Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wilder v Fury

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot 2018-12-02 at 2.09.25 AM.png
Views: 250
Size:  1.29 MB

Esther Lin is a Great Photographer.

Load Metric
    Europeans shouldn’t fight in the US anymore. Robbed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Mexican judge who scored it 115 - 111 to Wilder must have been paid well by Haymon

Agree the British judge should not have even had a draw on his cards, altho it’s somewhat acceptable if he scored a couple of other rounds to Wilder on top of the knockdown rounds.

Load Metric
    Remember when black fighters were good.

Load Metric
    I was at a sports bar with a bunch of screaming Wilder fans who would yell every time he threw a punch. I might watch the fight again but I doubt it.

I didn’t score the fight, but after the final bell I came away thinking the second knockdown might give Wilder a win. There were some close early rounds that could have gone to either fighter. Sounds like most people gave those rounds to Fury.

True to form, fans are screaming robbery after a fight. Lol @ saying it only happens here though. That’s a joke and anyone watching boxing for more than 5 minutes knows it’s a joke. We’ve seen UK refs and judges be every bit as corrupt. Russia, Germany too. Pretty sure a Canadian ref once helped Lucian Bute up off the mat, back to his corner, gave him time to recover, and then let him continue to fight. It’s “only in America” when the fighter you like doesn’t win. Nothing more, nothing less.

Overall, Wilder is still unimpressive and Fury is nothing to write home about either. Rematch should be good but it postpones the Joshua fight even longer.

No fucking idea how Fury got up in round 12.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Second round was a swing round which could have gone either way, give that to Wilder along with the two knockdown rounds it’s 9-3 (115-111) Fury

Should have been fairly easy to score, but it was always going to be a tough ask winning on points as the away fighter with the belt on the line, just as it would the other way round if either of them were to fight Joshua in England.

Load Metric

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: good stuff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    I was at a sports bar with a bunch of screaming Wilder fans who would yell every time he threw a punch. I might watch the fight again but I doubt it.

I didn’t score the fight, but after the final bell I came away thinking the second knockdown might give Wilder a win. There were some close early rounds that could have gone to either fighter. Sounds like most people gave those rounds to Fury.

Overall, Wilder is still unimpressive and Fury is nothing to write home about either. Rematch should be good but it postpones the Joshua fight even longer.

I think everybody here respects your opinion and knowledge of the sport, none so more than me. But I don't care how superior that knowledge is your comments here make you look ridiculous.

It sounds like you were chatting to a woman at the bar with only half an eye on the fight.

And Fury is nothing to write home about? Fuck sake, it was an outstanding performance. The heavyweight division has been starved of talent for god knows how long and you dismiss what he did last night as, meh?

Watch the WHOLE fight again and tell me that wasn't fraud.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post

I think everybody here respects your opinion and knowledge of the sport, none so more than me. But I don't care how superior that knowledge is your comments here make you look ridiculous.

It sounds like you were chatting to a woman at the bar with only half an eye on the fight.

And Fury is nothing to write home about? Fuck sake, it was an outstanding performance. The heavyweight division has been starved of talent for god knows how long and you dismiss what he did last night as, meh?

Watch the WHOLE fight again and tell me that wasn't fraud.
    I started my comments off with "I was at a bar" and that I didn't score the fight. Obviously I wasn't glued to the tv's.

If you think Tyson Fury is some ATG heavyweight boxer, then that makes you look ridiculous. I didn't dismiss what he did as "meh", I'm saying he's not a great fighter. He fought Wilder, who is also not a great fighter. Prime Klitschko would have washed Fury without much trouble. I think we just has vastly different views on what constitutes an "outstanding" performance.

My comments here look ridiculous to YOU (I'm fine with that), because you're pretty clearly a big Fury guy. I'm not. I'm not a big Wilder guy, either. The heavyweight division is overall pretty bad. Being the best of the bad, doesn't make you great.

Load Metric
    To be clear, I'm not saying Fury didn't win the fight. Consensus seems to be that he did. I'm saying that I felt like the judges were going to give it to Wilder based on the knockdowns. Just felt to me like one of those fights where the hometown (US) guy would get the close rounds and the knockdowns would make the difference.

No one should be shocked by Fury out boxing Wilder. Ortiz was out boxing him too, because Wilder isn't a very good technical boxer. He has to get knockouts for the most part. Out boxing Wilder isn't outstanding.

I picked Fury before the fight and I'd pick him in a rematch. But I'll be damned if he's some "special" fighter that's going to be talked about for decades to come.

Thread Information