Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 500

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2019 Thread

  1. #401
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4544
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,357
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Your #4 starter is victorious against an opener for the Mariners in the 4th game of a long series.

    This has absolutely no parallel to tournament play. Maybe your #4 goes to the bullpen as a long reliever.

    If you feel the season is too long a satellite to the big tournament hardly anyone will argue.

    Raw wins are a poor way to compare teams from division to division and league to league. Dodgers still have a cupcake division

    RPI and strength of schedule measurements have disappointed me personally

    The Royals reference is intriguing. That team did nothing short of rewrite the way teams approach pitching. Genius rewarded.
    Dodgers are 12-3 against the East, 19-11 against the Central, and 29-15 against the West.

    They aren't just fattening up on a bad division. In fact, there are no horrible teams in the NL West. Even the last place Giants are 45-49. There just aren't any good teams besides the Dodgers.

    The Royals may have been innovative and surprising, but the 2014 version still wasn't that good, and played over their heads in the postseason.

    162 games is a lot. They need to mean something.

    You've talked about load management. 100% the Dodgers are going to do this later in the season. They've basically already won the division, and they just need to stay ahead of Atlanta for the best record in the NL. As long as they can maintain that (right now it's a 4.5 game lead over the Braves), they will start fielding minor league looking teams in September.

     
    Comments
      
      big dick: FUCK THE DODGERS

  2. #402
    That’s why I took Dodgers under 99.5 wins at All Star break. Purely a load management play.

    Can you imagine the Red Sox becoming sellers? Cashner might not unpack his bags. Mookie? Wow.

    I think they are done. No pitching. It would be pure delusion of them to pursue playoffs. It’s more than one more arm that they need.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-16-2019 at 08:09 PM.

  3. #403
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4544
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,357
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Thatís why I took Dodgers under 99.5 wins at All Star break. Purely a load management play.

    Can you imagine the Red Sox becoming sellers? Cashner might not unpack his bags. Mookie? Wow.

    I think they are done. No pitching. It would be pure delusion of them to pursue playoffs. Itís more than one more arm that they need.
    I don't think they will become sellers simply because it's a bad look to give up the year after they won the World Series.

    It is going to become a struggle to make the postseason, since they're 10 games behind the Yankees (forget it), and then have to leapfrog two teams ahead of them -- the Rays, the surging Indians, and the A's. Plus they need to keep the Angels and Rangers behind them.

    It could happen, but odds are against it right now.

    What a fail.

  4. #404
    Diamond big dick's Avatar
    Reputation
    1132
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    fuck krypt
    Posts
    7,570
    they didn't fail last year when they smoked the chokers in the ws


    dodgers have no heart and will choke like they always do


    and don't forget the cubs are 8 games over 500 with a pen that has blown like 15 games.
    You better hope kimbrel shits the bed and our pen doesn't get better or the cubs might be the team to take the chokers out come playoff time

  5. #405
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4544
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,357
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    they didn't fail last year when they smoked the chokers in the ws


    dodgers have no heart and will choke like they always do


    and don't forget the cubs are 8 games over 500 with a pen that has blown like 15 games.
    You better hope kimbrel shits the bed and our pen doesn't get better or the cubs might be the team to take the chokers out come playoff time
    Dodgers' pen is also their weakness, so what's your point? Even if you ignore the fails of both pens, the Dodgers are still the much better team.

    The Cubs had their brief time in the sun, now they are a slightly above average team. They'll probably make the playoffs because nobody in the NL Central is good this year, and both wildcard teams won't have a good record, in all likelihood.

    Face the facts that the Dodgers are by far the best team in the NL this year. The only real question is how they will fare against some of those strong AL teams in the World Series.

  6. #406
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    they didn't fail last year when they smoked the chokers in the ws


    dodgers have no heart and will choke like they always do


    and don't forget the cubs are 8 games over 500 with a pen that has blown like 15 games.
    You better hope kimbrel shits the bed and our pen doesn't get better or the cubs might be the team to take the chokers out come playoff time
    Dodgers' pen is also their weakness, so what's your point? Even if you ignore the fails of both pens, the Dodgers are still the much better team.

    The Cubs had their brief time in the sun, now they are a slightly above average team. They'll probably make the playoffs because nobody in the NL Central is good this year, and both wildcard teams won't have a good record, in all likelihood.

    Face the facts that the Dodgers are by far the best team in the NL this year. The only real question is how they will fare against some of those strong AL teams in the World Series.
    I agree with this. Likely Dodgers vs Braves for the NL

    I would love to see a Dodgers vs Twins World Series .

    My Phillies are going backwards to the basement

  7. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post

    I agree with this. Likely Dodgers vs Braves for the NL

    I would love to see a Dodgers vs Twins World Series .

    My Phillies are going backwards to the basement
    It’s fun to be a fan but ...

    Nats have (3) starting pitchers on Fangraphs top 15. Scherzer is #1, Strasburg #5, Corbin #14
    Dodgers have (1) Ryu #6

    Buehler Ryu is your 1/2? The offense may back that up.

