Thread: Penny Marshall aka Laverne from Laverne and Shirley is DD

Load Metric

Penny Marshall aka Laverne from Laverne and Shirley is DD

Kinda surprised nobody posted this to the forum yet.. She was 75.. Best known for her spin as Laverne on the Laverne and Shirley Spinoff from Happy Days in the 70s and early 80s.. She had the Diabeetus and was 75.. She spent all her time the last couple decades plus behind the camera as a producer and director as her looks went to shit as well as her health.. RIP.. One less liberal troll in Hollyweird in my estimation.. So in closing.

Comments

big dick: .

Load Metric
    Makes me sad. RIP -(

Load Metric
    Shlemil Shlemazil , huge sports fan too

Gold
    Load Metric
    She always seemed like a good shit. Just a read

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In the meantime, Shirley is going around appearing in anything that'll have her.

She was even willing to appear on a small podcast of my friend's while promoting her book.

Load Metric
    I'm a bit jealous when I heard of her passing.

If I recall correctly she has another world level sports memorabilia collection and ya all that green.

Load Metric
    I guess I never really got that whole Happy Days franchise. She directed a couple of ok movies: Big and A League of Their Own, if you can buy Madonna playing baseball.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post
    I guess I never really got that whole Happy Days franchise. She directed a couple of ok movies: Big and A League of Their Own, if you can buy Madonna playing baseball.
    Had "A League of Their Own" been made today, Marla Hooch would have been a lesbian.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Let's all toast with a round of Shotz to Penny...

...It's on me.

Load Metric
    League of Their Own and Big were obv great, but Awakenings is still an early, 'important' favorite of mine.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    League of Their Own and Big were obv great, but Awakenings is still an early, 'important' favorite of mine.

And here i am after all this time completely oblivious to the fact that she directed Awakenings, one of my favorite movies. And im even stunned about the rest including but not limited to Big and ALOTO.

After all these years, somehow I completely forgot about the fact that she was director. How time flies.

I know this thread is about Penny, but if you don't mind, I'd like to take a moment to talk about her deceased brother, Garry.

Garry, who passed away 2 1/2 years ago, was quite prolific in his usage of the casting couch.

While I will not name names at this time, it is safe to assume that many of the leading ladies in Garry's films earned the roles by sleeping with him.

However, to Garry's credit, I must clarify that he was no Harvey Weinstein.

Garry Marshall was never aggressive nor demanding when it came to sexual favors for roles. He was very subtle about it, and only proceeded to take it that direction if he felt the actress was receptive.

In addition, Garry was unusual in that he felt these casting couch antics established a permanent friendship. He kept in touch with them and remained friendly with them for decades after their sexual activities had ceased.

In the case of one woman I knew directly, she hadn't had sex with Garry since the 1980s, but Garry did favors for her daughter in the 2010s. Garry did not attempt to get any sexual favors from the daughter. He was doing the favor simply because he had established the friendship with the mother 30 years prior, which sprung from the casting couch.

For this reason, while Garry was a dirty old man who was still engaging in casting couch antics to his final days, he was well regarded in Hollywood, and none of the women felt victimized.

This, along with the fact that Garry passed away over a year before the #MeToo movement started, was the reason you never heard about any of Garry's sexual improprieties.

What of Garry's wife? He was married from 1963 until his 2016 death. His wife, who was near Garry's age, was fully aware that Garry was fucking around on her, but she accepted it. She felt that this was simply part of what came with being married to a famous producer/director. As long as Garry treated her well aside from the cheating (which, by all accounts, he did), she was okay with his extracurricular sexual activities.

Garry Marshall and Harvey Weinstein basically represent opposite ends of the casting couch spectrum. Garry was gentle, subtle, and no-pressure, while Harvey was blatant, aggressive, and threatening. Most men utilizing casting couches are somewhere in the middle. They tended not to be as easygoing as Garry, but not as aggressive/threatening as Harvey.

Penny was also aware of Garry's antics, and didn't approve, but generally stayed out of it. They were close throughout their lives.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    At least give a TL, DR Druff

Thread Information