Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2018-19 thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    beilein to the cavs...interesting hire there...guy was really successful at west va and Michigan...will be interesting to see how he translates to the NBA...

Thrilled with the hire. Clearly his job is to develop young guys being 66, but I couldn’t think of someone better to coach a young team. Always took 2 and 3* kids and developed them into draft picks. Just a fantastic coach, and it screws Michigan, which just makes it win-win.

Load Metric
    I don’t see how the Raptors score enough to beat the Bucks. That Sixers series presented unique problems on the perimeter for their guards and Lowry was bad, and FVV played a lot of minutes and was horrible, but the Bucks provide unique challenges for the Raptors at other spots and are just a much more balanced offense, plus they’re flat out better coached. Stevens pulled out a game plan for game 1 and they quickly adapted. I don’t know if Nurse can even steal one. Kawhi likely can. I’m expecting the Bucks in 5, sweep is even possible. I’d be shocked to see raps win series. Kawhi playing at elite level, Siakam very good, they just get nothing out of the other 3 starters. Bench is highly suspect. They’ll have to win 100-94 type games to have a prayer and that’s a tall order against the Bucks.

Kawhi is good enough to slow Giannis, but that’s a monumental task when they also need you to score 40 a night at the same time.
    Last edited by BCR; 05-13-2019 at 06:52 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I don’t see how the Raptors score enough to beat the Bucks. That Sixers series presented unique problems on the perimeter for their guards and Lowry was bad, and FVV played a lot of minutes and was horrible, but the Bucks provide unique challenges for the Raptors at other spots and are just a much more balanced offense, plus they’re flat out better coached. Stevens pulled out a game plan for game 1 and they quickly adapted. I don’t know if Nurse can even steal one. Kawhi likely can. I’m expecting the Bucks in 5, sweep is even possible. I’d be shocked to see raps win series. Kawhi playing at elite level, Siakam very good, they just get nothing out of the other 3 starters. Bench is highly suspect. They’ll have to win 100-94 type games to have a prayer and that’s a tall order against the Bucks.
    They won’t need to score their defense IMO is tops in the league.

Everybody is underestimating Toronto because of their previous playoff failures.

Kawhi is a huge step up and I feel the Raptors take this in 6 or 7. They will steal game 1.

Load Metric
    I see you there simp, tell me how the raps get this done? Clearly you’re confident and really fucking good at sports wagering, what are you seeing when you take raptors goggles off?

Edit-answered before asked

We’ll see. I can’t see it, but respect your sports acumen

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    beilein to the cavs...interesting hire there...guy was really successful at west va and Michigan...will be interesting to see how he translates to the NBA...

Thrilled with the hire. Clearly his job is to develop young guys being 66, but I couldn’t think of someone better to coach a young team. Always took 2 and 3* kids and developed them into draft picks. Just a fantastic coach, and it screws Michigan, which just makes it win-win.

one of the first things that went through my mind too...haha!

yeah they definitely had the development angle in mind...interesting he would do this at 66...I mean there are college guys that want to coach in the league to see what it's like to coach at the highest level...when you are in college you have to deal with all the NCAA bullshit, but I don't know if that's any worse than having to deal with all the diva NBA bullshit...would absolutely love to get inside of brad Stevens' head to get his true thoughts about having to deal with all of kyrie's fucking drama this year...

Platinum
    Load Metric

Kawhi is good enough to slow Giannis, but that’s a monumental task when they also need you to score 40 a night at the same time.
    don't forget that the bucks didn't have brogdon for that whole series against boston...

Load Metric
    I see you there simp, tell me how the raps get this done? Clearly you’re confident and really fucking good at sports wagering, what are you seeing when you take raptors goggles off?

Edit-answered before asked

We’ll see. I can’t see it, but respect your sports acumen
    Definitely have the Raptors goggles on.......But I like our chances.

I felt the reffing favored Philly, our 3 pt shooting wasn't great and we still found a way to win. Defense wins....

Now we do need to push it to game 6 or game 7, but I feel like a tough series warmed us up for the Bucks.

Edit:
    Not that it means a lot, but 538 is on board.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...a-predictions/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    They won’t need to score their defense IMO is tops in the league.

Everybody is underestimating Toronto because of their previous playoff failures.

Kawhi is a huge step up and I feel the Raptors take this in 6 or 7. They will steal game 1.

I’m not underestimating then because of the past. They didn’t have a tier 1 Star and that’s all that matters in the NBA once you reach a certain point. They certainly do now. I just watched every game against the Sixers and saw Kawhi have to go Lebron level scoring with that supporting cast. They did miss an inordinate amount of wide open shots because the Sixers length bothered them, but the Bucks are just much better than the Sixers. I don’t care who wins. I love the way Kawhi plays and like the Bucks because I always pull for small market teams. The Bucks are the kind of team that loses in this spot their first go round, I just think they’re too well-.coached. Lowry’s decline and Gasol being cagey, but clearly in decline hurts bad. I assume OG will come back. I’ve read he’s traveling with team. They need him. They need some young athletic legs to run with that Bucks team.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Maybe this belongs in the NBA 2019-20 thread, but the Lakers have decided to hire Frank Vogel is their new coach.

Jason Kidd is to be on the staff, presumably to help Lonzo Ball turn around his disappointing early career.

To show how far the Lakers have fallen, Tyronn Lue and Monty Williams already declined the Lakers' offers to become coach.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ers-kidd-staff
    Kyrie Irving & Jason Kidd are a thing. This could really happen. I’ll buy the plane ticket.

Remember when part of the NBA lottery involved envelopes (fraud)?
    Then they decided it would be more believable if ping pong balls were used?

Where has the transparency gone? They are just gonna tell you how things turned out. Embrace the shenanigans.

Name:  5E7C7881-D440-40FC-A18A-4AA59659D65A.png
Views: 267
Size:  1.88 MB

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Wow. NO getting Zion definitely makes things real weird as far as maybe them keeping Davis.

Of course I have no optimism Lakers are gonna do anything useful with #4.

Load Metric
    Linda Rambis & Jeanie Buss are prolly talking about it over a glass of Pinot

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Linda Rambis & Jeanie Buss are prolly talking about it over a glass of Pinot
    More like on the phone with Lebron asking him what to do next....
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Portland had a 17-point lead, but the Warriors did their usual 3rd quarter fuckery and actualy took a 5 point lead.

65-50 Portand at halftime became 87-82 Warriors in late 3Q, a 37-17 run.

However, Warriors can't sink a bucket in the 4th, and are down 8 right now with 6:43 left.

Portland has to win this to keep their season (and my bet, which I didn't hedge) realistically alive.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    LOL Seth has been the better Curry in the 4th here.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Portland shit the bed. You don't blow an 8 point late 4th lead.

They're done.

Load Metric

They're done.

Sigh. Lillard just hasn’t been that good. Bigger problem is the bigs; Kanter gets roasted by a team like GSW and Zach Collins is toast against smart teams.

The fact that Meyers Leonard played 17 minutes in a WCF game says it all.

Warriors waltzed through the first half. I knew the third quarter burst was imminent.

Draymond is a lunatic but my god can that guy defend. Player of the game.

I like Durant but him being out makes the Warriors inordinately more fun. Really hope he moves on elsewhere.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

They're done.

Sigh. Lillard just hasn’t been that good. Bigger problem is the bigs; Kanter gets roasted by a team like GSW and Zach Collins is toast against smart teams.

Warriors waltzed through the first half. I knew the third quarter burst was imminent.

I like Durant but him being out makes the Warriors inordinately more fun. Really hope he moves on elsewhere.
    Lillard wasn't good during the Denver series, either.

He's had his chance to shine ever since the big shot in OKC, and he just hasn't played well.

The Warriors just crush souls in the 3rd quarter, especially in the postseason. I've never seen a team which can come back so easily in the postseason when down more than 15 points.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Lillard wasn't good during the Denver series, either.

He's had his chance to shine ever since the big shot in OKC, and he just hasn't played well.

The Warriors just crush souls in the 3rd quarter, especially in the postseason. I've never seen a team which can come back so easily in the postseason when down more than 15 points.
    I watched with a group of coworkers, and when it went to the half I said "welp, tie game basically, not bad for the Blazers"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Turns out these Conference Finals are pretty boring.

Looking like the Bucks and the Warriors are going to crush -- exactly what everyone expected before the first round even started.

At least the Finals should be interesting.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Raptors can't hang here they might grab a game at home and same with the Blazers but I sort of expect both series to end in 5.

Thread Information