Name:  C053C753-665D-4C3B-A19F-0BE07808FAAF.jpeg
Views: 309
Size:  71.4 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Name:  C053C753-665D-4C3B-A19F-0BE07808FAAF.jpeg
Views: 309
Size:  71.4 KB
    Lets not kid ourselves it was either Sotomayor, the soon to be retiring Breyer (my own personal guess as to who did it), or Kagan. Remote shot it was Roberts but I just dont see the Chief Justice doing something that insidious and stupid on both parts.. Breyer is the logical answer as hes leaving anyway in a few months so he could get away with saying F It as there would be no risk for extended animosity on the court once he goes

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Conservatives should not be celebrating this.

This is the dumbest thing Reoublicans could have done. The time for earthshattering change like this is when you're on the path to lose anyway, and this can be seen as a Hail Mary to motivate the base.

The time NOT to do this is when you're a lock to have historically huge gains in the midterms, and when the opposing party is routinely shooting themselves in the foot. The correct play is to just sit back and let Democrats beat themselves, as they've repeatedly been doing since Biden took office.

Moderates and independents were hating what the modern Democratic Party has become. They see massive inflation, increasing crime, worker shortages, supply chain shortages, high gas prices, bad foreign policy, a nonsense COVID policy, and a shrinking economy. Democrats attempt to counter with more handouts, lol college loan forgiveness, support of continued COVID restrictions, dismissal of parents' rights regarding the public schools, and trans women in women's sports. They couldn't be more out of touch. And it doesn't seem likely to change before November.

So what does the GOP do? They inject a hyper-controversial move into the public conversation -- one which overturns 49 years or precedent -- and where moderates and independents are mostly on the OTHER side. Idiots!

I realize SCOUTS is supposed to be nonpartisan, but let's be real -- it hasn't been that way for decades. If the GOP was against a Roe overturn right now, the conservative SCOTUS judges wouldn't have done it.

The Republican Party always knew that an attack on Roe was a death sentence. They understood the drill -- give the lip service about how abortion is bad, fight against perversion of the "safe, legal, and rare" concept such as late term abortion, and otherwise keep hands off. What a time to break from that.

Ugh.

Sometimes I see the way the GOP does things, such as the 1994 Contract With America, or the 2021 Virginia gubernatorial election, and I'm proud of their tactical prowess. Then there's moments like this where I just facepalm.

Comments

BCR: Yep. Putting an absolute landslide lock win in jeopardy.

devidee: It’s important to never actually do anything so you can win the next election.

Sloppy Joe: Bingo

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    On a related note, this very left wing Twitter chick accidentally made a perfect case for why late term abortion needs to be illegal, aside from when the mom's life in danger.

https://twitter.com/stepville/status/1521355417116463104

https://twitter.com/stepville/status/1521355663187886083

Thank you, Stephanie. You provided a very realistic example of how many women will justify aborting a viable-outside-the-womb late-term baby, even if both mom and baby are healthy.

Libs have been claiming for years that "no woman" would ever abort their baby unless the circumstances were absolutely dire. They've always dismissed the possibility that women would abort fully-formed babies simply because their relationship with the dad didn't turn out the way they had hoped.

Stephanie posted what liberal women are actually thinking, but afraid to say. "We want the right to kill your baby if we don't like you anymore, and don't want to deal with you and your spawn for 18 years."

They should print out this tweet and bring it to every debate about late term abortion.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Conservatives should not be celebrating this.

This is the dumbest thing Reoublicans could have done. The time for earthshattering change like this is when you're on the path to lose anyway, and this can be seen as a Hail Mary to motivate the base.

The time NOT to do this is when you're a lock to have historically huge gains in the midterms, and when the opposing party is routinely shooting themselves in the foot. The correct play is to just sit back and let Democrats beat themselves, as they've repeatedly been doing since Biden took office.

Moderates and independents were hating what the modern Democratic Party has become. They see massive inflation, increasing crime, worker shortages, supply chain shortages, high gas prices, bad foreign policy, a nonsense COVID policy, and a shrinking economy. Democrats attempt to counter with more handouts, lol college loan forgiveness, support of continued COVID restrictions, dismissal of parents' rights regarding the public schools, and trans women in women's sports. They couldn't be more out of touch. And it doesn't seem likely to change before November.

So what does the GOP do? They inject a hyper-controversial move into the public conversation -- one which overturns 49 years or precedent -- and where moderates and independents are mostly on the OTHER side. Idiots!

I realize SCOUTS is supposed to be nonpartisan, but let's be real -- it hasn't been that way for decades. If the GOP was against a Roe overturn right now, the conservative SCOTUS judges wouldn't have done it.

The Republican Party always knew that an attack on Roe was a death sentence. They understood the drill -- give the lip service about how abortion is bad, fight against perversion of the "safe, legal, and rare" concept such as late term abortion, and otherwise keep hands off. What a time to break from that.

Ugh.

Sometimes I see the way the GOP does things, such as the 1994 Contract With America, or the 2021 Virginia gubernatorial election, and I'm proud of their tactical prowess. Then there's moments like this where I just facepalm.

It’s an interesting calculus, but an almost certain loser long term.

The biggest emerging demographic is Hispanics. They were traditionally very against abortion, but there hasn’t been a lot of recent serious polling. The last serious ones were 2009ish, and were already showing a generational shift. How bad a move this is depends a lot on what mainstream opinion is in that community. I could see it hurting in the rust belt and swing states but possibly not be that horrible in the emerging blue areas with high Hispanic populations. Just depends where they are at now on the issue. I truly don’t know?

During Covid, the Obama to Trump nutjobs who hold insane opinions like split, this issue was the one I had to constantly bite my tongue on. Pretty much every nutjob woman I personally knew who was talking about pedophiles and vaccines and Jesus probably averaged like 2 abortions.

They were obsessed with Hollywood elite pedophile rings, and #savethechildren nonsense, and I had to bite my tongue from replying how weird it was for them to hold that opinion given they’d had multiple abortions themselves. I also knew if their teenage daughters got knocked up by some black kid, they’d be making those same posts from the waiting room of some abortion clinic they forced their daughter to go to.

That’s a nuclear bomb I didn’t want to drop even if they were insane with people I actually know.

Taking the GOP back to the family values platform after Trump had finally rid them of that albatross.

Rich white kids will still have the ability to travel and obtain abortions. You’re going to spike births among African Americans, low end white kids, working white poor, and it’s going to continue to have ramifications forever. The GOP wisely stayed away from the Affordable Care Act knowing it’s most popular in the swing states. In a world without abortion, holy shit, you’ll be giving free health care to double in 10 years. You’re also going to make the country darker much quicker.

It’s also one of those issues where it’s hard to really poll on. Being pro-choice polls at like 59%, but I’m guessing it’s much higher. It’s like the opposite of gay marriage. It’s easy to say I’m pro-life when polled because it just avoids drama from your religious parents or what you think your church friends would want you to say. But raising a kid you didn’t want for 20 years is another story.

More than anything, the timing is unreal bad from a strictly political side. Biden was dropping support quickest among young people. The Dems were going to get destroyed.

That whole Trump coalition of working white people have aborted one hell of a lot of kids. They were heading towards a resounding victory. I assume they’ll still get a large victory as the ramifications of shit takes time to hit home. Going forward, in the elections to come, this is going to be a very bad day for the GOP. I’ve talked many times through the years that this decision would be the biggest gift they could ever give Dems.

What’s to gain for the GOP? They already got 90% of evangelicals.

Load Metric
    It’s interesting to read this draft has been circulating since February.

While it’s probably a 90% chance it’s some left wing clerk for a left wing justice, if I held Druff’s political positions and was clerking for one of the right-wingers, I’d leak it also. It’s due next month anyway. I’d Hail Mary leak it hoping the politicians on my side know it’s trouble and bring pressure from the right to stop it behind the scenes or can delay it. Any smart conservative knows this is bad news.

Load Metric
    On a related note, this very left wing Twitter chick accidentally made a perfect case for why late term abortion needs to be illegal, aside from when the mom's life in danger.

https://twitter.com/stepville/status/1521355417116463104

https://twitter.com/stepville/status/1521355663187886083

Thank you, Stephanie. You provided a very realistic example of how many women will justify aborting a viable-outside-the-womb late-term baby, even if both mom and baby are healthy.

Libs have been claiming for years that "no woman" would ever abort their baby unless the circumstances were absolutely dire. They've always dismissed the possibility that women would abort fully-formed babies simply because their relationship with the dad didn't turn out the way they had hoped.

Stephanie posted what liberal women are actually thinking, but afraid to say. "We want the right to kill your baby if we don't like you anymore, and don't want to deal with you and your spawn for 18 years."

They should print out this tweet and bring it to every debate about late term abortion.
    none of what she posted stated that. She literally pointed out the hardships single mothers face because all you pro-life people can't be bothered to give a fuck about the babies after they are born.

your argument style is very much pull it out of your ass here. she is literally talking about getting out of an abusive situation, that's not a hey I dislike this kid so Imma abort it

but fuck it, even if that were there reasoning, so fucking what? It's her body, her choice. I wanna see the day that republicans legislate men's reproductive rights the same way they are trying to with women.

Load Metric
    that being said, you are right about this being pretty awful strategy on the Repubs side, this is really pissing off a lot of people that will make it their mission to vote.

Serious question Dan, what if your SO had an ectopic pregnancy? Would you just let god sort it out or would you agree with her getting the ol' aborsh?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ben Shaprio wrote out an editorial about how he feels about it: https://www.dailywire.com/news/shapi...-of-that-means

Shapiro frames this as a states' rights issue, and supports it. It is indeed worth noting that the end of Roe doesn't mean the end of abortion. It just means that each state will decide its own abortion laws, and honestly it's been going that way anyway.

You have states like Oregon which allow full-term abortion at any time for any reason. You have states like Texas attempting to work around Roe and still punish those who get abortions.

