Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Actual Lock - Roe V. Wade repealed with Trump in office -300

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Other than "MUH DEMOCRACY" liberals who have listed "loss of a woman's right to choose" among the evils they claim will happen under "fascist conservative rule", there wasn't much serious belief that an overturn of Roe v Wade would happen.

It seems that this is being done from a states' rights standpoint, and I understand it. Indeed, as I mentioned before, several states are already violating the spirit of Roe anyway, so why not just take the fed out of it?

Still, this is a very very bad look for Republicans politically. Big mistake.
    Hmmm, really?

Trump in 2016 promised to overturn Roe v. Wade in a presidential debate.

"That will happen automatically, in my opinion, because I am putting pro-life justices on the court," Trump said. "I will say this: It will go back to the states, and the states will then make a determination."
    Wherein lay the surprise exactly? Where is the Republican failure?

Whether you agree or disagree with the issue this outcome was telegraphed pretty clearly to many of us. Candidly, I stole some catchers signs early on from George Will.

In a world where Conservatism doesn’t mean anything anymore George Will is my boy.

So now democracy will take over at the state level…, or anarchy. Don’t kid yourself, the leader of the Republican Party will have his finger firmly pressed on those at the state level. A reminder of who is running the show.

I’m not saying I agree or disagree with abortion. I’m telling you how it is. … once again.

This is where I come down on it for the post part. The republicans stance is “pro life” and they are unapologetically moving forward in that regard. I completely disagree with them but they feel like it’s the right thing and acting accordingly.

It’s the democrats that are completely full of shit. If codifying RvW was truly as important as they say they would have made it federal law at some point over the past 50 years.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Women have to realize that they not qualified to make decisions regarding their body. Only dirty old men who have a history of sexually harassing, raping women can do that.

Thanks to this ruling most Republicans will be voted out of office.

So this is incorrect. Abortion is not even in the top 5 issues that people vote on. So, you will be deeply disappointed. People care about the Economy and Crime way more. Democrats lose on those issues every time.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Hmmm, really?

"That will happen automatically, in my opinion, because I am putting pro-life justices on the court," Trump said. "I will say this: It will go back to the states, and the states will then make a determination."

Whether you agree or disagree with the issue this outcome was telegraphed pretty clearly to many of us. Candidly, I stole some catchers signs early on from George Will.

In a world where Conservatism doesn’t mean anything anymore George Will is my boy.

So now democracy will take over at the state level…, or anarchy. Don’t kid yourself, the leader of the Republican Party will have his finger firmly pressed on those at the state level. A reminder of who is running the show.

I’m not saying I agree or disagree with abortion. I’m telling you how it is. … once again.

This is where I come down on it for the post part. The republicans stance is “pro life” and they are unapologetically moving forward in that regard. I completely disagree with them but they feel like it’s the right thing and acting accordingly.

It’s the democrats that are completely full of shit. If codifying RvW was truly as important as they say they would have made it federal law at some point over the past 50 years.

They actually tried this a couple of years ago. They only got 46 votes in the Senate. So, even getting rid of the Filibuster wouldn't have made a difference.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Load Metric
    Name:  7C1ED6AE-9DD7-49B9-B33C-0F78861CDF4B.jpeg
Views: 281
Size:  134.5 KB

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: I agree with the above

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Hmmm, really?

They actually tried this a couple of years ago. They only got 46 votes in the Senate. So, even getting rid of the Filibuster wouldn't have made a difference.

Right - but if it was the centerpiece of the platform and nothing was more important than a woman’s right to choose in their view it would have been done long ago.

Turns out it’s not as important at they think. They could use the nuclear option now. They could just simply not pass anything after the mid terms including raising the debt ceiling.

If it was “that important” it would happen.

Load Metric
    This is a disaster for the Ukraine.

The democrat party loves killing babies even more than it loves killing Russians.