    I posted that Nats were a nice looking long shot a while ago but didn’t fire. Bad decision.

    I have serious and justified reservations about the Braves. Young and fun but a little early

  8. #408
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4544
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,357
    Blog Entries
    2
    The Braves also just look really bad whenever they play the Dodgers in recent years. They just don't seem to match up well, for whatever reason.

    I realize that things can change, but we will see.

    Dodgers bullpen just blew a game in Philly.

  9. #409
    this is just HOF shit right here...im fucking dying...


     
    Comments
      
      big dick: wrecked that poor kid

  10. #410
    Gold Jayjami's Avatar
    Reputation
    336
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Wofford Heights, CA
    Posts
    1,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The Braves also just look really bad whenever they play the Dodgers in recent years. They just don't seem to match up well, for whatever reason.

    I realize that things can change, but we will see.

    Dodgers bullpen just blew a game in Philly.
    Iím worried about the Nats (assuming they make the playoffs). They have the front line pitching to match up with the Dodgers, but their bullpen is horrible. If they shore it up, in a 5 game series, they have a chance.

  11. #411
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The Braves also just look really bad whenever they play the Dodgers in recent years. They just don't seem to match up well, for whatever reason.

    I realize that things can change, but we will see.

    Dodgers bullpen just blew a game in Philly.
    I’m worried about the Nats (assuming they make the playoffs). They have the front line pitching to match up with the Dodgers, but their bullpen is horrible. If they shore it up, in a 5 game series, they have a chance.
    I am fresh from a 2 day visit to a sports book

    Last night - bottom middle screen is the Nats game in the critical 3rd inning


    Name:  2F1B75B2-34B0-4D01-AFDA-7B9EA2257E59.jpeg
Views: 134
Size:  2.19 MB

    I came away from my trip with so many thoughts.

    I just happened to be chatting with Simpdog and snapped the picture as a brag whilst he was slaving away at home. The picture captures the moment the Braves rookie pitcher is about to get torched for 8 I believe. I was listening to a syndicate of kids talk about their fears regarding the Nationals bullpen. People latch onto these narratives. It’s easy and digestible. If live wagering was offered I swear they would have hedged what turned out to be a 14-3 beatdown.

    I made the trip for this game. I got buried Sawks vs Toronto previously and needed to make some large bets and off shore wasn’t gonna cut it.

    Strasburg vs a Braves flamethrowing minor league phenom. Folks dismissing the Nationals still and the Braves are very public. People over value prospects. This is a fundamental truth in all sports. Emotionally, I love the Braves too as you have read in my posts. I have a Braves future. However, gimme the veteran ace Strasburg all fucking day versus a kid’s first game. This was a spot worth traveling for. I will make a special trip to bet that large.

    People still hung up on the Nats bullpen. I get the Orioles blowup the other day. Suerro had some personal shit going on and he wasn’t professional enough to pitch through it. But it fits the narrative nicely. That’s exploitable stuff if you are me.

    Much to my surprise, my biggest success this year has been with futures. I had the Bruins & Blues in NHL. Proud of that hit. My baseball adjusted futures are all positive. NBA has been a goldmine.

    I find futures is the THE MOST inefficient market. Nowhere else are emotions on display like futures. People are so irrational in this arena. A visitor to Vegas bets his home team to win World Series just before Drexel drives him to the airport. Extreme example. LeBron and Tiger.

    A lesson I am internalizing with the Nationals: I posted about them weeks ago as a good future idea. I missed the top pricewise. I wasn’t gonna get the best price and passed. IDIOT Not because I passed on a winner but because I am not afraid to pay a price for a winner. In the stock market, I give up price while I let a stock PROVE it is a breakout.

    I made my trip to bet Cleveland RL 2 days. Even though people still have a negative Indians narrative the price was big and I took it. Both won

    I did Houston RL too. Smooth.

    Look, it’s a long season. Shit changes. Sorry Druff. Be fluid with your perception of teams. TEAMS DO NOT REMAIN THE SAME. Druff describes what he doesn’t understand as “getting hot” and “variance”. Everyone was fully accepting from week one that the Yankees would be different end of year. They all are to one degree or another.

    That’s my ramble. It’s either take it out on you or the dog. I learned some shit about my mistakes.

    Also, I had a lot of time to kill and chatted up the sportsbook manager. Kid was a clueless fuck. I dented them good but why should he care. Kid had issues
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-19-2019 at 10:05 AM.

  12. #412
    Diamond big dick's Avatar
    Reputation
    1132
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    fuck krypt
    Posts
    7,570
    cubs starting to heat up druff. Hammels and Willy will be back soon too

    maybe kimbrel can get the job done.


    love how you don't even mention the cubs as a threat to the dodgers. been to LCS most years since 2015 and won a WS

    gonna be an exciting august septemeber and october

  13. #413
    Serial Blogger BeerAndPoker's Avatar
    Reputation
    1376
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,978
    Blog Entries
    20
    Good luck to anyone trying to hit this pitch


  14. #414
    New contest

    Test Druff’s baseball IQ.

    Who is the hottest team in baseball?


