Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 182

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2018-19 thread

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

    yeah the fact that the sixers didn't even get terrence ross in the deal disgusts me.

    mood in philly is that this was a terrible trade.
    yeah that's what I was reading...they'd ship him to get bench depth...they did recoup a couple of picks outta the deal which is something...
    Apparently the offer presented to orlando (per woj) was: 1) fultz for terrence ross; or 2) fultz for simmons and a 1st round pick.

    Kind of surprised orlando chose to give up the 1st round pick, but i guess they're serious about a playoff run this year.

    Doing a little more reading on this and i'm starting to get slightly more optimistic. At least simmons is a very good defender. If he can defend smaller guards, he'll be useful as that is one of the sixers' biggest weakenesses.

    If the pick we got was orlando's instead of a top-20 lottery protected pick from the thunder, i'd be a lot happier about this

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

    yeah that's what I was reading...they'd ship him to get bench depth...they did recoup a couple of picks outta the deal which is something...
    Apparently the offer presented to orlando (per woj) was: 1) fultz for terrence ross; or 2) fultz for simmons and a 1st round pick.

    Kind of surprised orlando chose to give up the 1st round pick, but i guess they're serious about a playoff run this year.


    Doing a little more reading on this and i'm starting to get slightly more optimistic. At least simmons is a very good defender. If he can defend smaller guards, he'll be useful as that is one of the sixers' biggest weakenesses.

    If the pick we got was orlando's instead of a top-20 lottery protected pick from the thunder, i'd be a lot happier about this
    same...from what ive been reading is that the higher ups are so sick of losing that they just want to get in the tournament even if they lose in the first round...think vucievic is a FA this summer too so there's urgency to get something done now...

    if they gave up their first round pick for fultz that'd be complete insanity because if they whiff on the playoffs that a fucking huge loss for a total gamble on fultz...as constituted, like the gamble for ORL...get him outta this fucking market that is ready for blood if he's not a 18-8 (ast) guy...he can get down to florida where nobody really gives a shit and work on getting his head straight which id bet is half the problem...

  3. #103
    HOLY FUCK SIMMONS JUST TOOK A 3!!!!

    glad I was watching it live...wouldn't have believed it...

    actually thought he was gonna eat it at the end of the half instead of launching...

  4. #104
    Sixers look real good after the trades.

    Also can someone explain why the lakers traded zubac for mike muscala cause that's just hilarious

  5. #105
    I mean imagine going after anthony davis and coming up with mike muscala

  6. #106
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4305
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,665
    Blog Entries
    2
    Both the Lakers and Dodgers just had disappointing runs regarding going after high profile players to improve the team.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Sixers look real good after the trades.

    Also can someone explain why the lakers traded zubac for mike muscala cause that's just hilarious
    It probably has to do with financial flexibility going into the offseason. I don't think they have traded or signed any player (except their draft picks) for any other reason but this since they got Lebron.
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  8. #108
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4305
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,665
    Blog Entries
    2
    Pacers are 35-1 to win the East right now on Bovada.

    They're 37-19 and have won 5 in a row.

    Seems like a good bet to me at 35-1.


  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Sixers look real good after the trades.

    Also can someone explain why the lakers traded zubac for mike muscala cause that's just hilarious
    It probably has to do with financial flexibility going into the offseason. I don't think they have traded or signed any player (except their draft picks) for any other reason but this since they got Lebron.
    You would think but both muscala and zubac are free agents. Why would they trade a good young prospect for nothing?



  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

    It probably has to do with financial flexibility going into the offseason. I don't think they have traded or signed any player (except their draft picks) for any other reason but this since they got Lebron.
    You would think but both muscala and zubac are free agents. Why would they trade a good young prospect for nothing?


    Well, in theory Bullock and Muscala are both decent 3 point shooting, and that is something that has worked well for Lebron on previous teams, surrounding him with 3 point shooters to spread the floor that he can dish too. However, I dunno if these particular trades are going to allow this team to be competitive.
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Pacers are 35-1 to win the East right now on Bovada.

    They're 37-19 and have won 5 in a row.

    Seems like a good bet to me at 35-1.

    Because Oladipo died?

  12. #112
    i wouldn't take pacers 100/1 and I love that shit

  13. #113
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4305
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,665
    Blog Entries
    2
    They've looked good recently, but you're probably right.

    It's just tempting to fire at 35:1 on a team playing well right now, in a conference with no dominant team.

    It probably is just a 4 team race at this point.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    They've looked good recently, but you're probably right.

    It's just tempting to fire at 35:1 on a team playing well right now, in a conference with no dominant team.

    It probably is just a 3 team race at this point.
    I just checked, its actually 100/1

    https://www.sportsbook.ag/sbk/sports...conference.sbk

  15. #115
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4305
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,665
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    They've looked good recently, but you're probably right.

    It's just tempting to fire at 35:1 on a team playing well right now, in a conference with no dominant team.

    It probably is just a 3 team race at this point.
    I just checked, its actually 100/1

    https://www.sportsbook.ag/sbk/sports...conference.sbk
    Its 35:1 on Bovada.

    I don't really trust sportsbook because they don't pay out for the most part.

  16. #116
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4305
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,665
    Blog Entries
    2
    Pretty amazing how Portland scored 9 points in the 4th and ended up losing by 1 today against Dallas.

    Wow.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

    I just checked, its actually 100/1

    https://www.sportsbook.ag/sbk/sports...conference.sbk
    Its 35:1 on Bovada.

    I don't really trust sportsbook because they don't pay out for the most part.
    As someone who has used Sportsbook for the last 15+ years let me just say, you are absolutely right not to trust Sportsbook.

    The other thing about the Pacers is in the East 3 of the consensus top 4 just upgraded their rosters fairly significantly at the deadline and the one that didnít arguably has the most talent of anybody in the east despite being a train wreck right now/most of the season thus far.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

    It probably has to do with financial flexibility going into the offseason. I don't think they have traded or signed any player (except their draft picks) for any other reason but this since they got Lebron.
    You would think but both muscala and zubac are free agents. Why would they trade a good young prospect for nothing?


    this just shows LeBron is the worst GM in the world...

    think verm said it, muscala is a better fit for LeBron ball because he's a guy who can make the long range J and play the 4/5...

    zubac definitely had his moments this year...don't know why they didn't get more for him...clippers made out pretty good this trade deadline...now they just need to add the pieces in FA...

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

    You would think but both muscala and zubac are free agents. Why would they trade a good young prospect for nothing?


    this just shows LeBron is the worst GM in the world...

    think verm said it, muscala is a better fit for LeBron ball because he's a guy who can make the long range J and play the 4/5...

    zubac definitely had his moments this year...don't know why they didn't get more for him...clippers made out pretty good this trade deadline...now they just need to add the pieces in FA...
    I think Zubac is able to excel in favorable matchups, but he is very exploitable to being schemed or outskilled off the court. I remember when he played against Embiid in particular it was super obvious how he was just completely out of his depth. IMO He seems like one of those guys that can be very good 40 games in the regular season in the right matchups, but can be a big liability in the playoffs, when you are against better teams game-planning to exploit your weaknesses.
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  20. #120
    Deng being a decent rotation player is an interesting plot twist, given the Lakers couldn't figure out a way to play him for 2+ years. Between this, Russell and Zubac I am starting to question how good Laker talent evaluation is.
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. **** Official 2018 NFL Thread ****
    By jsearles22 in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-22-2018, 03:48 PM
  2. *** OFFICIAL MLB 2018 Thread ***
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 828
    Last Post: 10-31-2018, 03:41 PM
  3. *** OFFICIAL *** World Cup 2018 thread
    By Belly Buster in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 216
    Last Post: 07-30-2018, 07:05 AM
  4. *** OFFICIAL *** Fuck the World Cup 2018 Thread
    By Tyde in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-15-2018, 07:40 AM
  5. *** Official 2018 Tech Bubble Thread ***
    By sonatine in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-05-2018, 11:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •