Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2018-19 thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2018-19 thread

We don't have one of these yet, so let's get it going.

I'll start it off with an interesting article about Lebron and his first return to Cleveland after leaving: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...urns-cleveland

Lebron will go back to Cleveland for the Lakers' next game.

In that 2010 return, Lebron played a great game, and then the Cavs, which were an almost respectable 7-10 coming in, went a staggering 1-35 in the following 36 games.

BCR, what do you remember about this?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, I'm already picking Giannis to be the MVP this season.

Comments

DirtyErnie: Bango

Muck Ficon: :this

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also, I'm already picking Giannis to be the MVP this season.

Embidd is a much better candidate in a bigger market on a team that by the end of the season will probably be higher contenders . Bucks market share is so small . Great player but I think being on the Bucks will ultimately hurt his chances . Unless they make a deep playoff run

Comments

Muck Ficon: Lol...you don't know much about the NBA do you?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post
    Unless they make a deep playoff run
    MVP ballots due on the last day of the regular season, I think.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Unless they make a deep playoff run

Makes sense . They both are great players and deserve the award. Just my view is Embidd is higher profile and much more marketable . Fairly sure that comes into play for the league . Subconsciously .

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Makes sense . They both are great players and deserve the award. Just my view is Embidd is higher profile and much more marketable . Fairly sure that comes into play for the league . Subconsciously .
    I think it will lean the freak if the bucks get near 60 wins and a 1/2 seed in the east...

I think embiid is eventually gonna be "hurt" by the presence of butler in philly...I know he's beasted in his last 3 games, but I just think that it's gonna be tough with butler there to keep up this 30-10 pace...

ROY will be interesting...I liked doncic before the year over Ayton/bagley because I just think his experience playing as a pro in the second best league in the world gives him a step up...woulda loved to bet it, but at 3:1 no thanks...JJJ could be a sleeper if Memphis wins 50 and he keeps playing well...

Load Metric

I'll start it off with an interesting article about Lebron and his first return to Cleveland after leaving: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...urns-cleveland

In that 2010 return, Lebron played a great game, and then the Cavs, which were an almost respectable 7-10 coming in, went a staggering 1-35 in the following 36 games.

I remember it being somewhat hostile, but inside the arena is always relatively tame compared to the general sentiment. When he left, there was outright fury and pure vitriol on the streets, every bar, just part of every conversation. I watched every single Heat game hoping they’d lose. I was so fucking pissed when OKC lost that first title I recall telling the OKC homer here, I think it was Stamos, that I’ll cheer against Westbrook and Durant until they retire. That lasted until he returned. I hate Durant now again, but for entirely different reasons. For 4 years I probably watched 70 Heat games a year hoping they’d lose every one. I never downplayed his talent, I think he’s the GOAT at this point even as someone who saw MJ’s whole career, but I just wanted him to lose every game.

Totally different now. I cheer for the Lakers and for him to get a few guys to play with there. I don’t begrudge him leaving to live where he wants at this age. Leaving your hometown in your absolute prime 26-30 years was just crushing. As nice as the championship was, the greatest with the comeback over a 73 win team, and as boring as the playoffs will be now, it’s honestly just watching his brilliance night in night out in cold ass winter months that I miss most in some ways. Just a Tuesday night when you have nothing to do and it’s 12 degrees outside yet this savant is playing for your team. I’ll still watch those games, but they’re late, and it’s not the same as he’s with your team. Playoff Lebron is unreal. You’ll enjoy that. Just takes it to another level, particularly when he’s on a team like he is now where he has to carry them. These young Lakers are way worse than I thought they were. BI is a huge disappointment. Kuzma has been ok, but it looks like that promising rookie season was a bit of fools gold. Lonzo had a decent night tonight, and he may adapt and he’s a heady kid, but he’s limited as an athlete. Lebron will be at like 40/12/10 come Western Conference playoffs. As he aged, he really starts slow, and kind of isn’t engaged. He looks really to be in that mode now more than ever with the Lakers am far. It’s always amazing how good of numbers he puts up while doing that.

It was great to have him for 11 seasons. He’s unreal, and to have him born in the backyard and get drafted by the hometown team is high a hurdle is required to just get one ring when you’re such an undesirable market for professional athletes. Like I’d be just shocked to ever see the Cavs win a championship in my lifetime. Almost impossible. The Browns and Indians have far better chances as it is t as dependent on one player being so important. I actually think the Browns might get one in the next decade. I like their direction for the first time in my lifetime, and think they are an OL and a #1 we from being quite good. The Indians are well ran for the past 20 years, but no salary cap hurts as they’ll lose a lot this offseason and Lindor eventually. They’ve had two game sevens in World Series that really hurt to have lost.

Back to NBA. Really surprised how badly the Celtics are playing. Heyward looks like he may never be the same player again, Kyrie rusty and still playing no defense, and just not meshing. Stevens is a genius, I’m sure he’ll figure it out, but they aren’t a championship team. Will be interesting to see how Sixers gel with Butler. Happy for Milwaukee fans. They look good. I always view that as the most similar market to Cleveland. Raps look good.

West is deep but the turmoil on Warriors give a glimmer of hope that egos may finally come into play. Still
    huge favorites, but internal issues always take dynasties down. Portland came right back out when everyone was expecting them to regress. Lot of depth in whole conference.

Love the game.

Load Metric
    Saw Druff post about Lakers & Cav’s and then main man BCR wrote a poem about LeBron that I chose to skip.

On any given day you might find yourself searching for a decent wager. Fade LeBron ATS. Its been an autobet for more than a year.

Cavaliers were like dead last ATS 2017/18. Love to find some of my posts from last year about Isaiah Thomas & autobetting Cavaliers fades. Funny (at least to me) and profitable. Fortunately we don’t have to live in the past. Each night the Lakers fail to cover.

The Celtics are another autofade. People are incredibly slow to accept this story. Shit they are almost as bad as Lakers ATS.

Comments

BCR: Sorry. We get so little here in NE Ohio. It’s not like we’ve won 13 championships in a decade or whatever this current heater is.

Username: See above.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I remember it being somewhat hostile, but inside the arena is always relatively tame compared to the general sentiment. When he left, there was outright fury and pure vitriol on the streets, every bar, just part of every conversation. I watched every single Heat game hoping they’d lose. I was so fucking pissed when OKC lost that first title I recall telling the OKC homer here, I think it was Stamos, that I’ll cheer against Westbrook and Durant until they retire. That lasted until he returned. I hate Durant now again, but for entirely different reasons. For 4 years I probably watched 70 Heat games a year hoping they’d lose every one. I never downplayed his talent, I think he’s the GOAT at this point even as someone who saw MJ’s whole career, but I just wanted him to lose every game.

Totally different now. I cheer for the Lakers and for him to get a few guys to play with there. I don’t begrudge him leaving to live where he wants at this age. Leaving your hometown in your absolute prime 26-30 years was just crushing. As nice as the championship was, the greatest with the comeback over a 73 win team, and as boring as the playoffs will be now, it’s honestly just watching his brilliance night in night out in cold ass winter months that I miss most in some ways. Just a Tuesday night when you have nothing to do and it’s 12 degrees outside yet this savant is playing for your team. I’ll still watch those games, but they’re late, and it’s not the same as he’s with your team. Playoff Lebron is unreal. You’ll enjoy that. Just takes it to another level, particularly when he’s on a team like he is now where he has to carry them. These young Lakers are way worse than I thought they were. BI is a huge disappointment. Kuzma has been ok, but it looks like that promising rookie season was a bit of fools gold. Lonzo had a decent night tonight, and he may adapt and he’s a heady kid, but he’s limited as an athlete. Lebron will be at like 40/12/10 come Western Conference playoffs. As he aged, he really starts slow, and kind of isn’t engaged. He looks really to be in that mode now more than ever with the Lakers am far. It’s always amazing how good of numbers he puts up while doing that.

It was great to have him for 11 seasons. He’s unreal, and to have him born in the backyard and get drafted by the hometown team is high a hurdle is required to just get one ring when you’re such an undesirable market for professional athletes. Like I’d be just shocked to ever see the Cavs win a championship in my lifetime. Almost impossible. The Browns and Indians have far better chances as it is t as dependent on one player being so important. I actually think the Browns might get one in the next decade. I like their direction for the first time in my lifetime, and think they are an OL and a #1 we from being quite good. The Indians are well ran for the past 20 years, but no salary cap hurts as they’ll lose a lot this offseason and Lindor eventually. They’ve had two game sevens in World Series that really hurt to have lost.

Back to NBA. Really surprised how badly the Celtics are playing. Heyward looks like he may never be the same player again, Kyrie rusty and still playing no defense, and just not meshing. Stevens is a genius, I’m sure he’ll figure it out, but they aren’t a championship team. Will be interesting to see how Sixers gel with Butler. Happy for Milwaukee fans. They look good. I always view that as the most similar market to Cleveland. Raps look good.

West is deep but the turmoil on Warriors give a glimmer of hope that egos may finally come into play. Still
    huge favorites, but internal issues always take dynasties down. Portland came right back out when everyone was expecting them to regress. Lot of depth in whole conference.

Love the game.
    Overall solid post. In regards to the highlighted, it took Paul George a full season to recover from a similar injury. But he was playing in a small market on a team with no expectations, so the spotlight wasn't as bright.

Also Ingram came into the league very young at 21. He is younger than a lot of 1-2 year players. He still has time. Kuzma is kind of the opposite. He played 4 years in college (he is 2 years older than Ingram despite being in the NBA a year shorter). He came into the league as more of a finished product. Probably not realistic to expect big improvements over time you see with 18 year olds coming into the league.
    Last edited by ErickAA; 11-22-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Love the game.
    Overall solid post. In regards to the highlighted, it took Paul George a full season to recover from a similar injury. But he was playing in a small market on a team with no expectations, so the spotlight wasn't as bright.

Also Ingram came into the league very young at 21. He is younger than a lot of 1-2 year players. He still has time. Kuzma is kind of the opposite. He played 4 years in college (he is 2 years older than Ingram despite being in the NBA a year shorter). He came into the league as more of a finished product. Probably not realistic to expect big improvements over time you see with 18 year olds coming into the league.

Yeah, I’m of the opinion that white guys just can’t afford to lose 20% of their burst when it’s a fucking miracle any white guys are in the league in the first place. I don’t think George ever came all the way back, he was just so good that him -20% of whatever is still really good. That’s not a white guys luxury. We’ll see. I hope
    he returns to normal. I hear you on BI. They say he’s having a hard time as he was also a ball dominant SF, so that’s clearly a problem considering LBJ isn’t going anywhere. He’ll either adjust or become part of an offseason package I’d guess when they look to land a tier 1 player.

Load Metric
    Team Lakers.

What Lebron did for Cleveland can never be forgotten.

Besides, Golden State is the greatest bitch dynasty in the history of sports.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Seems like if you blow on Steph Curry the wrong way, he gets injured.

He's the opposite of durable. Not quite Derrick Rose bad, but very prone to injury.

Maybe between Curry's injury issues, the strife between KD and Draymond, and perhaps a Durant injury down the line, the Warriors will finally be unseated in the West this year.

Lakers finally looking a bit better (8-2 last 10 after a brutal 2-5 start), but they just don't have enough to really contend this year. Tyson Chandler, despite being 36, was a great pickup. He's made a huge impact already.

I know it's early, but we're seeing some surprises so far.

The good:
    Portland
    Milwaukee
    Orlando
    Sacramento
    Memphis

The bad:
    Golden State
    Houston
    Boston
    San Antonio
    Washington
    Cleveland

Load Metric
    how in god’s name do u selectively forgo the CLIPS in the “good” column

smh lakers fans

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    how in god’s name do u selectively forgo the CLIPS in the “good” column

smh lakers fans
    F the Clippers

But yes, they belong in the pleasant surprise column, too.

Load Metric
    jesus todge you realize this idiot is trolling you the clips lost to the biggest dumpster fire on earth the 2018 wizards like caaamaaaaaaaan kid

Load Metric

He's the opposite of durable. Not quite Derrick Rose bad, but very prone to injury.

Maybe between Curry's injury issues, the strife between KD and Draymond, and perhaps a Durant injury down the line, the Warriors will finally be unseated in the West this year.

Lakers finally looking a bit better (8-2 last 10 after a brutal 2-5 start), but they just don't have enough to really contend this year. Tyson Chandler, despite being 36, was a great pickup. He's made a huge impact already.

The good:
    Portland
    Milwaukee
    Orlando
    Sacramento
    Memphis

The bad:
    Golden State
    Houston
    Boston
    San Antonio
    Washington
    Cleveland

No Sixers in the good collum? They trade a starter and a defensive beast to get Jimmy Buckets . Seem to be finding an identity. The rookie Shamet is starting to get a feel for the league. Embidd is a monster . Simmons doing his thing . Reddick still knocking down trey's . Unbeatable at home.

As much as you people hate to admit stuff . This Sixers team is very close to being a force to deal with for many years to come.

Load Metric

The good:
    Portland
    Milwaukee
    Orlando
    Sacramento
    Memphis

The bad:
    Golden State
    Houston
    Boston
    San Antonio
    Washington
    Cleveland

No Sixers in the good collum? They trade a starter and a defensive beast to get Jimmy Buckets . Seem to be finding an identity. The rookie Shamet is starting to get a feel for the league. Embidd is a monster . Simmons doing his thing . Reddick still knocking down trey's . Unbeatable at home.

As much as you people hate to admit stuff . This Sixers team is very close to being a force to deal with for many years to come.
    True but they aren't a surprise.

Comments

Dan Druff: yes that's what i meant... only the surprise teams

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    jesus todge you realize this idiot is trolling you the clips lost to the biggest dumpster fire on earth the 2018 wizards like caaamaaaaaaaan kid
    Wiz start off slow every year. I think if they decide not to blow up the team they would start playing better, end up in the playoffs and get blown out 1st round. Of course, given how dysfunctional things are I am guessing management decides to blow it up instead.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    Wiz start off slow every year. I think if they decide not to blow up the team they would start playing better, end up in the playoffs and get blown out 1st round. Of course, given how dysfunctional things are I am guessing management decides to blow it up instead.
    It’s not dysfunctional at all to blow up a team that is, at best, a first round exit. That’s the weirdest post. That’s why you blow up a team. You’re capped out and not even close to good enough. The Wiz are ran poorly as hell, but blowing up the team when you’re not good enough is exactly when you do it, which means they probably won’t.

Load Metric
    Sixers losing a 20 game home winning streak to the Cavs. Where is Blake? Someone reset his password so we can laugh at Brett Brown.

Thread Information