Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 720

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2019 Thread

  1. #1

    *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2019 Thread

    I dont follow baseball as much as others here. I guess Im just not a humongous sports fan. I have alot of other shit to concentrate on in life; is what it is- sue me. I mainly follow the teams from my home state - the Brewers (and of course Packers). Ive always been a home team fan. I dont know what it is, but many other people here are like that as well. Maybe its because i grew up mere minutes from the stadium, or maybe its the close-knit fans, and maybe its that for the most part the fans as well as the players maintain fairly good ethics compaired to other teams. I mostly never saw myself as rooting for another team other than my home state.

    That being said, in the past few years, i honestly saw myself as a highly potential Dodgers fan; i dont know why, but i just was. There was/is at least one thing however that is keeping me from that

    Machado

    To put it simply, the guy is a fucking douchebag. Guy is a fucking loser and certainly no role-model at any level. I have a strong feeling he his time is ending with the Dodgers. They can do better than this douchnugget.

     
    Comments
      
      Onestep: agreed
      
      duped_samaritan: Fully expect to find out Machado beats the shit out of his gf/wife tonight.
      
      pagelpoker:

  2. #2
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4649
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,544
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    I dont follow baseball as much as others here. I guess Im just not a humongous sports fan. I have alot of other shit to concentrate on in life; is what it is- sue me. I mainly follow the teams from my home state - the Brewers (and of course Packers). Ive always been a home team fan. I dont know what it is, but many other people here are like that as well. Maybe its because i grew up mere minutes from the stadium, or maybe its the close-knit fans, and maybe its that for the most part the fans as well as the players maintain fairly good ethics compaired to other teams. I mostly never saw myself as rooting for another team other than my home state.

    That being said, in the past few years, i honestly saw myself as a highly potential Dodgers fan; i dont know why, but i just was. There was/is at least one thing however that is keeping me from that

    Machado

    To put it simply, the guy is a fucking douchebag. Guy is a fucking loser and certainly no role-model at any level. I have a strong feeling he his time is ending with the Dodgers. They can do better than this douchnugget.
    He's not coming back.

    Seager will take over SS again.

    Machado's lack of hustle, dirty play, and repeated choking in big spots is not going to push the Dodgers to make room for him in some way.

    Had he lit the world on fire upon coming to LA, I could have seen them finding a way to squeeze him in. But it's not happening now.

  3. #3
    Diamond big dick's Avatar
    Reputation
    1145
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    fuck krypt
    Posts
    7,683
    Wouldn't even want that piece of shit on the cubs.

  4. #4
    Kershaw revealed last night that he has 3 days to opt out of his contract.

    “It was confirmed to me. So I think I have three days in the opt-out window.

    “Yeah, I think I said 10 [days] a month or so ago, but found out it’s three. And so it will be an eventful three days for me, and I’ll try to figure it out.
    “I’ll try to figure it out.” Not exactly bleeding Dodger Blue.

    Don’t worry Druff. No team is mortgaging their future for Kershaw. Except the Dodgers.

    Wouldn’t it be hilarious if the Dodgers extended his deal? This is somewhat likely.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Kershaw revealed last night that he has 3 days to opt out of his contract.

    “It was confirmed to me. So I think I have three days in the opt-out window.

    “Yeah, I think I said 10 [days] a month or so ago, but found out it’s three. And so it will be an eventful three days for me, and I’ll try to figure it out.
    “I’ll try to figure it out.” Not exactly bleeding Dodger Blue.

    Don’t worry Druff. No team is mortgaging their future for Kershaw. Except the Dodgers.

    Wouldn’t it be hilarious if the Dodgers extended his deal? This is somewhat likely.
    I heard them mention it a during the game. Pretty ridiculous to make a decision like that by Wednesday.

    Two questions:

    -When will the Dodgers raise his World Series runner up banner, and is Druff going solo or will he bring his son?


    I'm sorry Druff but I would still rather be a Jays fan with distant memories of the back to back World Series championships. We also have some young kids coming up and may be able to make a run at the Yankees/Sawks in about 3 yrs.

    Funny looking at Dodgers Payroll for 2019.

    Kershaw - possibly 32 mill
    Jansen - 18 mill
    Turner - 18 mill - Okay he's worth it
    Rich Hill - 18 mill - 39 years old
    Kemp - 21.5 mill

    Luckily you have Seager, Bellinger, Buehler, Muncy still around for cheap.

    I doubt Freese is taking his 6 million dollar option. He hasn't made that much over his career needs to grab a bigger contract while he can.

  6. #6
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4649
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,544
    Blog Entries
    2
    Actually, provided the Dodgers don't shit the bed with dumb free agent signings in the offseason, they will have a ton of payroll flexibility in 2020.

    Kemp and Hill's contracts will expire.

    That will leave only Jansen, Turner, and maybe Kershaw with sizable contracts in 2020.

    The only significant player hitting free agency that year will be Puig.

    The team's biggest problem, though, is that they aren't gong to get much help from the minors. The prospects they have are unexciting at the moment. No Seager, Bellinger, Buehler, or even Urias quality players there at the moment. And you can't expect a Chris Taylor (2017) or Max Muncy (2018) to show up every year to bail you out when you have holes in your team.

    This front office also hasn't been particularly good with either medium/big free agent signings or midseason pickups. They've oddly succeeded with their seemingly inconsequential moves -- the aforementioned Taylor and Muncy pickups, the Kemp "salary dump" trade which ended up saving their first half of 2018, and even David Freese at the August deadline. Some of that had to be luck, but I'll give them credit for those pickups. Justin Turner was another inconsequential pickup in 2014 (the Mets released him and put out the word that he doesn't hustle and is bad in the clubhouse), but that was by the previous regime.

    I will also give them credit for not making completely idiotic moves which fuck the team for many years -- such as Albert Pujols or Ryan Howard. They've done some dumb things, but at least those dumb things run out after a few years.

    The Dodgers front office has been better at not making moves than making moves, strangely enough.

    Dave Roberts is about to get a long term contract. Not kidding. He's been a good puppet for the front office, and takes all the blame when they direct him to do ill-advised things. He's about to get rewarded.

    Dodgers will win the NL West again in 2019.

  7. #7
    Residential Neighborhood badguy23's Avatar
    Reputation
    434
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Actually, provided the Dodgers don't shit the bed with dumb free agent signings in the offseason, they will have a ton of payroll flexibility in 2020.

    Kemp and Hill's contracts will expire.

    That will leave only Jansen, Turner, and maybe Kershaw with sizable contracts in 2020.

    The only significant player hitting free agency that year will be Puig.

    The team's biggest problem, though, is that they aren't gong to get much help from the minors. The prospects they have are unexciting at the moment. No Seager, Bellinger, Buehler, or even Urias quality players there at the moment. And you can't expect a Chris Taylor (2017) or Max Muncy (2018) to show up every year to bail you out when you have holes in your team.

    This front office also hasn't been particularly good with either medium/big free agent signings or midseason pickups. They've oddly succeeded with their seemingly inconsequential moves -- the aforementioned Taylor and Muncy pickups, the Kemp "salary dump" trade which ended up saving their first half of 2018, and even David Freese at the August deadline. Some of that had to be luck, but I'll give them credit for those pickups. Justin Turner was another inconsequential pickup in 2014 (the Mets released him and put out the word that he doesn't hustle and is bad in the clubhouse), but that was by the previous regime.

    I will also give them credit for not making completely idiotic moves which fuck the team for many years -- such as Albert Pujols or Ryan Howard. They've done some dumb things, but at least those dumb things run out after a few years.

    The Dodgers front office has been better at not making moves than making moves, strangely enough.

    Dave Roberts is about to get a long term contract. Not kidding. He's been a good puppet for the front office, and takes all the blame when they direct him to do ill-advised things. He's about to get rewarded.

    Dodgers will win the NL West again in 2019.
    LOL wanna bet on that?

    Anything up to 5k I want +130 odds though.

    Thats a bargain let me no.

  8. #8
    Platinum mulva's Avatar
    Reputation
    345
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,920
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Kershaw revealed last night that he has 3 days to opt out of his contract.

    “It was confirmed to me. So I think I have three days in the opt-out window.

