Thread: Actual Lock - Roe V. Wade repealed with Trump in office -300

Actual Lock - Roe V. Wade repealed with Trump in office -300

Hi folks,

I used to have another name in the NWP days, hello all you fucks, haven't really addressed the forum but I found a good one.

Betway.com, Roe V Wade to be repealed WHILE TRUMP IS IN OFFICE -300.

I would take out a mortgage for this one.

Let me know if you find this bet on any other book. This is a lock. I could go on for hours.

First off, where is the perfect case that has already gone through all the lower courts? If there isn't one you have to factor in that Trump may be a 1 termer. Also, they may reject a case. Kavanaugh has referred to Roe as "established law" and said that he "respects supreme court precedence". I don't buy the media bullshit about supreme court justices. These people live in a different world.

FYI Roe V. Wade is based on either the 9th or 14th amendment allowing for enough of a right to privacy for women to terminate their pregnancy. Only the majority 7-2 opinion brought up flimsy biology, attempting to draw a line around 22-23 weeks where it was in the interest of the federal state to disallow abortion. A lot of that sort of stuff was struck down in the 90s in Planned Parenthood V. Casey.

Scalia wrote at the time that federally restricting the rights of states/regions to ban/limit abortion was "prolonging the anguish".

The dissenters only had an issue with federal/judicial overreach. Maybe that'll be the flimsy basis that overturns it, but while Trump is still in office?

Lock at -300.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Hi bottomset!!!

I was very interested to read the dissenting opinions in Roe v. Wade. None of them were moralistic at all, but they recognized that opinions on abortion were very intense and regional, so they felt federal restrictions were inappropriate.

Supreme court decisions are interesting.

Blog Entries
    I'm not understanding your post.

Are you saying that -300 that it will be repealed is a lock? It seems your reasoning is stating that it WON'T be repealed.

It it really -300 that it will be repealed while Trump is in office, or that it WON'T be?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Are you saying that -300 that it will be repealed is a lock? It seems your reasoning is stating that it WON'T be repealed.

It it really -300 that it will be repealed while Trump is in office, or that it WON'T be?
    To bet AGAINST Roe being repealed WHILE Trump is in office is -300.

C'mon Druff, is that not gold? Of course they capped me at $38.29 or something.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Bottomset post

Laying -300 that it'll be repealed sounds like a terrible side to take. That sounds completely off.

What's the line for it not getting repealed? Or are they even offering one?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahrahrasputin View Post

Don't feel too bad that they capped you.

You're getting paid 1-to-3 on a bet that won't be graded until at least January 21, 2021, and perhaps not until January 21, 2025. In other words, that money isn't going to be yours for a long time, either way... and perhaps that site will be gone by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahrahrasputin View Post

Don't feel too bad that they capped you.

You're getting paid 1-to-3 on a bet that won't be graded until at least January 21, 2021, and perhaps not until January 21, 2025. In other words, that money isn't going to be yours for a long time, either way... and perhaps that site will be gone by then.
    This.

The legal nerd in me cannot help but point out that Roe v. Wade is a legal (Supreme Court) decision. The decision can possibly be overturned, reversed, partially reversed or modified. But the legal decision would not be repealed. Laws enacted by Congress or by a specific State are repealed.

I suppose I would not be totally shocked if a scummy betting site noted the difference after the fact if big payouts somehow ever became due.

Thread Information