Volodymyr who?
    Tradition is a set of solutions for which we have forgotten the problems.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I LEAN LEFT SO OBV I LEAN TOWARDS PRO CHOICE. BUT WHEN I HEAR FAR LEFTISTS ESSENTIALLY BRAG ABOUT THEIR 4TH ABORTION AND SAY THINGS LIKE "NOBODY WILL FORCE ME TO BE PREGNANT", I SHAKE MY HEAD. YOU KNOW, ABORTION ISNT THE ONLY THING THAT PREVENTS UNWANTED CHILDBIRTH....

SIDE NOTE: THIS SAME WOMAN IS AN ILLEGAL AND WAS SUPER SAD THAT ICE CAME AFTER HER. MAYBE DONT BE A LOUD AND PROUD ILLEGAL WHO TOUTS HER ABORTIONS LIKE THEY ARE PRESTIGIOUS AWARDS.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    devidee I'm surprised you are anti-abortion.

Seems out of character.

Comments

devidee: I’m not.

Load Metric
    Read this on the internet so it must be true.

If you count the number of abortions since RvW it would total ~70M.

That’s the fucking population of France.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Name:  7C1ED6AE-9DD7-49B9-B33C-0F78861CDF4B.jpeg
Views: 281
Size:  134.5 KB
    don't agree with elective but agree with the rest. i believe in adoption for unwanted pregnancys..

Load Metric
    Have a friend that had 8 abortions. She did have one kid tho and that kid has been unable to conceive.

Abortion should not be birth control. They have enough birth control methods including plan B that would cover 99.999% of pregnancies.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I just don't understand what the left wants here.

They want states to be able to determine abortion "rights" favorable to them, and never allowed in the Roe era, such as late term abortion on demand.

Yet they also DON'T want states to be able to determine abortion rights (or lack thereof), if the states want something MORE restrictive.

So which is it? Should states be able to modify the original spirit of Roe, or shouldn't they?

We won't get these answers. Instead we will get "OMG MUH WOMEN'S HEALTH" to go along with "OMG MUH DEMOCRACY", "OMG MUH WHITE SUPREMACY", "OMG MUH BATHROOM RIGHTS", and "OMG MUH POLICE BRUTALITY".

Load Metric

They want states to be able to determine abortion "rights" favorable to them, and never allowed in the Roe era, such as late term abortion on demand.

Yet they also DON'T want states to be able to determine abortion rights (or lack thereof), if the states want something MORE restrictive.

So which is it? Should states be able to modify the original spirit of Roe, or shouldn't they?

We won't get these answers. Instead we will get "OMG MUH WOMEN'S HEALTH" to go along with "OMG MUH DEMOCRACY", "OMG MUH WHITE SUPREMACY", "OMG MUH BATHROOM RIGHTS", and "OMG MUH POLICE BRUTALITY".

Name:  Screenshot_20220504-174300_Gallery.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  500.2 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20220504-174247_Gallery.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  240.5 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20220504-174236_Gallery.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  332.7 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20220504-174221_Gallery.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  332.0 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20220504-174206_Gallery.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  339.0 KB

Comments

splitthis: Sickos omg they gonna rot in hell

Gold
    Load Metric

I'm not quite the left but we don't want these cold blooded, slimy, unbelievably evil and corrupt fucks using this to conceal their indifference to human suffering and death. Not one of them gives a rat's ass about the unborn and the whole world knows it. They need to take their God and their absurd fairytales and shove em up their ass. If there's a God then let him handle it.
    Mr Zappa was right, we're moving toward a fascist theocracy.,

Hey ladies, get your John Robert's endorsed clothes hanger.

Forget all that, they testified under oath that this was settled law, they all got their current job on the understanding this was settled law.
    They lied, now arrest them!

They're going to find out what the people think about living in a fascist theocracy.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: https://vocaroo.com/1ifdxEZ8q2oZ

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Women have to realize that they not qualified to make decisions regarding their body. Only dirty old men who have a history of sexually harassing, raping women can do that.

Thanks to this ruling most Republicans will be voted out of office.

So this is incorrect. Abortion is not even in the top 5 issues that people vote on. So, you will be deeply disappointed. People care about the Economy and Crime way more. Democrats lose on those issues every time.
    It's not even in the top 10 of issues. Moderate Dems also wish the issue would go away because now they have to take a stance. Either way they go they lose votes.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Blue states keep passing outrageous abortion laws which allow easy access to late term abortion. Republicans get increasingly outraged. I know this because I'm a Republican myself. I communicate with other Republicans. I'm in Republican online groups/forums. I watch Republican shows. Every time another outrageous late-term abortion law was passed, that's when everyone would get all spun up.

It wasn't always like this.

For 40+ years, the accepted "compromise" was easy access to early term abortion, middle-term abortions if the baby has major birth defects, and late-term if the mom's life is in danger.

This shoved abortion to the back of the line regarding policy priorities, and it would only crop up during Presidential debates every 4 years, and then return to being a background issue.

However, as blue states increased access to late term abortion, and arrogantly labeled it "access to women's healthcare" and "women's autonomy", the right finally got pissed off and decided to come back with their own preferred abortion legislation.

That's what reignited this entire thing about 5 years ago.

Now a Republican-led Supreme Court has decided to just end the entire sham of the federal government being in control of abortion (because it really hasn't been for the past 5-10 years), and the left is panicking.

Well... maybe if you guys hadn't given "rights" to women to commit literal murder of fully developed healthy babies, this wouldn't be happening. You guys ruined the entire spirit of Roe, so now Roe is going away.

I just don't like it because it has the potential to fuck up an easy Republican victory in November. Terrible timing.

While I am personally pro-life, I am actually for allowing elective early term abortion, from a legal standpoint. Basically I'm fine with the way abortion was handled after the updated 1992 ruling. It should have been left alone there. If it was, we probably wouldn't be seeing the end of Roe right now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Still, this is a very very bad look for Republicans politically. Big mistake.

Very bad for moderate Dems. Either way they go they lose votes.

Sloppy Joe doesn't want to lose his ability to keep having abortions.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Soyboy Sloppy would have been extremely upset if his wife left him during the 9th month of pregnancy and aborted his kid.

He lives in Oregon where this would have been legal (and still is).

Fortunately for him, she did have the kid and didn't leave him, but instead stopped having sex with him. This has led him to take out his frustrations on the internet, where he trolls older men on forums every day.

Male libs are always very progressive until the situation affects them, and then all of a sudden they change their tune.

Comments

splitthis: Rofl

Load Metric
    Soyboy Sloppy would have been extremely upset if his wife left him during the 9th month of pregnancy and aborted his kid.

He lives in Oregon where this would have been legal (and still is).

Fortunately for him, she did have the kid and didn't leave him, but instead stopped having sex with him. This has led him to take out his frustrations on the internet, where he trolls older men on forums every day.

Male libs are always very progressive until the situation affects them, and then all of a sudden they change their tune.
    Lol what a fucking weird thing for a fellow parent to say.

Comments

mickeycrimm: Sloppy now having gay sex to assuage his feelings of rejection
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Oh, and I'm tired of the "late term abortion is rare, and late term abortion where the mom's life isn't in danger is even more rare" argument for why murder of viable babies should be okay.

Who cares how rare it is? Murder is extremely rare in the area of town where I live. Should that mean that people should be able to get away with murder here, provided only X happen per year? That's an insane argument. Murder should always be highly illegal, whether it's against humans outside the womb or viable-outside-the-womb babies who haven't been born yet.

If it's so "rare" to kill healthy babies where the mom's life isn't in danger, why not just outlaw that? The left doesn't want that. They want this absurd option on the table because they've gone so far off the deep end with "don't control women's bodies" that they support the murder of a viable human being to uphold that standard.

Look at the tweet I posted yesterday. It was a blue-checkmark liberal woman explaining that (anytime) abortion needs to be an option in order to free women from "abusive relationships" or "20 years of contact with the abuser". While this chick is just one person, notice the comments in response which roundly agree with her.

That's the true leftist thinking nowadays. There are plenty of young women who will kill their 8-months-delveoped baby if it means getting out of an unpleasant situation (either a bad relationship or financial) and starting life fresh. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Legalizing even one of these murders is an absolute tragedy.
    have you ever been in an abusive relationship?

Also fun fact the number one cause of death for pregnant women is homicide

Thread Information