Neither of these type of actions fit within the spirit of the 1973 ruling, which declared that abortion should be "safe, legal, and rare". If you're killing your 8-months-developed baby because you hate your ex-boyfriend and don't want to raise a child with him, that doesn't qualify as "rare".

Still, Roe has been a stable law of the land for almost 50 years, meaning that most adults alive today do not remember a time when it wasn't in place. It's just bad politics to do this right now.

Ben Shapiro originally came after Trump pretty hard in 2015 and early 2016 during the primaries, but he's really tempered his criticism of the right since becoming really big. He doesn't want to ruin his brand. I give him credit for never validating the idiotic "2020 election was rigged" nonsense, but he always carefully explained his position as, "I never saw convincing enough evidence to believe it", and didn't criticize the portion of the party which pushed this narrative.

He's also very religious, so he's been very anti-abortion, to the point where any assault on abortion rights is something he sees as a win, even if it fucks the Republicans in both the short and long term.

Load Metric
    Not an American, so forgive me if this is a dumb question:

With a democrat as president, and democrats as majority in both houses of congress, why did they not codify Roe?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post

With a democrat as president, and democrats as majority in both houses of congress, why did they not codify Roe?
    You need 60 votes in the Senate. So 10 from the GOP. Not sure they have 1. It would be political death on a personal level to almost any Senate Republican to side with the Dems on this one, even if it would be smart politics for the party.

I don’t think they have the votes to eliminate the filibuster, and even if they did, they’d rather run against this than stop it.

Load Metric
    Ben Shaprio wrote out an editorial about how he feels about it: https://www.dailywire.com/news/shapi...-of-that-means

Shapiro frames this as a states' rights issue, and supports it. It is indeed worth noting that the end of Roe doesn't mean the end of abortion. It just means that each state will decide its own abortion laws, and honestly it's been going that way anyway.

You have states like Oregon which allow full-term abortion at any time for any reason. You have states like Texas attempting to work around Roe and still punish those who get abortions.

Neither of these type of actions fit within the spirit of the 1973 ruling, which declared that abortion should be "safe, legal, and rare". If you're killing your 8-months-developed baby because you hate your ex-boyfriend and don't want to raise a child with him, that doesn't qualify as "rare".

Still, Roe has been a stable law of the land for almost 50 years, meaning that most adults alive today do not remember a time when it wasn't in place. It's just bad politics to do this right now.

Ben Shapiro originally came after Trump pretty hard in 2015 and early 2016 during the primaries, but he's really tempered his criticism of the right since becoming really big. He doesn't want to ruin his brand. I give him credit for never validating the idiotic "2020 election was rigged" nonsense, but he always carefully explained his position as, "I never saw convincing enough evidence to believe it", and didn't criticize the portion of the party which pushed this narrative.

He's also very religious, so he's been very anti-abortion, to the point where any assault on abortion rights is something he sees as a win, even if it fucks the Republicans in both the short and long term.
    I would wager that that happens so infrequently that it actually is rare

but again, her body her choice dude

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

I would wager that that happens so infrequently that it actually is rare

but again, her body her choice dude
    Only 6% of abortions occur after 15 weeks. 1% after 19 weeks. I’d guess it’s extraordinarily rare at 30 weeks.

Load Metric
    Who produces the abortion pills? That stock is going up. Too ghoulish for me, just thinking of the real world.

Every drug dealer in every red state will have them in stock. This isn’t the seventies where it was back allies, but even then most likely some liberal doctor or nurse.

Basically a bunch of teenage girls in red states will now be blowing drug dealers for abortion pills. The real world result will be putting suburban girls in contact with drug dealers. It’s legal to get it though the mail, so will remain so in blue states, creating a new drug market as girls in red states won’t be able to get them in the mail, and wouldn’t anyway with most living with parents. You’ll have mail inspectors going over any suspect package looking for abortion pills and finding other stuff which they then seize.

Going to have a lot of unintended consequences with this thing.

Load Metric
    This is not the time to end the greatest eugenics program in the history of mankind.

Set these hoes free!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post

Because you need 60 votes in the senate it is very hard to do.

But - if this is the alpha issue that everyone says it is (hint: it isn’t) the Dens could threaten to not pass another law and not raise the debt ceiling and force the GOP to bargain.

They would have to want to spend the political capital to do so (hint: they don’t)

Load Metric
    The Democrats don’t actually want to codify abortion into law. The threat of RvW being overturned is their biggest fundraising wedge.

Load Metric
    The leak was planned. Lol at day before election.

Last ditch effort of libs to maintain control.

Supreme court lost their credibility when they voted for medical tyranny

I have to vote for the Joooo today. Tell Katie lol. I know they aint happy with him.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Name:  D550EBD5-93DD-4E2A-8FB2-342863313759.jpeg
Views: 235
Size:  256.3 KB

Comments

country978: dead fetus costumes

Sloppy Joe:

Load Metric
    Why is the Supreme Court holding back their legal draft for overturning Roe v. Wade which was done back in December 2021?

What are they waiting for, the next election?
    This Supreme Court honestly has no credibility anymore. They must all resign in disgrace.

Thread Information