Thread: Mickey Rourke claims he beat Usain Bolt in drunken London foot race

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Mickey Rourke claims he beat Usain Bolt in drunken London foot race

Usain Bolt running a sprint? No story there.

Mickey Rourke being drunk? Yup, seen that before.

Bolt losing a drunken, late-night London sprint to Rourke? Now that's a story, and it's one the 59-year-old actor told Yahoo! Sports in an interview Monday.

"We were outside the Wellington in Central London and it was four in the morning," Rourke told Yahoo! Sports over the phone. "It was just that time of the night, you know, when anything can happen. So I went up to him and I said, 'Come on, you are the world's fastest man, let's go.' "

The star of "The Wrestler" got slight a head start at the impromptu 4 a.m. race before the world record holder in the 100- and 200-meter dashes came running for him.

"There was a space in the street of about 30 meters," Rourke told Yahoo! Sports. "I got him to back up about four paces, we set off and I got him by a few inches."

There have been questions surrounding the health of Bolt, who missed the Monono meet last week with what his coach called "a slight problem." This news came on the heels of losses to countryman Yohan Blake in the 100- and 200-meter sprints at the Jamaican trials.

Bolt is expected to compete in the Olympics at 100 percent, though it's unclear what his health status for the booze-fueled run was.

Rourke's status, however, was less than perfect.

Aside from years of hard partying and late nights, Rourke said a run-in earlier in the same evening left him with a torn bicep.

"I had been drinking tequila with these guys from the Huddersfield Giants rugby team," Rourke told Yahoo! Sports. "I was arm wrestling with one of them, he was huge, and that is how I tore my bicep. I should have given in but I didn't want to, you know.

"But at least I won something that night," Rourke continued. "We were going to go back into the bar again after I raced Usain but they had closed it down for the night. So it was a pretty good way to end up."

maybe he's faster than he looks. like you druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  xxxas.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  75.8 KB

Load Metric
    Usain was either laughing too hard to actually run

had a broken leg

or both possibly

otherwise SOMEONE is gunning for free publicity

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    You will see here that it took Usain Bolt about 4.0 seconds to run 30 meters when he broke WR. What you will also note on the chart was that Usain had one of the slowest reaction times of any of the truly fast 100 meters runs. Throw in the fact that he give Mickey a 4 or 5 pace headstart and that his reaction time may have been extremely slow drunk at 4am and it isnt unquestionable at all that he could have lost this race.

http://speedendurance.com/2008/08/22...eed-endurance/
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    You will see here that it took Usain Bolt about 4.0 seconds to run 30 meters when he broke WR. What you will also note on the chart was that Usain had one of the slowest reaction times of any of the truly fast 100 meters runs. Throw in the fact that he give Mickey a 4 or 5 pace headstart and that his reaction time may have been extremely slow drunk at 4am and it isnt unquestionable at all that he could have lost this race.

http://speedendurance.com/2008/08/22...eed-endurance/

Thanks for clearing up the investigation.

Spend some more time breaking down the math of it. I don't think you can convince anyone you're right.

Load Metric

Thread Information