Thread: A trip down memory lane

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric

A trip down memory lane

My primary concern is Detcords site, which he has spent an inordinate amount of time optimizing. I’ve already managed to get several videos off the net but Google won’t do shit about page listings that happen to rank high, even if they are slanderous

There are companies that do ‘reputation management’ but its very expensive. My SEO knowledge is somewhat limited, and don’t have the time or the resources to flood the internet with optimized listings to counter his site. His site is 100% dedicated to using my name as keywords which subsequently have it ranking on the first page and he updates it often enough to keep it relevant.

Google doesn’t just rank pages on keywords, there is a very specific frequency you can use target keywords with, and frequency of updates is also part of the ‘secret sauce’ which ranks pages on major search engines.

I’ve investigated other options to get the site removed completely, but his site was created via proxy and hosted with an ‘anonymous’ server on Godaddy and they are very uncooperative to say the least. I’ve also investigated some options with domestic law enforcement issuing me a block order, but it’s difficult to trace the creator…especially when he lives 12,000 miles away.

Shortly after leaving Las Vegas, I was in touch several times with an agent at the internet crimes division at the FBI, and they strongly suggested that I pursue it with the police department in Oslo, Norway where Detcord lives.

I honestly just haven’t had the time to actually take the initiative to follow up on it, but definitely plan to take that route since he seems determined to keep the site up with frequent updates and seems to have no intention of taking it down.

If he was local here in the U.S. it would probably be a different story, but trying to enforce slander and libel crimes on an international level is tricky.

Name:  JewdonkBag1.gif
Views: 129
Size:  106.6 KB

Comments

RealTalk: HOFNIG
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    :lgwc

Thread Information