Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2018-19 thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    It’s a fascinating shitshow, BCR.

Let’s start with Kyrie Irving and the Celtics implosion. Did you follow “the phone” between Kyrie & LeBron last January?

Alledgedly, “the call” was about seeking advice relative to handling younger players and their inconsistent performance. A patronizing and paternalistic approach that pissed off all of LeBron’s team mates in Cleveland.

The young Celtics were publicly pissed.

Unlike Cleveland, Kyrie’s services as a mentor and coach are not required as the Celtics have Brad Stevens. Who does Irving think he is?

Kyrie has achieved similar results as LeBron here in Boston. The guy has been poison. A night with Kyrie on the bench is to revisit the success the Celtics had last year for an evening.

Of course, apologies and advice was not the purpose of the call. Kyrie was touching base and mapping out his personal options beyond Boston.

Celtics fans will buy Kyrie a bus ticket anywhere he wants to run.

How can you as a follower of the Cavaliers and LeBron have any kind of soft spot for that insufferable fool?

For as insufferable as Lebron’s ego always has been, he just played such beautiful intelligent basketball that he was a joy to watch. Plus he’s a local kid so I’ve been seeing him since he was 15 or whatever. This is going to get ugly.

I’m surprised at the Celtics this year. I thought they’d walk into the finals. I really didn’t think Kyrie’s toxicity could trump Stevens genius. I was telling China at the time of the trade kyrie isn’t that good. He was more weird and streaky than toxic though. tbh, when I look at the East, come playoff time, Stevens still might figure it out. It’s certainly been disappointing thus far, and they’ll be better off once Kyrie moves on given their assets, but I don’t see them being huge dogs to anyone in the east come playoffs. Not with how they performed last year.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    This Lakers team. Losing to the Suns. Unreal. I was kind of pulling for Lebron and the Lakers even as a Cavs fan, but this is amusing. Every move they made this year was just so poor. Seeing Magic just flounder is also kind of amusing. Everything he’s ever touched has turned to gold. Amazing player. Great businessman. I thought I was watching a dead man during that aids press conference and it’s almost 30 years later. He was always horrible when talking basketball on tv, but I didn’t expect this shit show.
    You're right about Magic.

He's like the poker player who absolutely never runs bad (well, except contracting HIV, I guess).

But yeah, this team is very sad. It all started when Lebron was out. It exposed how lousy they really were without him, and then it just hasn't gotten better since he came back.

I haven't looked at who is available next year in free agency. This team is going to miss the playoffs, and Lebron is going to be both furious and humiliated.

Reminds me of the 04-05 season. Shaq left, as did various others. Kobe was stuck playing with a bunch of scrubs. The coach, Rudy Tomjanovich, quit in the middle with "mental and physical exhaustion". That's what you get for hiring a coach whose only fame was being punched out cold on a basketball court.

Kobe was 27, and in the prime of his career. The Lakers finished 34-48. He wanted out, but he ended up staying put.

Lebron is 34, and he's not going anywhere. But this wasn't how he envisioned ending his career.

Load Metric
    the biggest concern if you're a lakers fan is that, after seeing lebron get hurt for the first time ever (he's offically old now) and how bad they're playing, top free agents won't want to come there.

they're the most scrutinized team in the league because of magic and lebron, and it will only get worse with another top free agent. the expectations are championship or bust.

who wants to join that circus? didn't durant already imply this?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

they're the most scrutinized team in the league because of magic and lebron
    With all due respect, Blake. This is absolutely not true.

The story this past week was the Lakers Yes/No playoff prop in Vegas. The sports books were stunned and saying it was the biggest prop they offered in years.

The stupid LA money that crosses the desert kept pouring in.

It was a blind LeBron hope-a-thon and love-fest. 2 days ago your fearless leader and NBA savant Druff was talking about LeBron never missing playoffs and “playoff mode”.

What makes this story so special is that this all comes as a stunning shock to LA and the NBA community.

Scrutiny? please kid

Dumbest sports press and fans. The most 1st level you’ll ever find. Gimme the number of months (weeks?) before Philly fans go after Bryce Harper as a contrast.

LA likes drama though. We all do. Luke Walton. Lavar Ball. Exiting players spilling the inside stories. Gonna be a gift.

Knicks Clippers -10

Clippers front end of a back to back. Look ahead to the LA heads up Monday. Lakers Clippers. The national press will be gathered dressed in black. Big game & big story. Schadenfreude.

Might want to take the points and Knicks. It’s not for me but I’m sayin’.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I have actually watched a lot of Laker games recently, including the entire Bucks game. Lebron actually looks just as good on offense as he always has. If anything he might even be better than his last couple Cleveland years, as he is shooting the 3 better. That being said, he doesn't play defense anymore. He doesn't even try. Case in point, in the Bucks game in crunch time Giannis was covering him, but Caldwell-Pope was covering Giannis. That obviously isn't going to work.

The Lakers dont have a single defensive stopper on the team to play defense for Lebron. Paul George would have been such a perfect fit for him, because he would have covered the other guys best wing/forward and let Lebron rest on defense. I don't think we can understate how much not getting George threw a monkey wrench in the best layed plans for Lebron and the Lakers.

They REALLY need a good 3 and D wing who can cover multiple positions. They get that and one more all star caliber player in free agency (e.g. Irving, Kemba, or ideally Davis), and I think they are back competing next year. But it appears they aren't even in the Kawhi running (who would also be a good fit) so I don't even know who that would be.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Good points re defense. I think he's known that the writing has been on the wall for this year

Load Metric
    lakers are fine were gonna win 19 straight go worry about ur own trashpile teams

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I have actually watched a lot of Laker games recently, including the entire Bucks game. Lebron actually looks just as good on offense as he always has. If anything he might even be better than his last couple Cleveland years, as he is shooting the 3 better. That being said, he doesn't play defense anymore. He doesn't even try. Case in point, in the Bucks game in crunch time Giannis was covering him, but Caldwell-Pope was covering Giannis. That obviously isn't going to work.

The Lakers dont have a single defensive stopper on the team to play defense for Lebron. Paul George would have been such a perfect fit for him, because he would have covered the other guys best wing/forward and let Lebron rest on defense. I don't think we can understate how much not getting George threw a monkey wrench in the best layed plans for Lebron and the Lakers.

They REALLY need a good 3 and D wing who can cover multiple positions. They get that and one more all star caliber player in free agency (e.g. Irving, Kemba, or ideally Davis), and I think they are back competing next year. But it appears they aren't even in the Kawhi running (who would also be a good fit) so I don't even know who that would be.

The funny part is when you look at rosters where he’d fit best going forward, it’s the damn clippers. Not that it matters. He’s with the Lakers locked down, but I always wanted the Cavs to get Patrick Beverly types to pair with him. The Clippers have bench scoring in Williams and Harrell. Nice young players on favorable contracts. Some of the best draft picks to make a deal. If he wanted LA so badly, that was the team. He may have fucked that all up with his demands and liking to play GM, but that would be the ideal team for him. Maybe they land AD and Klay and it all works out, bu those guys have to be wondering if he’s actually old now or just frustrated and nursing groin. He never gives teams the control he gave the Lakers. He gave the Cavs a series of one years and pressured the FO. Now if he can’t close the deal on getting other players, and Magic has lost his magic, it’s going to be a long ass three years of passive aggressive dysfunction.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

The funny part is when you look at rosters where he’d fit best going forward, it’s the damn clippers. Not that it matters. He’s with the Lakers locked down, but I always wanted the Cavs to get Patrick Beverly types to pair with him. The Clippers have bench scoring in Williams and Harrell. Nice young players on favorable contracts. Some of the best draft picks to make a deal. If he wanted LA so badly, that was the team. He may have fucked that all up with his demands and liking to play GM, but that would be the ideal team for him. Maybe they land AD and Klay and it all works out, bu those guys have to be wondering if he’s actually old now or just frustrated and nursing groin. He never gives teams the control he gave the Lakers. He gave the Cavs a series of one years and pressured the FO. Now if he can’t close the deal on getting other players, and Magic has lost his magic, it’s going to be a long ass three years of passive aggressive dysfunction.

The Lakers had Sweet Lou and traded him away for Corey Brewer and a first round pick.

I've always thought Williams was one of the most underrated players in the league. Not flashy, not very good on D, but the guy reliably scores, and he's a huge asset off the bench.

Definitely not a guy you build around, but he's useful to have,.

Load Metric
    Lakers quit tonight. No rotation. No defense. No grit.

It’ll be interesting how they fold this up.

The situation could get real toxic unless they sit some people. Lots of people. Providing plausible explanation for the next 18 losses.

I honestly cannot see why a young superstar would want to play with a 35 year old LeBron next year. It appears none of his team mates want to now.

Except Rondo. Rondo is just crazy though. Love Rondo.

What a dumpster fire.

Jeanie Buss should hire that chick from the Spurs to coach LeBron. That would be tremendous liberal SJW type LA right there.

Tonight was a delight.

Load Metric
    honestly sal youve been very disrespectful to the los angeles lakers sports franchise

Load Metric

The situation could get real toxic unless they sit some people. Lots of people. Providing plausible explanation for the next 18 losses.

I honestly cannot see why a young superstar would want to play with a 35 year old LeBron next year. It appears none of his team mates want to now.

What a dumpster fire.

Jeanie Buss should hire that chick from the Spurs to coach LeBron. That would be tremendous liberal SJW type LA right there.

Tonight was a delight.
    I really think the last two months have been catastrophic for Lebron and the Lakers, and I’m not talking about just this season which is already lost. I have a hard time seeing the Lakers adding a second star, and even if they do, it’s not enough given Davis seems the only one with any interest in the Lakers and it would require gutting the entire team.

The idea the Clippers could supplant the Lakers is unthinkable, and they won’t as far as the size of the fan base, but they have the brighter future in every way imaginable and I don’t see how that changes any time soon. I didn’t realize just how good that Harris trade was for them.

I love SGA and Shamet going forward. They have 40 points coming off the bench every night on relatively cheap deals. The Lakers handed them a promising center. Kahwi is pretty much a lock to the Clippers and they have room for a second max, and even if a Durant or whomever doesn’t go there, they have a boatload of assets after the Philly trade to acquire one. That’s before even getting into the fact their owner is worth 4 x the second richest owner and the the entire Buss family combined is, by NBA owner standards, poor. Add in Magic being a clown gm and Walton about ready to be run out of town in favor of some Lebron lackey and I truly can’t see a way for them to improve in any way that makes them better than a 4 seed in the west during Lebrons last few seasons.

Half the Klutch clients are guys leveraged into being overpaid by Lebron and their bungling of the AD situation in a way that alienated half the team, and I don’t know if I’ve seen a situation go south so quickly. Space Jam 2 is basically going to be Wizards Jordan instead of Bulls Jordan.

Like I said, it’s unthinkable to imagine a world where the Clippers of a few years ago with Sterlings mess and that shit Blake contract and Chris Paul about ready to pull up a Brinks truck were anything but dead in the water, but they are in a truly great place right now, and when you see how quickly all those SoCal kids started donning warriors gear, you start to wonder if the unthinabke could happen if the Lakers remain irrelevant for another decade.

As a Lebron and Laker and Dodger hater, you’re running really well San. You’re looking at 3 more years of dysfunction with the Lakers coupled with further Kershaw decline. This is about as good as it gets.

Load Metric
    kuzma literally throwing lebron into the other team, trying to get him to play defense

this team is a dumpster fire

Comments

Sanlmar: No one would believe this with out the video. Except me

Load Metric
    in all seriousness the lakers need to trade lebron this offseason for young talent and rebuild

Load Metric
    Go Warriors! w0000t
    Does anyone know if Kevin Durant is likely to stay with the Warriors? I hope so!!!!
    Ship it crucial

Platinum
    Load Metric

What a dumpster fire.

Tonight was a delight.
    seeing my boy josh hart chase down lou Williams on a break and block him from behind only to have lou grab the block, look around and lay the ball in was laughable...

no hustle, no care...you don't want us LeBron, fuck you...

and the most laughable thing is they were thinking about bringing in FUCKING CARMELO ANTHONY for their playoff push!!! a fucking iso player who needs the ball in his hand as much (or more) than LeBron...how the fuck was that gonna work out? just LeBron bringing in his boys that are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past their primes and trying to ball with them...

and me too on rondo...playoff/national tv rondo was the greatest character for boston back in the day...
    Last edited by GambleBotsChafedPenis; 03-05-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Load Metric
    The Rondo stories.

I think Sports Illustrated did a great piece on Rondo years & years ago. They interviewed grade school teachers who thought he was cheating on tests. He never seemed to pay attention but aced the tests. Genius?

Odd, brilliant, anti social, misunderstood, fascinating and frustrating. Not your average NBA flat earth/dinosaur idiot

Rondo has a ring - prolly the only other Laker with one

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In the meantime, nobody is really paying attention to the fact that Kawhi Leonard his missed 18 (!!) of 64 games with the Raptors.

Most or all of these 18 have been due to "load management", which is kinda lol given the guy is 27.

I wonder how this will affect him in free agency. This has been somewhat of a bounceback after the disaster which was 2017-18 (he played 9 games total), but I'd be nervous about signing a guy like Kawhi given his weird handling of last season and the fact that they're already keeping him out of 30% of the games in Toronto in what's supposed to be one of his prime years.

Supposedly Toronto is just so tired of choking in the playoffs that they want him super fresh in April.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    In the meantime, nobody is really paying attention to the fact that Kawhi Leonard his missed 18 (!!) of 64 games with the Raptors.

Most or all of these 18 have been due to "load management", which is kinda lol given the guy is 27.

I wonder how this will affect him in free agency. This has been somewhat of a bounceback after the disaster which was 2017-18 (he played 9 games total), but I'd be nervous about signing a guy like Kawhi given his weird handling of last season and the fact that they're already keeping him out of 30% of the games in Toronto in what's supposed to be one of his prime years.

Supposedly Toronto is just so tired of choking in the playoffs that they want him super fresh in April.
    As a Raptors fan I would prefer we baby him so he's fresh for the playoffs.

1. He played only 9 games last year. Some of it I swear was pouting, but the fact that he's played 46 so far this year is just fine with me

2. Raptors want him to stay longer term. He had his heart set on the Lakers, but if the Raptors make the finals then just maybe he will stay

3. Raptors playing well without him. No need to push him in there

I agree with Raptors choking in the playoffs, but it was consistently Lebron. Losing 4-0 is choking, but let's face it Lebron owned the East for many years.

I wouldn't say Houston chokes in the playoffs since they have lost I think 4/5 times to the Warriors. I mean maybe last year they choked in game 6, but other than that they were beat by a very good team.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Entertaining but flawed.

Kobe & Magic were drafted and played their entire careers with Lakers.

LeBron is old and a carpet bagger. His level of self absorption makes Kobe look like a sweetheart. LeBron is an awful team mate. His skill used to overcome that. Not anymore

The article hints at optimism and is loaded with nonsense That’s the flaw

Thread Information