    It’s like the ‘80’s with the answer in the back of your algebra book.
    We will give you the answer but you won’t learn anything, will you?

     
    Nationals

  15. #415
    Kelly Bundy tomorrow in Phoenix

    Let’s resist the gratuitous slut shaming

  16. #416
    Diamond big dick's Avatar
    Reputation
    1132
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    fuck krypt
    Posts
    7,570
    well done strop you worthless cocksucker.
    cubs pen is pitiful we should trade a top offensive player for a few good relievers if possible

  17. #417
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4544
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,357
    Blog Entries
    2
    MLB stadium news:

    Dodgers to get $100 million renovation, but will still maintain the same basic structure and look: https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodge...eld-renovation

    Dodger Stadium is the third-oldest stadium in baseball, built in the early 60s. I personally love the place, and feel it's the perfect middle ground between the classic old time stadium and the modern stadiums. There are a few annoying things about it -- it's not particularly easy to move around in the hallways, and the entrances to the parking lot aren't well designed and prone to big backups, plus the parking lot itself is a weird maze.

    However, I really would be upset if they substantially changed the stadium. Sure, there's been tweaks over the years -- the introduction of advertisements beyond the simple "76" ball which always sat over left field, the addition of the "dugout seats" at the expense of foul territory, and the (now mandatory) foul screen which extends from 1B to 3B.

    However, it's still mostly the same stadium I first visited in 1976.

    These renovations won't change that, but are seeking to make the place more family-friendly, adding a play area behind center field (lol), and connecting the bleacher areas to the rest of the stadium via bridges. The connection of the bleachers doesn't make me happy, because that's where a lot of the bad (gang) element sits, and I liked having them isolated. Oh well. They really don't bother me because I'm wearing Dodgers gear and am a middle-aged white guy -- basically the opposite of what they'd view as a rival.

    At the same time, these renovations aren't going to really benefit me much, nor are they likely to benefit the typical fan who goes to the game, sits down, eats a Dodger Dog or two, and drives home when it's done. They're more aimed at the people who want other things to do at the game besides watch baseball.

    Dodger Stadium does have a '60s feel to it in some ways. For example, they have a weird "Club" level in between the loge (2nd) level and reserved (4th) level. The Club level is tiny, and doesn't really make a lot of sense. Why is it there? It's all in the name. In the 1960s, clubs were all the range. People wanted to feel exclusive, and a lot of times they did so via club memberships. The Dodgers capitalized upon this by building a thin Club level in the middle of the stadium, and an actual Stadium Club in right field, only open to those with Club seats. It worked. A lot of people loved the Club seats and paid extra for them, even though they didn't have a particularly good view of the game, especially on the sides of the stadium. But you felt exclusive and got to sit with others who felt exclusive, plus you had that LOL Stadium Club you could enter (which was/is enclosed, and has a crappy view of the game). All of this still exists today, though people aren't nearly as excited by it. Some of the Club level has been replaced by the 2000s version of the same thing -- suites. I never understood the appeal of suites at a sporting event, as your view of the game sucks, and they're really expensive. I mean, yeah, you and 15 friends can comfortably sit there and socialize, but you can do that without going to a baseball game.

    A Sandy Koufax statue is also going up.


    In other news, the White Sox have done the unthinkable, and extended that obnoxious foul netting from foul pole to foul pole. https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...tu4-story.html

    I hate it. Hate it so much.

    Absolutely destroys field level seating. I tried sitting behind the netting once at Dodger Stadium. Terrible. You can't keep track of where the ball goes. It's like having a mesh put over your eyeballs for the entire game.

    I hope this doesn't catch on.

    If kids are such a concern, why not just make the "dangerous" areas of the field level adults only?

  18. #418
    Diamond big dick's Avatar
    Reputation
    1132
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    fuck krypt
    Posts
    7,570
    adults skulls also crack when hit with a baseball traveling 100mph+
    Last edited by big dick; 07-23-2019 at 08:01 PM.

  19. #419
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4544
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,357
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    adults skulls also crack when hit with a baseball traveling 100mph+
    True, but the chance of that is tiny. What percentage of adults sitting on the field level in baseball history have been injured by flying balls? It's got to be tiny.

    I'll take my chances.

    Adults should be able to decide if they are willing to sit in these seats. They don't need to ruin them with lol fences.

  20. #420
    Diamond big dick's Avatar
    Reputation
    1132
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    fuck krypt
    Posts
    7,570
    i hate the giants with a passion but nothing would make me happier than them making the wild card and somehow knocking the dodgers out of the playoffs


    make it happen god

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Why you should be scared of the Dodgers in 2019 and beyond
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 07-29-2019, 06:55 PM
  2. Coming in 2019: PokerFraudAlert 2.0!!!!!!111
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-27-2019, 07:40 PM
  3. WSOP 2019 schedule announced
    By Dan Druff in forum 2019 World Series of Poker
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-25-2019, 06:35 PM
  4. yankees offseason and 2019
    By mulva in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-13-2018, 07:22 PM
  5. Vegas NYE 2019
    By Drawingdead in forum Casinos & Las Vegas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2018, 04:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •