Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2018-19 thread

Load Metric
    one other factor to consider for this year -- the buyout market is right around the corner. you don't think the sixers jump to the top of the list for those guys? welcome to philly wesley matthews

Load Metric
    to conclude this rant and to keep it a little bit real, i still think brett brown is mediocre at best so until he's replaced, i'm not predicting a championship. also it will take more than a month for these guys to gel

but brown got really exposed against the celtics last year and just looks lost against nick nurse and the raptors. he needs to get to game 7 of the ECF this year at a minimum

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

Simmons did a pod and was critical. He noted that Philly now has no starting caliber player on their team to cover small PGs. Also, he said that Harris doesn't really do that much on offense but take jump shots, and there really aren't that many more shots to go around. He thinks for what they gave up Philly should have tried to get Beverly too.
    lol, in philly, the fans are actually rejoicing when they heard simmons' take cause they take this as proof positive that he (the celtic fan and sixer hater) is actually shook. i don't get the not enough shots thing. their minutes will be staggered. you'll have at least one really legit scoring option on the floor all 48 minutes. how has the not enough shots thing affected golden state?

this is far and away the best starting 5 in the league outside of the warriors -- and should all be together for a while. i hope josh harris is ready to spend

also ben simmons is one of the better defenders in the league and can absolutely defend point guards
    You think Simmons can cover Kyrie and Lowry? I am skeptical, but I guess we will find out soon enough.

Platinum
    Load Metric

lol, in philly, the fans are actually rejoicing when they heard simmons' take cause they take this as proof positive that he (the celtic fan and sixer hater) is actually shook. i don't get the not enough shots thing. their minutes will be staggered. you'll have at least one really legit scoring option on the floor all 48 minutes. how has the not enough shots thing affected golden state?

this is far and away the best starting 5 in the league outside of the warriors -- and should all be together for a while. i hope josh harris is ready to spend

also ben simmons is one of the better defenders in the league and can absolutely defend point guards
    You think Simmons can cover Kyrie and Lowry? I am skeptical, but I guess we will find out soon enough.
    it'll be tough, but gangly is tough to fucking beat...

lowry is one of my boys from nova and he is one of the toughest motherfuckers out there, but think father time is starting to hit him a little...hate to admit it...peak kyle lowry was fun as hell to watch...

Load Metric
    You guys are playing chess

If I just want a quick smile I google “Lakers”

LaVar Ball: Lonzo Is Better Than LeBron James; LA Won't Win Title If PG Traded
    Lavar is out of his cage and instead of obeying LeBron he’s shit talkin’ him.

This really is a Golden Age

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Yeah. Clearly Lavar and lakers management had some sort of agreement where he would be silent, and that is over now and it is popcorn time.

Load Metric

Yeah. Clearly Lavar and lakers management had some sort of agreement where he would be silent, and that is over now and it is popcorn time.
    I am convinced it was LeBron who spoke to Lavar.

Maybe that’s what you meant by Lakers mgmt.

Lavar wouldn’t obey any of the Lakers suits... clowns

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So Dallas has traded away 4/5 starters and their 6th man is out too. My O35 win bet went from looking like a lock win (pre barea injury) to a lock loss.

I wonder if Randolph is going to start. He probably legitimately is their best big man right now.

Load Metric

I am convinced it was LeBron who spoke to Lavar.

Maybe that’s what you meant by Lakers mgmt.

Lavar wouldn’t obey any of the Lakers suits... clowns
    the version I heard/read was that the suits told Lavar right away to stfu, he lol'd. Magic told him to stfu, he lol'd. Magic was all "We're gonna trade your son." Lavar was like "LOLno you won't."

The Lebron arrived, and never had to say a word. Lavar recognized that Lebron is by far the most powerful actor in the league, suit or player, and shut his mouth before anything ever came of it. He wasn't about to pick a fight with the one guy that nobody can get over on.

Things have now changed obv.

Comments

thesidedish: trade lonzo, fued with lebron FTW

Load Metric
    That old wisdom

we love to build up our heroes and we also love to destroy them

LeBron goes to Hollywood expecting adulation and courtside bottle service.

He’s about to get savaged.

You know it’s @ Celtics tonight, right? Hopefully, Boston fans regain their viciousness after the love and parades

If I’m guilty of inciting a riot, so be it

Load Metric
    mirotic to the bucks for virtually nothing

damn, east is getting a little stacked atm.

east may be stronger than the west at this point (or at least the top 4 teams)

Load Metric
    Gasol to Raptors for Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, CJ Miles and a 2024 second-round pick,

That's a good upgrade, although hopefully now the Raptors can sign a buyout player.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Gasol to Raptors for Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, CJ Miles and a 2024 second-round pick,

That's a good upgrade, although hopefully now the Raptors can sign a buyout player.
    Ready for another playoff choke this year?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    6ers dumped fultz to ORL, blake…

Platinum
    Load Metric

I donno. Siakam and ibaka have been playing well as the raptor big men and are more versatile defensively. It’s not super obvious to me that replacing Ibaka with Gasol makes them all that much better.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I donno. Siakam and ibaka have been playing well as the raptor big men and are more versatile defensively. It’s not super obvious to me that replacing Ibaka with Gasol makes them all that much better.
    they didn't give up that much to get him...cant be terrible to get a stretch 5 in the mix there...Valanciunas wasn't able to give that element...

Load Metric
    Gasol will likely come off the bench with Ibaka starting.

Druff -> No playoff choke this year since Lebron is in the West.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    yeah the fact that the sixers didn't even get terrence ross in the deal disgusts me.

mood in philly is that this was a terrible trade.

Load Metric
    But at least the sixers are not the lakers. They were supposed to get AD and ended up with Reggie Bullock and Mike Muscala

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    yeah the fact that the sixers didn't even get terrence ross in the deal disgusts me.

mood in philly is that this was a terrible trade.
    yeah that's what I was reading...they'd ship him to get bench depth...they did recoup a couple of picks outta the deal which is something...

Thread Information