Thread: Gun Laws in Canada to become stricter

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Remove the ghettos from those rates ... lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    "Research shows that countries with fewer guns have lower homicide rates. Even US states with fewer guns have fewer homicides; in a landmark 2002 study, analysis of data from 1988 to 1997 showed that states with “high” gun ownership had three times the rate of homicide than states with few guns. A decade later, a 2013 study found that every percentage point increase in gun ownership corresponded to a 0.9% higher risk of gun homicide. Countries and states that legally limit overall gun ownership simply have fewer gun deaths.

The United States stands out among countries for the frequency with which its mass shootings occur. But last year, after the US witnessed its most fatal mass shooting in history at Las Vegas, the Trump administration made it easier—not harder—for people with mental illness to buy guns. (That decision rolled back Obama-era restrictions that had been passed in the wake of Sandy Hook.)
    Back in 1996, it took only 12 days after a mass shooting for Australia to pass the National Firearms Agreement, which banned automatic and semi-automatic weapon for “personal defense.” The country created a temporary buyback program for guns that had become illegal. Stricter background checks were enforced. As Zeif pointed out yesterday, there have been no school shootings in Australia since."

I understand there are a lot of words here but do your best.
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

https://qz.com/1212809/compare-us-ma...and-australia/

Ive only looked at your misguided post (while drunk i might add) for approximately 10 seconds to notice you have posted a graph of firearm death rates...while you are trying to argue fireaarm homicide rates in the rest of your post.

And you, just like the UK, conveniently leave out suicide rates, which are a large part of those firearm death rates. And lets not forget about gang gun deaths....

Furthermore, you're trying to compare mass shooting rates, which no matter where you live, are are a ridiculously low percentage of the whole actual homicide rates in the given area.

When im sober and have less to do, ill come back to the rest of your post and discuss for example how in the UK you cant defend yourself worth a shit...but hey, lets splash some acid!
    bump....been a few, still not sober

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

Ive only looked at your misguided post (while drunk i might add) for approximately 10 seconds to notice you have posted a graph of firearm death rates...while you are trying to argue fireaarm homicide rates in the rest of your post.

And you, just like the UK, conveniently leave out suicide rates, which are a large part of those firearm death rates. And lets not forget about gang gun deaths....

Furthermore, you're trying to compare mass shooting rates, which no matter where you live, are are a ridiculously low percentage of the whole actual homicide rates in the given area.

When im sober and have less to do, ill come back to the rest of your post and discuss for example how in the UK you cant defend yourself worth a shit...but hey, lets splash some acid!
    bump....been a few, still not sober
    Been tempted to fall off wagon lately helping neighbor 4x a day while she dies of nasty cancer. I wont do it, hopefully after this long. Johnny called me and I told him I need some entertainment so he said he would take me to a tranny bar where his neighbor is a performer. Laughs would be good.

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: bless you
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    this truly is beautiful in it's own weird way

Load Metric
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...121-story.html

re: mass shootings, the above article from the Chicago Tribune has difference stats...it claims the USA has a lower rate of mass shooting than most countries

Comments

limitles: cant respond obv but you're an idiot
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Name:  48405858_10107073099434048_3459416137668755456_n.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  62.6 KB
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

With a population of over 300 million people, the United States must kill a lot more than only 38,658 people last year from handguns.

How come only 611 people in Canada were killed by handguns last year?

Come on Canada, your not even trying.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Why do Canadians talk about how Canada is great and the USA sucks...yet when the rubber hits the road more Canadians move to the US than vice-versa, even though they are 10x smaller.

You would think it would be the other way around.

Comments

simply1: Weather. That’s it.

Thread Information