Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2018-19 thread

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Saw a couple Duke games. Zion is great at this level but I just don’t see how he becomes a great NBA player. Where is the comp in the modern NBA for an undersized superathletic PF who can’t shoot who becomes a star?

Seems like best case scenario is Charles Barkley, and I don’t know how good even Barkley would have been in the modern NBA. Seems more likely he has a Julius randle career, which would be a bust.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Funny video created off the Steph Curry slip tonight

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Klay was nba jam ON FIRE! 10 for 10 for his 1st 10 3s. only played 27 mins, 44pts

Nobody beating this team in the playoffs in a 7 game set baring some crazy type injury or some type of fluke shit.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So I guess the consensus is that the Lakers are gonna trade for Brow. Personally, I dont see it. It seems like the Pelicans can get way more from a number of other teams. Bill Simmons actually had a pretty intriguing idea of trading with the 76ers-- Brow for Simmons and some assets. He also said Philly could alternately go all in and try to get Holiday and Brow for Simmons and pretty much all their assets. Both of these trades certainly seems better than anything the Lakers can put together.

I guess Brow could force the issue by saying he would only resign with the Lakers, but I haven't heard anything suggesting that is his intention.

Load Metric
    The Lakers suck ass.

With LeBron out there was an opportunity for the kids to shine and improve their value as chips for all these retarded trade ideas being floated

What has occurred is that the kids have been awful or hurt or both. Their value has unquestionably declined.

With that settled, the notion of Klay Thompson leaving the Warriors for the Lakers is THE dumbest idea. It’s damned offensive. Seth & Klay are gonna make history. Why go to Lakers? Dad is on the radio in LA? Why leave history for some sketchy LA gamble?

LeBron ever going to return? Remember how he never got hurt. That was the legend. No matter how good you are one opponent you can’t beat is time and miles. Sucks getting old. Order another red wine LeBron - you clueless fuck.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    So I guess the consensus is that the Lakers are gonna trade for Brow. Personally, I dont see it. It seems like the Pelicans can get way more from a number of other teams. Bill Simmons actually had a pretty intriguing idea of trading with the 76ers-- Brow for Simmons and some assets. He also said Philly could alternately go all in and try to get Holiday and Brow for Simmons and pretty much all their assets. Both of these trades certainly seems better than anything the Lakers can put together.

I guess Brow could force the issue by saying he would only resign with the Lakers, but I haven't heard anything suggesting that is his intention.
    Really don't think the Lakers have the best package and see no reason why the Pels would move him there this year.

The Celtics can't get in the game until July 1, and they have far more assets. Pretty much every other team considered to be possible can offer a better asset package than the Lakers, too.

The Lakers could easily have some combo of Paul George, Kawhi Leonard and/or Jimmy Butler by now. So could the Celtics (their unwillingness to part with Jaylen Brown looks really bad now).

I'd be sweating a bit if I were a Lakers fan. None of their young guys really look like future all stars.

Comments

Sanlmar: Reason
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I agree.

This Lakers team is very unexciting without Lebron.

I understand why they are now trying to make major moves to make this team championship viable, rather than sit and hope that the existing non-Lebron talent becomes something special.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    It will be very amusing if when all is said and done Russell is the only recent Laker high draft kick that becomes an all star.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: This

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I agree.

This Lakers team is very unexciting without Lebron.

I understand why they are now trying to make major moves to make this team championship viable, rather than sit and hope that the existing non-Lebron talent becomes something special.
    Really a shame that they whiffed on Paul George now that he's returned and even exceeded peak form. They thought it was just a rental with OKC, as did just about everyone.

Anthony Davis is the one to sell the farm for, but it may not be enough.

I do hope they land the right guys to make the end of Lebron's career exciting.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    The Lakers suck ass.

What has occurred is that the kids have been awful or hurt or both. Their value has unquestionably declined.
    Davis —> Lakers is over

Kuzma, Ingram, Ball ... do you want to build a team around that. The answer is no.

Do Pelicans want Ainge to give you Tatum? Ainge will never give you Tatum. Keep waiting. In a weird way Ainge is kinda fucking with Lakers.

Load Metric
    Lakers are a dumpster fire. No player development, the culture is a total sham. It’s all just glitz and artifice.

For me it’s the perfect confluence of LA fail and LeBron hate.

The stories next 24 hours are going to be fantastic.

Look at LeBron’s position on the bench

Just a few minutes into the game, Brandon Ingram got to the free throw line, and was immediately hit with ”LeBron's gonna trade you" chants from the Pacers crowd.
    Lakers @ Boston next. Boston fans are vicious. Sadly, they are all fat and happy after the latest parade. I still hope the Boston fans will get back to work. Could be epic.

I’m in heaven.

We can talk about Rams looking for a new Quarterback in the NFL thread.

Load Metric
    I’m wearing a perma-grin.

It’s a fire hose of goodness with every click

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If Ball wasn't refusing to play in New Orleans, this trade for Davis could actually happen.

Lakers are trying to do the right thing, though. They're going nowhere fast with this group, and Lebron isn't getting any younger.

Load Metric
    If Ball wasn't refusing to play in New Orleans, this trade for Davis could actually happen.

Lakers are trying to do the right thing, though. They're going nowhere fast with this group, and Lebron isn't getting any younger.
    I believe you are serious.

Since LeBron was out Lonzo is 26% from the line. He’s worse than last year.

Kid’s obviously a deal-breaker. LOL Pelicans were willing to take Ball off the Lakers hands. Truth is it was draft choices that killed it for now

Upon arriving in LA, I believe LeBron told Ball’s father to disappear. Well, obviously Lavar feels LeBron isn’t to be feared now.

Playoffs? You talkin about playoffs?
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-06-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Load Metric
    Clippers did the Lakers a solid by trading away their playoff hopes.

Lebron can beat the Warriors by himself, but he will need shooting and defense.

I never count a Lebron team out.

Load Metric

Rob Pelinka and Magic Johnson may just be bad. I doubt it took much beyond the glitz of LA, Lakers history and the available cap space to land LeBron. You still have to get the pieces though.

So far they've whiffed on Kawhi, gambled and lost on Paul George (who was theirs if they had made Brandon Ingram available), and who knows with AD, but so far they've missed.

No other free agent is heavily linked to the Lakers. Kevin Durant suggested that guys don't want to.play with Lebron.

It would be hysterical (and legitimately possible) if the Clippers became the landing spot. That org has the worst history but has made all the right moves lately.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Ughh?

Steve Ballmer and Jerry West crushed it.

Space for 2 max contracts. 2 first round draft choices. Tobias Harris is a rental to 76’ers but 76’ers are going for broke so both teams got what they wanted.

Sloppy Joe hints at his understanding of the Clippers v Lakers truth as a LA guy in his last sentence

LeBron, the Buss chick and the AIDS guy. Get with the schadenfreude

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Ughh?

Space for 2 max contracts. 2 first round draft choices. Tobias Harris is a rental to 76’ers but 76’ers are going for broke so both teams got what they wanted.

Sloppy Joe hints at his understanding of the Clippers v Lakers truth as a LA guy in his last sentence

why do you think tobias is a rental? he'll get a max offer from philly, more than any other team can offer. not sure he's worth it but he'll get it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

Ughh?

why do you think tobias is a rental? he'll get a max offer from philly, more than any other team can offer. not sure he's worth it but he'll get it.
    he doesn't get as much credit for being as good of a player as he is...20-7-3 on 50-43-88...yeah you cant win a title with him as your #1, but fucking sign me up for him being the piece of a contender...as a Celtics fan I hate the sixers getting him...

gonna be interesting to see how harris is integrated into this system...its as if philly just puked out 4 superstarish caliber players and think that's gonna win them a title...brown was already having issues with butler and embiid not really co-existing with how much each wants the ball...now you add another piece who absolutely deserves to get shots...I have a feeling there's gonna be some unhappy campers...

wouldn't surprise me if butler isn't a sixer next year...basically using harris as an insurance policy for him going full diva or bolting or hell them even moving him before Thursday....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

he doesn't get as much credit for being as good of a player as he is...20-7-3 on 50-43-88...yeah you cant win a title with him as your #1, but fucking sign me up for him being the piece of a contender...as a Celtics fan I hate the sixers getting him...

gonna be interesting to see how harris is integrated into this system...its as if philly just puked out 4 superstarish caliber players and think that's gonna win them a title...brown was already having issues with butler and embiid not really co-existing with how much each wants the ball...now you add another piece who absolutely deserves to get shots...I have a feeling there's gonna be some unhappy campers...

wouldn't surprise me if butler isn't a sixer next year...basically using harris as an insurance policy for him going full diva or bolting or hell them even moving him before Thursday....
    word is out already that philly plans on re-signing both of them, so i guess philly's going full golden state warriors payroll as they'll now have 4 max players

the good thing about ben is that is his game is so different from other stars. not only does he not need to score, he actually doesn't even want to try

Thread Information