Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you have $150k liquid, you can get an easy $1000 for free (attention bottomset)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

If you have $150k liquid, you can get an easy $1000 for free (attention bottomset)

Pretty good offer from Capital One. It's risk free, and you earn $1000 for doing very little. But you need $150,000 cash liquid to start:

First, if you have an existing Capital One savings account, you can't take advantage of this. If you only have credit cards with them (or if you have nothing with them), read on...

1) Sign up for the Capital One 360 Money Market account: http://capitalone.com/value2018 (This isn't an affiliate link, so I won't make any money from it.)

2) If you have an existing Capital One login, then sign in. Otherwise, select the option that you don't, and create one.

3) Fill out the appropriate personal info

4) When it comes time, enter VALUE2018 as your promo code

5) Deposit $150,000 of new money into the account within 10 days.

6) Leave the $150,000 there for a minimum of 10 days after that, and then withdraw most of it if you want, but make sure to keep the account open with at least something.

7) 60 days later, you should receive $1000 cash placed in the account. At that point, you can pull the remaining money out and close it.

Leaving the money there for the 60 days isn't even terrible, as it's liquid and has no fees, and you still get 2.00% APY interest while it's there.

Offer expires 12/31/18.

If bottomset does this, the $1000 he earns can be used for a ticket back to Perth.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also if you don't have $150k, don't fret.

You can get $200 doing the exact same thing, depositing $10,000 instead of $150k.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

You can get $200 doing the exact same thing, depositing $10,000 instead of $150k.
    Why is this BHC so desparate to get deposits before year-end? Are they facing a risk capital crisis? Or is management gaming a stupidly designed incentive compensation package to grow deposits at the expense of company profits?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Why is this BHC so desparate to get deposits before year-end? Are they facing a risk capital crisis? Or is management gaming a stupidly designed incentive compensation package to grow deposits at the expense of company profits?

Can you open multiple accounts?

Load Metric
    any type of skeeze or scam and one step shows his face.
    Always trying to get something for nothing.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    any type of skeeze or scam and one step shows his face.
    Always trying to get something for nothing.
    Hey baby,

U think u could lend me 91k so I can take advantage of this offer..

Platinum
    Load Metric

if I had to guess this is "legit" as far as all that shit you mentioned...

this is a brilliant marketing campaign on their part...instead of just splashing Jennifer garner all over your TV they are spending peanuts on a targeted segment (high net worth individuals) and gathering a list of people with a shitton of liquid net worth that they can spam the shit out of for all eternity...$1000/customer to get that kinda info? yes please...just think about what kinda money you can make off of the lifetime of a customer like that...obviously they're not gonna come close to 100% conversion, but I mean even if they got like 20-25% they'll probably make out like bandits...finally marketing done right...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

this is a brilliant marketing campaign on their part...instead of just splashing Jennifer garner all over your TV they are spending peanuts on a targeted segment (high net worth individuals) and gathering a list of people with a shitton of liquid net worth that they can spam the shit out of for all eternity...$1000/customer to get that kinda info? yes please...just think about what kinda money you can make off of the lifetime of a customer like that...obviously they're not gonna come close to 100% conversion, but I mean even if they got like 20-25% they'll probably make out like bandits...finally marketing done right...

You're a smart man Charlie Brown.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post

You're a smart man Charlie Brown.
    well DTHP, when you work for a shitty company like the evil empire and see how they constantly fuck even the most minor shit up and you pay attention just a little you just look at their thinking/what they did and do the complete opposite...these jerkoffs are gonna make me a ton of money in the future...

and thank you...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Only one bonus per social security number.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    okay how much do you get if you have 1,000 dollars liquid

Comments

splitthis: Twenny

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Only one bonus per social security number.

As if 1step has $15k liquid, much less $150k.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Told someone else about this (not a poker player). They actually do have $150k liquid, but for some reason they only got a mailer about the 2.00% APY aspect of the account, with no mention of the bonus or promo code.

Their mailer had the same date as mine.

Interesting.

It does appear open to everyone, provided you go to the right URL and use the promo code.

Load Metric
    GBCP is sharp. Didn’t think of this immediately.

Data is the new real estate.

Trading your data for $1000 is a better transaction than the cat videos Druff traded his data for.

I have Capital One and they are forever calling my phone hustling me for one thing or another. I’m this close to telling them to fuck off.

Don’t do it

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Capital One already has all my info. It's a freeroll.

Comments

simpdog: Lol

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    GBCP is sharp. Didn’t think of this immediately.

Data is the new real estate.

Trading your data for $1000 is a better transaction than the cat videos Druff traded his data for.

I have Capital One and they are forever calling my phone hustling me for one thing or another. I’m this close to telling them to fuck off.

Don’t do it
    I try to be every now and again san...I will say this, I came up with something similar for the evil empire when I was working there...don't want to go into detail about it just in case somebody from there might stumble upon this...but they thought the idea was shit, which made me know that I had a great idea...I needed something stupid like a 10% or so conversion rate for the thing to just print fucking money...I mean I don't know shit about marketing, but I would think any sorta targeted marketing campaign should be able to stumble into a 10% conversion rate if it's done even half-assedly well...

Load Metric
    You best get Ben's mom and a few other family members on board the way you been picking your totals in the NBA this year you are gonna need the extra cash.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    FUCK CAPITAL ONE

FUCK THEM IN THEIR FUCKING ASS

That is all.

Load Metric
    I mean I don't know shit about marketing, but I would think any sorta targeted marketing campaign should be able to stumble into a 10% conversion rate if it's done even half-assedly well...
    Sometimes a 1% success rate is a gigantic success. Sometimes 30% is a massive failure. All depends on how well you target, but 10% is never something you just stumble on to, especially in a financial industry.

Comments

duped_samaritan: well put

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I mean I don't know shit about marketing, but I would think any sorta targeted marketing campaign should be able to stumble into a 10% conversion rate if it's done even half-assedly well...
    Sometimes a 1% success rate is a gigantic success. Sometimes 30% is a massive failure. All depends on how well you target, but 10% is never something you just stumble on to, especially in a financial industry.
    yeah it all depends on how much it costs to do the acquisitions relative to their lifetime value discounted and all that shit...

my 10% comment was more directed towards what I was thinking about doing at the evil empire...when I was doing the scenario analysis and all that, we'd still have been making great money for what we invested trying to acquire the customers at that number...as a finance/poker guy I was just figuring that seemed pretty damn reasonable if we did our targeting correctly...

Thread Information