Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2018-19 thread

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BankNoteABlaze View Post
    I don't like the Warriors to win it all, even before the KD injury. They will get by the Rockets but I think the easy money is on the Wolves.
    Bucks?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BankNoteABlaze View Post
    I don't like the Warriors to win it all, even before the KD injury. They will get by the Rockets but I think the easy money is on the Wolves.
    Bucks?
    Thank you.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I’m holding a Bucks Championship ticket but still...

I would love to watch The Beard vs The Greek Freak in the Finals as a fan.

There has been the season long MVP debate. As much as anything it is a referendum on style of play.

I really haven’t watched more than 10 cumulative minutes of the playoffs yet but I’d be locked in on Bucks Rockets money aside

Im sitting on an Eastern Championship ticket with the Bucks. Made a drunken homer bet in November when they sat at 12-1 (Celts, Raptors and Sixers were shorter) to win the East... Been a hoot cheering it on, entertainment value and odds value make for a good ol time. Putting in a slight hedge if the Raptors are the opponent.

Comments

Sanlmar: Rarely does a homer bet win but hope you pull it out

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Give 'Em Hell Ernie Rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    simp, I saw you didn't bet on your own Raptors today, and instead took the under (good job on both, btw).

Do you think the Raptors are going to shit the bed again?

They definitely have the history -- and not just because of Lebron.

Yeah, yeah, I know... Kawhi, blah blah.

But if the don't pull out Game 7 and lose to the 76ers, I don't know if they'll ever recover in the coming years.

At least losing to the Bucks would be respectable.

Load Metric
    Lakers joke of the day

Kurt Rambis and his wife Linda are advising the Lakers on their coaching search, which, again, is like hiring Ja Rule to run your next music festival
    Linda Rambis?

More please.

Load Metric
    What a joke Houston. That was, in all likelihood, their last shot at this thing. Paul finally has a good game, Curry scoreless at half, and you still lose at home? Enjoy paying Paul that last $124 million over the next three years when he’s already in steep decline. That was a franchise- altering loss.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    What a joke Houston. That was, in all likelihood, their last shot at this thing. Paul finally has a good game, Curry scoreless at half, and you still lose at home? Enjoy paying Paul that last $124 million over the next three years when he’s already in steep decline. That was a franchise- altering loss.
    The current iteration of this franchise has no heart and just seems to wilt when under pressure, or when it looks like they might finally get over.

This isn't surprising at all.

I'm just regretting I didn't fire on the Warriors moneyline, because there was some value there. I've just gotten hesitant to bet on NBA playoffs at this point, given the much increased difficulty compared to the regular season.

If Portland wins tomorrow, I'll have to decide what I want to do about my Portland +2000 Western Conference bet, and my +4150 Bucks/Blazers finals matchup bet.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    The current iteration of this franchise has no heart and just seems to wilt when under pressure, or when it looks like they might finally get over.

This isn't surprising at all.

I'm just regretting I didn't fire on the Warriors moneyline, because there was some value there. I've just gotten hesitant to bet on NBA playoffs at this point, given the much increased difficulty compared to the regular season.

If Portland wins tomorrow, I'll have to decide what I want to do about my Portland +2000 Western Conference bet, and my +4150 Bucks/Blazers finals matchup bet.
    GSW were 3-1 on Betfair. Could not help myself at those overs.

Wasn't confident they would win, but thought it was a 60-40% at worse.

I usually bet between one and five units... shame this was just one unit but still a good result.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Rockets fans now angry at owner Tilman Fertitta for not keeping Trevor Ariza, in attempt to keep under the salary cap.

This is the same guy who wants to do a merger with Caesars, btw.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Rockets fans now angry at owner Tilman Fertitta for not keeping Trevor Ariza, in attempt to keep under the salary cap.

This is the same guy who wants to do a merger with Caesars, btw.
    The way I understand it the suns offered Ariza WAY too much money. In that spot really hard for Rockets to compete monetarily with a tanking team with all young players that can throw as much money at Ariza as they wanted. Why exactly they even wanted to pay him that much I dont know. Maybe they needed to to hit a minimum salary cap.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Maybe this belongs in the NBA 2019-20 thread, but the Lakers have decided to hire Frank Vogel is their new coach.

Jason Kidd is to be on the staff, presumably to help Lonzo Ball turn around his disappointing early career.

To show how far the Lakers have fallen, Tyronn Lue and Monty Williams already declined the Lakers' offers to become coach.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ers-kidd-staff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Blazers down 17 early.

Coming into the end of the 3rd, they took a 71-70 lead.

72-71 Denver after 3.

GO BLAZERS

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Now do I hedge?

McCollum has been spectacular. If he keeps playing like this, and if Lillard plays well, they have a shot at beating the Warriors if Durant doesn't come back.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Betonline has Warriors -510 for the series.

Ugh. I was afraid of something like that.

So basically I could cash out the Blazers at +400 or so at this point.

There's also the other bet (half as big) for +4150 for Bucks/Blazers in the finals

Hmmm... do I gamble?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Betonline has Warriors -510 for the series.

Ugh. I was afraid of something like that.

So basically I could cash out the Blazers at +400 or so at this point.

There's also the other bet (half as big) for +4150 for Bucks/Blazers in the finals

Hmmm... do I gamble?

It all depends how risky you want to get. Their is nothing like the great story and feeling that comes with hitting a long future bet where you let it ride without hedging and win.

Durant's health is huge but if the Warriors take care of business the first two games at home without him then it will be very difficult for the Blazers to turn it around whether he comes back or not.

These teams did split the regular season series but this is the only time of year that matters.

What sucks is if you think the line will go down with people taking a flyer on the Blazers because of Durant's health where it gets to +350 or +325 before the series making you wish you would lock it in now.

I know they said Durant would be re-evaluated early in the week so that could be as soon as tomorrow which could give that bad line movement for you.

Reports I've read so far all said that Game 4 or 5 he could be back. Obviously if the Warriors are up 3-1 they just rest him until a game 6 or 7 because their usually a nice little break before the finals start.

The feel good story here would be that you don't hedge but I'm not sure how smart that is with the Warriors experience versus Blazers inexperience.

Load Metric
    Kawhi Leonard.

‘Nuff said

Load Metric

Now do I hedge?

McCollum has been spectacular. If he keeps playing like this, and if Lillard plays well, they have a shot at beating the Warriors if Durant doesn't come back.
    As a huge Blazers fan...yes, hedge.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Now do I hedge?

As a huge Blazers fan...yes, hedge.

But yeah I'd hedge also. I thought they'd lose to the fucking Thunder.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Without Durant I don't see the Warriors as having that big an edge over the Blazers. Lilliard normally plays very well against Curry, and often outplays him head to head, especially in Oakland where he is from.

So lets say Curry + Klay = McCollum + Lilliard

-So for the rest of the impact players you have Green + Iguadola + Looney + Livingston vs. some combination of Kanter + Curry + Collins + Hood + Aminu + Turner + Harkless (I really don't know what the Blazers are going to do with their rotation).

It doesn't look that lopsided on paper with Durant not part of the equation.

Edit: I didn't watch the early game. I just read that Hood has a bum knee, so that could be bad.
    Last edited by ErickAA; 05-12-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    beilein to the cavs...interesting hire there...guy was really successful at west va and Michigan...will be interesting to see how he translates to the NBA...

Thread Information