Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: thoughts on a 65" black friday tv deal?

Load Metric

thoughts on a 65" black friday tv deal?

current tv is showing its years and looking to upgrade but honestly like everything below $2000 seems like its got some absolute horror stories going on.

either the picture quality is Total Garbage or the things reboot randomly or they are bundled with adware that makes it almost impossible to navigate throughout the config menus.

is there a best-in-slot choice out there?

also is there _any_ reason at this point to buy through anyone but amazon prime?

ive been best buy'ing my last 2 black friday tvs (2009 & again in 2012) but amazom is at worst the same price and i know that 30 seconds on the phone with rajnish in prime is all its going to take to return it if it catches retarded.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    current tv is showing its years and looking to upgrade but honestly like everything below $2000 seems like its got some absolute horror stories going on.

either the picture quality is Total Garbage or the things reboot randomly or they are bundled with adware that makes it almost impossible to navigate throughout the config menus.

also is there _any_ reason at this point to buy through anyone but amazon prime?

ive been best buy'ing my last 2 black friday tvs (2009 & again in 2012) but amazom is at worst the same price and i know that 30 seconds on the phone with rajnish in prime is all its going to take to return it if it catches retarded.
    Id go something like this
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-65X.../dp/B07D2MXRB6
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Id go something like this
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-65X.../dp/B07D2MXRB6

this... would be kinda perfect if it was available in the states, thank you regardless.

also quick side note i dont give a fuck about internet connectivity, in fact id prefer it had none, but what can you do.

all my content gets served from a ps4 or my fios box.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Was just thinking the other day about the quality of anything we buy. What seems like the best deal is often a mirage. We are taunted by the cheaper look a likes
    For t.v.s it used to be Sony. I would be surprised if their level of quality has dropped.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Most electronics stuff that makes it past the first year will be good for a while.

I'm not sure why you have to spend 2k on a TV thinking it's going to be that much better then a $400 to $700 one. If quality is nearly the same to the point you can't notice it the TV that costs 2k isn't going to outlast 3 cheaper ones.

In a few years wtf knows what they have for us as far as technology goes so spending 2k on a TV seems silly to me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Most electronics stuff that makes it past the first year will be good for a while.

I'm not sure why you have to spend 2k on a TV thinking it's going to be that much better then a $400 to $700 one. If quality is nearly the same to the point you can't notice it the TV that costs 2k isn't going to outlast 3 cheaper ones.

In a few years wtf knows what they have for us as far as technology goes so spending 2k on a TV seems silly to me.
    i mean, im here to go where the value is. if someone can point out a 60-70" tv in the 1k range that just does black right and doesnt jitter, thats what im buying.

Load Metric
    I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago as a cheap second TV. $500AUD delivered or about $360USD
    Does not have any bells and whistles like internet connectivity but the picture quality is superb. It has a better picture then my main TV that cost $1,500
    Good quality LG panel... I'm now a huge fan of Kogan TV's.
    Only 55" but might suit you, and their website says they service the USA.
    https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-5...ries-8-ju8000/

Comments

sonatine: very interesting, thank you

Load Metric
    tine you burg its tcl 6 series, and once you go roku operating system you cant even with other tvs

Load Metric
    read the reviews if you dont trust me but you can now burg to your hearts content https://www.walmart.com/ip/TCL-65-Cl...ype=14&veh=aff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

no reason to spend anywhere near that

i saw a 55inch tcl w/ roku tv at walmart the other day for under $400

tv's are hella cheap now

Comments

big dick: for shopping at walmert and giving them your business
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 11-20-2018 at 09:14 PM.
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    a tv that forces me to log into roku to use it? magical times.

and 16% of the reviews for the tv gare posted are people fuming about how its defective trash so...

also i have a 60" now and im not feeling going smaller.

again not looking to spend $2000, thats just as much as im willing to spend on something that isnt designed to burn out in early november every 12 months and has an exceptionally good picture quality to it.

Load Metric
    its a 65 and roku starts once you turn it on and it has all ur connections and ur apps so click cable box click game console homebutton back to the main screen its perfect

Load Metric
    don't really care about roku, just illustrating how much prices have fallen for tv's

a 55 inch smart tv would have been a thousand bucks 2-3 years ago
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    its a 65 and roku starts once you turn it on and it has all ur connections and ur apps so click cable box click game console homebutton back to the main screen its perfect

https://www.amazon.com/TCL-65R617-65...ews-filter-bar

this is the bangalore of tv's.

Load Metric
    you are an absolute hamburger enjoy your 9 year old tv life roku is the best

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

no reason to spend anywhere near that

i saw a 55inch tcl w/ roku tv at walmart the other day for under $400

tv's are hella cheap now
    and you can easily buy several pairs of cheap sunglasses while there. finger the lenses, slam em on your head and that $398.88 tv looks fine.
    The reason all workers deserve a living wage is because all workers need to be alive. Not very complex.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, I'm not an Amazon guy, I've bought one thing in total. Why not keep the money in your community?
    There's something I like about walking in buying but more so knowing how one company is fucking up so many others.

Load Metric
    Sonatine, do you wear drugstore eye glasses and get dental work with a coupon?

Especially you, are going to spend thousands of hours in front of this device. This is not where we skimp and save. Get the truck stop sushi and invest the savings in respectable A/V.

Phones and TV’s are worthy of spending but there are deals to be had I imagine.

I thought you dabbled with gaming. LED response times gotta blow. Amirite?

I have two World War I era Pioneer Elite plasmas and a 5-6 year old Panasonic ZT plasma. Sure they draw huge power, run hot as hell and weigh about the same as a small Volkswagen but they have been magnificent.

I never expected the 2008 Pioneer Elites to still be working. Enormous work is being done by power supplies and the rest. I was frank about mean time before failure. Remarkably, I have never had a hiccup. However, I know I must prepare.

I go over friends houses and find their televisions intolerable.

OLED or bust. Sure I’ve looked. Had moments of true personal unhappiness looking at 4K OLED at Best Buy - prices were unjustifiable. Thus, it’s has been a long time since I’ve looked at TV’s. Why torture myself? As well, my tv’s are still trouble free.

It must be getting close to witching hour for LG or Samsung to blow us away with prices. The tech is getting pretty mature I would think.

I could be tempted. Show me something.

I could round up 2 or 3 guys to move one of the old beasts.

Name:  31529BAE-29E2-4C9C-B783-F4D5E1152EED.jpeg
Views: 287
Size:  1.61 MB
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-21-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Load Metric
    um pretty sure it’s Sony or bust

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    um pretty sure it’s Sony or bust
    I checked the Fucked Company website
    http://fuckedcompany.com/

Is Sony still relevant? If that magnificent website was still running I’m pretty sure Sony would be there. Maybe I’m wrong.

Thread Information