Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you have $150k liquid, you can get an easy $1000 for free (attention bottomset)

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Only one bonus per social security number.

As if 1step has $15k liquid, much less $150k.

I can liquid all over your face if you want, sweetie.

Comments

splitthis: Yech

Load Metric
    Someone who can deposit 150k cash is someone worth paying to have around

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    any hidden fees?

do you have to have direct deposit to keep account open?
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    any hidden fees?

No fees.

No direct deposit needed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Someone who can deposit 150k cash is someone worth paying to have around

What type of gift can I be expecting from PFA ?

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Liquid As A Taco Bell Shit Rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    Hey baby,

U think u could lend me 91k so I can take advantage of this offer..

any hidden fees?

You guys aren't fooling anyone.

Here's my plan:
    Name:  09d7148a03174d3f8757800a85dae093.png
Views: 308
Size:  27.8 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    any hidden fees?

You guys aren't fooling anyone.

Here's my plan:
    Name:  09d7148a03174d3f8757800a85dae093.png
Views: 308
Size:  27.8 KB
    Bad calculator. It didn't include the $1000 bonus!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Why is this BHC so desparate to get deposits before year-end? Are they facing a risk capital crisis? Or is management gaming a stupidly designed incentive compensation package to grow deposits at the expense of company profits?
    if I had to guess this is "legit" as far as all that shit you mentioned...

this is a brilliant marketing campaign on their part...instead of just splashing Jennifer garner all over your TV they are spending peanuts on a targeted segment (high net worth individuals) and gathering a list of people with a shitton of liquid net worth that they can spam the shit out of for all eternity...$1000/customer to get that kinda info? yes please...just think about what kinda money you can make off of the lifetime of a customer like that...obviously they're not gonna come close to 100% conversion, but I mean even if they got like 20-25% they'll probably make out like bandits...finally marketing done right...

When banks run these temporary promotions, it causes them to experience two problems: (1) a higher-than-normal cost of funds, (2) and greater uncertainty about future deposit level stability when the deal-seekers pull their deposits for the next promotion offered by some other institution. Heck! Druff even mentions in the OP that the smart move would be pull the funds after earning the combined higher-than-market interest rate plus deposit bonus!

It only makes economic sense for bank managment to run such a promotion if the bank risks having to shrink its loan portfolio for failing to meet regulation-driven risk capital levels for year-end reporting. If I were a large shareholder in this bank, I’d be on the horn to top management to find out what the fuck is going.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Pretty good offer from Capital One. It's risk free, and you earn $1000 for doing very little. But you need $150,000 cash liquid to start:

First, if you have an existing Capital One savings account, you can't take advantage of this. If you only have credit cards with them (or if you have nothing with them), read on...

1) Sign up for the Capital One 360 Money Market account: http://capitalone.com/value2018 (This isn't an affiliate link, so I won't make any money from it.)

2) If you have an existing Capital One login, then sign in. Otherwise, select the option that you don't, and create one.

3) Fill out the appropriate personal info

4) When it comes time, enter VALUE2018 as your promo code

5) Deposit $150,000 of new money into the account within 10 days.

6) Leave the $150,000 there for a minimum of 10 days after that, and then withdraw most of it if you want, but make sure to keep the account open with at least something.

7) 60 days later, you should receive $1000 cash placed in the account. At that point, you can pull the remaining money out and close it.

Leaving the money there for the 60 days isn't even terrible, as it's liquid and has no fees, and you still get 2.00% APY interest while it's there.

Offer expires 12/31/18.

If bottomset does this, the $1000 he earns can be used for a ticket back to Perth.
    I just opened a chase saphire checking account. Similar type deal but only requires $75K, and you get either 60K points(worth more than $1K) or $750.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post
    Pretty good offer from Capital One. It's risk free, and you earn $1000 for doing very little. But you need $150,000 cash liquid to start:

First, if you have an existing Capital One savings account, you can't take advantage of this. If you only have credit cards with them (or if you have nothing with them), read on...

1) Sign up for the Capital One 360 Money Market account: http://capitalone.com/value2018 (This isn't an affiliate link, so I won't make any money from it.)

2) If you have an existing Capital One login, then sign in. Otherwise, select the option that you don't, and create one.

6) Leave the $150,000 there for a minimum of 10 days after that, and then withdraw most of it if you want, but make sure to keep the account open with at least something.

7) 60 days later, you should receive $1000 cash placed in the account. At that point, you can pull the remaining money out and close it.

Leaving the money there for the 60 days isn't even terrible, as it's liquid and has no fees, and you still get 2.00% APY interest while it's there.

Offer expires 12/31/18.

If bottomset does this, the $1000 he earns can be used for a ticket back to Perth.
    I just opened a chase saphire checking account. Similar type deal but only requires $75K, and you get either 60K points(worth more than $1K) or $750.
    I'll look into that one, too. Thanks.

Load Metric

if I had to guess this is "legit" as far as all that shit you mentioned...

this is a brilliant marketing campaign on their part...instead of just splashing Jennifer garner all over your TV they are spending peanuts on a targeted segment (high net worth individuals) and gathering a list of people with a shitton of liquid net worth that they can spam the shit out of for all eternity...$1000/customer to get that kinda info? yes please...just think about what kinda money you can make off of the lifetime of a customer like that...obviously they're not gonna come close to 100% conversion, but I mean even if they got like 20-25% they'll probably make out like bandits...finally marketing done right...

When banks run these temporary promotions, it causes them to experience two problems: (1) a higher-than-normal cost of funds, (2) and greater uncertainty about future deposit level stability when the deal-seekers pull their deposits for the next promotion offered by some other institution. Heck! Druff even mentions in the OP that the smart move would be pull the funds after earning the combined higher-than-market interest rate plus deposit bonus!

It only makes economic sense for bank managment to run such a promotion if the bank risks having to shrink its loan portfolio for failing to meet regulation-driven risk capital levels for year-end reporting. If I were a large shareholder in this bank, I’d be on the horn to top management to find out what the fuck is going.
    You're a fucking idiot. Like literally a fucking idiot. This is not the only reason to do this and the least likely avenue to solve the problem you mention. There are many reasons why to do this, the simplest and most likely answer is cross selling. Your bullshit "It only makes sense to do this" is the type of shit you find on google link #4 and not based on reality. You REALLY think that if they have to go down this path that people would have not known quarters ago that they are having issues with balancesheet issues?

Also, before you counter the cross selling response, I give you the chase reserve card. Chase has gotten smoked sooo hard on this card when looking at the top line but are killing it.

Comments

Sheesfaced: 1000% this.

Tellafriend: Mumbles is AIDS
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post

You're a fucking idiot. Like literally a fucking idiot. This is not the only reason to do this and the least likely avenue to solve the problem you mention. There are many reasons why to do this, the simplest and most likely answer is cross selling. Your bullshit "It only makes sense to do this" is the type of shit you find on google link #4 and not based on reality. You REALLY think that if they have to go down this path that people would have not known quarters ago that they are having issues with balancesheet issues?

Also, before you counter the cross selling response, I give you the chase reserve card. Chase has gotten smoked sooo hard on this card when looking at the top line but are killing it.
    welcome back champ, where ya been never good when a moron like you hits the road for so long

Platinum
    Load Metric
    mumbles, think about this...if they're so hard up for liquidity/funds or whatever to meet regulatory requirements why the hell would they offer a promo in which somebody could withdrawal 99% of their $150,000 within 60 days? so great they meet their liquidity requirements for their next reporting period...then what happens in 90 days when they have to file a quarterly report? they then have to find more individuals who will give them $150,000 so that they can meet their financial requirements...later, rinse, repeat...how many people do you think they can find with $150,000 in cash just lying around so that they can make sure their regulatory numbers are met every quarter?

handicapme is right...you think if they had these kinda funding issues, that people on the street wouldn't have known about it months before they even had those problems...wall street is a trillion dollar industry, if somebody could make money off of capital one having liquidity issues they would have been shorting that fucker down to $0...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just credit card whore a few times imo.

I've had this card for over 5 years now and the one before it until they switched to this but I never got all of these amazing perks when I signed up.

https://slickdeals.net/f/11403699-ch...ed-24295-33171

Chase offers the Chase Ink Business Cash Card with $500 Bonus Cash Back after making $3,000 in purchases during the first 3 months from account opening. Thanks Cappy123

Card Features:

Earn $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
    Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year
    Earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year
    Earn 1% cash back on all other card purchases with no limit to the amount you can earn
    0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers
    Employee cards at no additional cost
    No Annual Fee
    No you don't have to own a business to get this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Offer expires 12/31/18.

I just looked into this, and it has some problems.

Here is a good writeup on it: https://thepointsguy.com/news/faqs-c...phire-banking/

The problems I see:

- You need to get a Chase Sapphire credit card first, and then get invited (it's not like this one I posted where anyone can sign up)

- You do not earn interest during the time the money is there

- The $75k has to be there for 90 days

- The account has to be open another 3 months after those 90 days, and you will be charged $25 for every month the balance isn't averaging $75k

So let's say I can earn 2% interest on the 75k (I can do a little better, but let's just stick to 2%).

In 6 months, that's $750.

If I were to put this money into the Chase Sapphire account, with no interest, and leave it for 6 months, I would earn 60k points (supposedly worth $1000-$1200, but not as good as cash obv), but then lose $750 from the interest.

I could pull it after 3 months, lose only $375 in interest, and then eat the three $25 fees for another $75, but that's still not clearing enough profit on the 60k points to be worth the hassle.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Bronze
    Load Metric

Here is a good writeup on it: https://thepointsguy.com/news/faqs-c...phire-banking/

The problems I see:

- You need to get a Chase Sapphire credit card first, and then get invited (it's not like this one I posted where anyone can sign up)

- The account has to be open another 3 months after those 90 days, and you will be charged $25 for every month the balance isn't averaging $75k

So let's say I can earn 2% interest on the 75k (I can do a little better, but let's just stick to 2%).

If I were to put this money into the Chase Sapphire account, with no interest, and leave it for 6 months, I would earn 60k points (supposedly worth $1000-$1200, but not as good as cash obv), but then lose $750 from the interest.

I could pull it after 3 months, lose only $375 in interest, and then eat the three $25 fees for another $75, but that's still not clearing enough profit on the 60k points to be worth the hassle.

You can use it on a CD or money market or any non 401k type investment. And once you get the points you can downgrade and move ur cash away. I have a Chase reserve card so it was a no brainier for me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The problems I see:

You can use it on a CD or money market or any non 401k type investment. And once you get the points you can downgrade and move ur cash away. I have a Chase reserve card so it was a no brainier for me.
    I'm sorry, I don't understand by, "You can use it on a CD or money market or any non 401k type investment."

Are you telling me that I could get the same deal by signing up for one of their other type of accounts, and not necessarily the checking one?

Load Metric
    mumbles, think about this...if they're so hard up for liquidity/funds or whatever to meet regulatory requirements why the hell would they offer a promo in which somebody could withdrawal 99% of their $150,000 within 60 days? so great they meet their liquidity requirements for their next reporting period...then what happens in 90 days when they have to file a quarterly report? they then have to find more individuals who will give them $150,000 so that they can meet their financial requirements...later, rinse, repeat...how many people do you think they can find with $150,000 in cash just lying around so that they can make sure their regulatory numbers are met every quarter?

handicapme is right...you think if they had these kinda funding issues, that people on the street wouldn't have known about it months before they even had those problems...wall street is a trillion dollar industry, if somebody could make money off of capital one having liquidity issues they would have been shorting that fucker down to $0...
    But why have the offer expire at year-end? Why not run it continuously as a loss-leader that is covered by the higher profit cross-selling? If Capital One’s management is acting rationally, there’s a reason the offer expires at year-end that is unrelated to the prospect of generating cross-selling profits on the new customers. Especially when the kind of customers such a limited-time offer will attract are penny-pinching bonus whores who will jump
    at moving their money after the 60 day vesting period. And how likely are they going to be able to cross-sell to those cheapskates?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

But why have the offer expire at year-end? Why not run it continuously as a loss-leader that is covered by the higher profit cross-selling? If Capital One’s management is acting rationally, there’s a reason the offer expires at year-end that is unrelated to the prospect of generating cross-selling profits on the new customers. Especially when the kind of customers such a limited-time offer will attract are penny-pinching bonus whores who will jump
    at moving their money after the 60 day vesting period. And how likely are they going to be able to cross-sell to those cheapskates?
    It probably expires at year's end so people feel a sense of urgency to do it, rather than just throwing the flyer aside and figuring they'll get to it sometime later.

They are obviously aware that this will attract some bonus whores (as do all bank account and credit card offers with bonuses like these), but they also figure that bringing high-value customers who aren't bonus whores is probably worth the hit.

This one is unusual and interesting because it's targeted, yet not restricted. So they're only inviting the customers they really want to have, yet they're accepting anyone who hears about it through word-of-mouth who has the $150k (or alternatively, the $10k).

Usually offers like these are either public or targeted AND restricted.

Load Metric

It probably expires at year's end so people feel a sense of urgency to do it, rather than just throwing the flyer aside and figuring they'll get to it sometime later.

They are obviously aware that this will attract some bonus whores (as do all bank account and credit card offers with bonuses like these), but they also figure that bringing high-value customers who aren't bonus whores is probably worth the hit.

This one is unusual and interesting because it's targeted, yet not restricted. So they're only inviting the customers they really want to have, yet they're accepting anyone who hears about it through word-of-mouth who has the $150k (or alternatively, the $10k).

Usually offers like these are either public or targeted AND restricted.
    Hello??!!! For the vast majority of the general public, it’s the Christmas season. Who has the time to fiddle with a new bank account that would be a *good* prospect to cross-sell overpriced financial products to???

Thread Information