of those who voted for Trump and I didn’t see a belief espoused that isn’t the mainstream majority belief of evangelical Christianity in America at the moment.

i feel comfortable absolutely guaranteeing you that this is 100% intentional.

Comments

BCR: I’m sure it is. Kind of crazy that in order to adapt to current times, the moonies needed to become more radical and embrace guns and violent rhetoric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    I have no doubt you would. That’s my point. I doubt you disagree with a single thing they believe. It’s the standard belief system of the GOP at the moment.

Load Metric
    I take 10 moons over one Democrat here that whines he didn’t get his way, leaves, thinks the place will fall apart, sees that it doesn’t, then slowlyyyyyy creeeps back into full blown leadbrain postings from the COMPOUNDDDDDD.

Comments

dwai: lol

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    You, friendly, with fringe elements of society?

Who woulda guessed it?
    Nobody criticizes you for being friendly with the rimming elements of society do they

Load Metric
    I take 10 moons over one Democrat here that whines he didn’t get his way, leaves, thinks the place will fall apart, sees that it doesn’t, then slowlyyyyyy creeeps back into full blown leadbrain postings from the COMPOUNDDDDDD.
    Do you ever wonder why you're alone?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Do you ever wonder why you're alone?

whoaaaa easy there, she almost seduced that 72 year old at the gym back in 2020. credit where due.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    whom btw was incredibly normal and not at all even slightly influenced by the moonie org, beyond being picked up from school every day in a black towncar by armed bodyguards.

Oh Jesus Christ we're gonna need more info than this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I have no doubt you would. That’s my point. I doubt you disagree with a single thing they believe. It’s the standard belief system of the GOP at the moment.

The entire GOP is a zombie cult. The fringe cannibalized the mainstream Republicans and all that's left is a whole lot of batshit crazies shuffling off into a chaotic circular firing squad coupled with 20-25 million GOP legacy voters who support the party out of habit because their parents did.

Load Metric
    i swear to you there is nothing else to tell. thats literally everything i remember about them, beyond my parents having 'the talk' with me about cults.

ok wait there is one more detail.

there was this stretch of land that was basically the size of a small national park along route 9 with an estate on it that looked like a much larger version of Brideshead Revisited and that was, of course, their home.

Comments

rum dick: TREMENDOUS

Load Metric
    Not nearly as cool but I used to smoke weed and play risk with Oral Roberts' grandson, Randy. Cool guy. He got ostracized from the family for being proudly gay. He told me Oral Roberts hated kids. He also said Oral was really at Southern Hills Country Club most of the time while he was supposed to be fasting in the ORU prayer tower to raise the money that built this monstrosity:

Thread Information