    “Yeah, I think I said 10 [days] a month or so ago, but found out it’s three. And so it will be an eventful three days for me, and I’ll try to figure it out.
    “I’ll try to figure it out.” Not exactly bleeding Dodger Blue.

    Don’t worry Druff. No team is mortgaging their future for Kershaw. Except the Dodgers.

    Wouldn’t it be hilarious if the Dodgers extended his deal? This is somewhat likely.
    this is going to be interesting.

    definitely not out of the question of a deal extension from LA, regardless of kershaw's decline.

    i'm sure the yanks and a couple of others would give him 3yr 100 mil.......so the dodgers are going to have to tack on 1 or 2 years @ 20 or 30mil per imo.

    regardless of it's smart or not, he's getting more money. unless he thinks he sucks and doesn't want to give up 60m for the next 2 and declines to opt out
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.



  9. #9
    wracked with baseball withdrawal


    Mar 28, 2019 is a long way off...what to do?


    no wonder most affairs start in October, and more births are in September than any other month




    (poetic enough for you all?)
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 10-29-2018 at 08:10 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

  10. #10
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4649
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,544
    Blog Entries
    2
    Honestly I think it's time to let Kershaw go if he opts out.

    Velocity is down.

    Could never pitch consistently well in the postseason, and it's just going to get worse from here.

    Injury problems over the past few years.

    Will be 31 in 2019.

    No thanks.

    I will always respect Kershaw's accomplishments with the Dodgers, and he is first-ballot HOF material, but he is definitely on the decline.

    Time for the Walker Buehler era to begin.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    I will always respect Kershaw's accomplishments with the Dodgers, and he is first-ballot HOF material, but he is definitely on the decline.
    There is a reason you don’t get to vote.

    Justin Verlander (200 wins) and Clayton Kershaw (150) reached milestones. Are they already Hall of Famers?

    USA Today | August 20, 2018

    Take note of the date buddy. The REALITY only got worse.

    Kershaw is just shy of an "average" Hall of Fame pitcher, a mark he should reach with a couple more seasons of solid production.
    I’ll go reluctantly with the above opinion. Let’s see what he does. He should exorcise the Dodger demons and start fresh but I’m not his agent.

    Read something about Koufax and get back to me. Don’t diminish the HOF

  12. #12
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4649
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,544
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    There is a reason you don’t get to vote.

    Justin Verlander (200 wins) and Clayton Kershaw (150) reached milestones. Are they already Hall of Famers?

    USA Today | August 20, 2018

    Take note of the date buddy. The REALITY only got worse.

    Kershaw is just shy of an "average" Hall of Fame pitcher, a mark he should reach with a couple more seasons of solid production.
    I’ll go reluctantly with the above opinion. Let’s see what he does. He should exorcise the Dodger demons and start fresh but I’m not his agent.

    Read something about Koufax and get back to me. Don’t diminish the HOF
    The main benchmark for HOF is 10 year dominance.

    Was the player excellent for 10 years? If so, vote yes.

    Kershaw checks that box. He was the best regular season pitcher in baseball overall from 2009-2018.

    Even if he falls off a cliff, he still makes it.

    There are pitchers in the HOF who were just good and not great over a long career. If they made it, Kershaw is a lock.

  13. #13
    Dodgers give Clayton Kershaw two extra days to ponder $70 million decision

    I am enjoying this story. Part of me wants the drama of him headed to the Astros or Rangers (Yankees).

    I don’t want the Dodgers to get better. So if I’m honest with myself, I like things just the way they are.

    Max Pain & Max Muncy.

  14. #14
    Diamond big dick's Avatar
    Reputation
    1145
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    fuck krypt
    Posts
    7,683
    oh yeah same here. I hope he stays with them too then there is no chance of them winning a ws

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    oh yeah same here. I hope he stays with them too then there is no chance of them winning a ws
    What is the % chance the Cubs sign him?

  16. #16
    Diamond big dick's Avatar
    Reputation
    1145
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    fuck krypt
    Posts
    7,683
    I don't think so very high their payroll is sky high already. At least we have Yu Darvish And Tyler Chatwood
    Last edited by big dick; 10-31-2018 at 08:56 PM.

  17. #17
    Cubs are +800 to land Kershaw

    The one thing Kershaw doesn’t have is a ring. He will never get one in LA.

    Texas & Houston are both +375

    Can you imagine Kershaw with that staff in Houston? He doesn’t have to be the man anymore.

    It’s like ARod going to Yankees and collecting the ring that made him a champion finally. ARod was vindicated and didn’t have to carry the team.

    It would like Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page all in the Yardbirds.

    Or it could turn into the 2003:2004 Lakers. The first NBA superteam ...... that flopped. Another great LA story

  18. #18
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4649
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,544
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Cubs are +800 to land Kershaw

    The one thing Kershaw doesn’t have is a ring. He will never get one in LA.

    Texas & Houston are both +375

    Can you imagine Kershaw with that staff in Houston? He doesn’t have to be the man anymore.

    It’s like ARod going to Yankees and collecting the ring that made him a champion finally. ARod was vindicated and didn’t have to carry the team.

    It would like Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page all in the Yardbirds.

    Or it could turn into the 2003:2004 Lakers. The first NBA superteam ...... that flopped. Another great LA story
    To be fair, the 03-04 Lakers weren't superteam.

    Payton was almost 36 and already washed up.

    Karl Malone was almost 41 and couldn't even find a job the following year to chase the scoring record.

    They did have prime Kobe and semi-prime Shaq, but between injuries and facing a Detroit team which they just didn't match up well with, it wasn't meant to be.

    I think the Dodgers give Kershaw another $40m to stay an additional 2 years (making the new contract 4 years/$110m). If he wants more than that, they probably tell him sayonara.

    He has a ton of IP already (11 seasons), and his back problems seem to be getting worse, so he will be an old 31 next year.

  19. #19
    Now you are just being silly. That’s my job

    People across the country were pretty jacked. I remember the assembly clearly. Malone was big news - Kershaw in a way


    An Oral History of the 2003-04 Los Angeles Lakers, the 1st Super Team
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...-team.amp.html

    I know you remember that period. They may not have been good but that’s what happened.

    The whole rape deal didn’t help
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-31-2018 at 09:21 PM.

  20. #20
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4649
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,544
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Now you are just being silly. That’s my job

    People across the country were pretty jacked. I remember the assembly clearly. Malone was big news - Kershaw in a way


    An Oral History of the 2003-04 Los Angeles Lakers, the 1st Super Team
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...-team.amp.html

    I know you remember that period. They may not have been good but that’s what happened.

    The whole rape deal didn’t help
    I was a bigger Lakers fan in the early 2000s than I am now. I got somewhat disenchanted with baseball and the steroids, and I also was frustrated with the FOX ownership of the Dodgers, with the horrible Piazza trade and various other blunders. At the same time, the Lakers ascended to greatness during their Shaq/Kobe era, and I started to pay more attention to them and less to the Dodgers, instead of the other way around. This was despite a lifelong intense interest in the Dodgers prior to that.

    I picked up a renewed interest in the Dodgers in the middle of 2008 right after they got Manny Ramirez and suddenly started playing better.

    Anyway, Malone was weeks away from 41 when the 03-04 season ended. There was a lot of fanfare about him joining the team, but it was mostly based upon what he once was. He wasn't very effective with the Lakers, and I didn't expect him to be.

    Payton was in his mid-30s and seemed more viable, but I was already seeing his decline, and didn't have high hopes for him, either. Indeed, he was also mostly a flop.

    A superteam would have been this same bunch in the 1999-2000 season. By 2003-04, only Shaq and Kobe were actual stars at that point.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Why you should be scared of the Dodgers in 2019 and beyond
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 07-29-2019, 05:55 PM
  2. Coming in 2019: PokerFraudAlert 2.0!!!!!!111
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-27-2019, 06:40 PM
  3. WSOP 2019 schedule announced
    By Dan Druff in forum 2019 World Series of Poker
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-25-2019, 05:35 PM
  4. yankees offseason and 2019
    By mulva in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-13-2018, 06:22 PM
  5. Vegas NYE 2019
    By Drawingdead in forum Casinos & Las Vegas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2018, 03:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •