Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2018-19 thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Where are the Raptors haters now?

As I said Giannis and Leonard cancel out and I like the Raptors over the Bucks after that.

Hope they finish it Saturday would rather not another stressful game 7.
    Kawhi is playing unreal on one leg and the team is playing good defense the last 3. FVV was huge in that last one after being the worst player in the NBA the last month. Weird ass team. Don’t like their roster at all outside Kawhi and Siakam and PS is struggling atm. Lowry is decent facilitator, but at $33 million, a horrible contract. Hate Ibaka, always have. Only raptor I dislike and I, of course, hate Drake your annoying mascot. I’ve liked previous incarnations of the raptors supporting cast more when they were younger in previous seasons, but it’s all about Kawhi. You need that elite player to have a shot.

After watching Simmons and Giannis, I’m done with the notion you can, in Simmons case be some first team nba level player, or in Giannis’s case, be an all timer, without being a great shooter in today’s game. It’s just too limiting. Giannis is playing ok, but he isn’t controlling the game and taking over because he isn’t an effective shooter.

Don’t think the series is over or anything. I said the Bucks are the type of team that choke here, but thought they were too well-coached. Guess not. It’s usually a process for young teams where you get your heart broke the first time. If it gets to seven I still like the home team. Raptors are certainly favored, but I still never know where they’re going to get their points every night. Someone will have to step up and get hot again like FVV because I don’t think that will happen again. Or Kawhi just goes off for 45 which is always possible. Happy for you simp. Already dreading the finals as neither of these teams can make a game six imo and golden state is just resting and waiting.
    I disagree with no game 6 in the finals as well. Now that the Raptors have "solved" Giannis, I think the Warriors could mop the floor with them (4-5 games)

On the other hand, I think the Raptors would go 6+ games with them. They would need big games from their supporting cast, but as long as someone is sinking 3's they are still in the game. Without Durant I think they have a shot at winning the whole thing. Their length could force the Warriors to play bigger (Bogut/Looney more minutes). Who's going to guard Leonard + Siakim + Ibaka/Green/Powell with their small lineup?

Again, without Durant I love the Raptors bench > Warriors bench. And I'm talking about players 6-8

Platinum
    Load Metric
    After watching Simmons and Giannis, I’m done with the notion you can, in Simmons case be some first team nba level player, or in Giannis’s case, be an all timer, without being a great shooter in today’s game. It’s just too limiting. Giannis is playing ok, but he isn’t controlling the game and taking over because he isn’t an effective shooter.
    not saying you are implying this at all, but the difference between these guys is that Giannis seems to really give a shit (playing 2nd division greek basketball, not having everything handed to him, not being an "anointed" player) about getting better...id be willing to wager he's gonna bust his ass in the next couple of offseasons and while he might not become an elite shooter id be willing to wager he's gonna get himself to be a 35-37% shooter from 3 which would enable him to be an all time great...he's only at 26% this year...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    not saying you are implying this at all, but the difference between these guys is that Giannis seems to really give a shit (playing 2nd division greek basketball, not having everything handed to him, not being an "anointed" player) about getting better...id be willing to wager he's gonna bust his ass in the next couple of offseasons and while he might not become an elite shooter id be willing to wager he's gonna get himself to be a 35-37% shooter from 3 which would enable him to be an all time great...he's only at 26% this year...

I agree. Why I differentiated them by saying first teamer and all-timer. Add an efficient jumper and he’ll end up top 10-20 player of all time. He’s simply not there yet, but given the physique he’s improved, he’s a super hard worker, and I have little doubt he’ll keep working on his jumper. Simmons is borderline Fultz territory, where it’s mental. He’s just good enough without a shot to still be an all star, but not a champ. Fultz without a shot is useless.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    DRAKE IS GOING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD WITH THE HELP OF THE CLAW

Diamond
    Load Metric
    THE GUY IS TELLING THE TRUTH, DRAKE HAD HIM SNIPED, HE WAS HEADED TO THE TOP OF CANADA

Platinum
    Load Metric

I agree. Why I differentiated them by saying first teamer and all-timer. Add an efficient jumper and he’ll end up top 10-20 player of all time. He’s simply not there yet, but given the physique he’s improved, he’s a super hard worker, and I have little doubt he’ll keep working on his jumper. Simmons is borderline Fultz territory, where it’s mental. He’s just good enough without a shot to still be an all star, but not a champ. Fultz without a shot is useless.
    plus he's dating a Kardashian, which never helped anybody...

im a Cs fan, so tough to root for Giannis to be a super stud but read an article about his attitude and just loved it...in the day and age where all these guys are chummy with each other he just wants to flat out kill 'em all...fucking love that...wouldn't surprise me if he stayed in Milwaukee to try to build a dynasty like Jordan did in Chicago...

Load Metric

plus he's dating a Kardashian, which never helped anybody...

im a Cs fan, so tough to root for Giannis to be a super stud but read an article about his attitude and just loved it...in the day and age where all these guys are chummy with each other he just wants to flat out kill 'em all...fucking love that...wouldn't surprise me if he stayed in Milwaukee to try to build a dynasty like Jordan did in Chicago...
    I think simmons is done with the Kardashians. Although who knows maybe he will date a sister

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'll tip my cap and give credit where credit is due because I didn't think the Raptors stood a chance after falling down 2-0.

Bucks need some more solid role players off the bench. This played a part in them losing but we have to give a ton of credit to the Raptors defense.

Load Metric
    Congrats simp.

Series really reminded me of Spurs/Cavs series when Lebron was 21. He didn’t have a shot yet and they just trapped him and he has much better vision than Giannis, but didn’t have anyone to pass it to and that spurs team was an all time great team. He needs to work on a host of moves. In half court basketball he becomes ordinary. In the middle so often and no tear drop or floater or anything, without Lebron's passing. Would just get caught up and pass back out to perimeter. Amazing athlete, but still raw to the playoff style of basketball. Facing a veteran team, that series turned in a hurry. Really impressive by Raptors.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  2eRpYcB.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  68.9 KB

1971 just got one more gutwrenching and heartbreaking year away from us.

Congrats to the Raptors - they must be fucking stoked; but, I guess im just still pointlessly sitting here like... what the fuck happened?

Comments

DirtyErnie: Next year Gordo, we getem next year

Load Metric
    It's gameday!!

Tonight without KD, the Raptors are going to pull out game 1. They need KD's length on defense + his offense.

-Raptors will smother Curry (under 31.5 +100) loss
    -Green will be in foul trouble. Guarding Kawhi? Siakim? Getting into it with Ibaka?
    -Danny Green will finally break out of his slump. Over 1.5 three pointers +125 win

Final score 118-112 118-109

over 213.5, Raptors -1.5 win,win

Comments

DirtyErnie: good vibes to you Simp: from a dejected Deer Fan

big dick: .
    Last edited by simpdog; 05-30-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Load Metric
    Game 1 went as planned.

Hopefully Durant is still out so we can sneak a 2-0 lead.

Comments

BCR:

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Game 1 went as planned.

i'll be shocked if Durant comes back this season. he won't risk aggravating his injury.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Stueyivey View Post
    Game 1 went as planned.

i'll be shocked if Durant comes back this season. he won't risk aggravating his injury.
    Huge win for the Raps.

As a traumatized Blazers fan, I kept waiting for the inevitable Warriors deluge but this team is better and could handle the blows.

Never took them seriously this year and didn't watch them often. But man. . .

Comments

BCR: I just kept waiting for the run also, raps just took it in stride
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stueyivey View Post

Huge win for the Raps.

As a traumatized Blazers fan, I kept waiting for the inevitable Warriors deluge but this team is better and could handle the blows.

Never took them seriously this year and didn't watch them often. But man. . .
    Me either. I mean I probably caught like 5-7 rs games and every playoff game they played, but I still didn’t believe. Even watching them come back and win 4 straight against Bucks didn’t convince me. Last night they just looked cohesive in a way I hadn’t seen yet. First time I can imagine them actually winning it all.

Congrats simp—your belief, I imagine, has become quite profitable if you kept firing down 0-2 against Bucks and you said you were down last night. Really hope they get it done for you guys. God knows there is nothing I’d hate to see more than Durant leave golden state with any vindication. So hopefully he stays out, or you win anyway.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This reminds me so much of the 2014 NBA finals where the Spurs destroyed the Heat and the team broke up afterwards when Lebron went back to the Cavs.

The Warriors dynasty is likely over after this year but it sucks for them and for the game that KD couldn't play.

Load Metric
    Simpdog lovin’ life.

Raptors winning and his hated Bruins gonna choke

One win needed for each.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  Capture121.PNG
Views: 316
Size:  1.16 MB

the chubby PG from philly who was too small to be a good NBA PG and too bad of an attitude to be a winner...one more fucking game to go...

if they win, wish he'd get the chance to shove his foot up the ass of that cunt "owner" of the warriors...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Simpdog lovin’ life.

Raptors winning and his hated Bruins gonna choke

One win needed for each.
    Net winner took Raptors and Bruins though

Still scared shitless if Durant comes back but have 3 to close it out

Thread Information