Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2018-19 thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Good news for Portland is that everyone in the west is dysfunctional right now.

Look what the Clippers did to Golden State with that insane comeback, and now they win game 5 in Oakland down 3-1. And this is the fucking Clippers -- not a team expected to really contend.

In the meantime, Houston has been inconsistent shit. Even tonight's victory was a struggle. It's been awhile since I've seen a team up 3-0 in the first round struggle so badly to close it out.

Denver was actually a dog to the Spurs at one point this series.

So yeah, if Porltand plays well, they can shock everyone and win the West.

Will they get past the Bucks? That might be a different story.

A futures bet on the Blazers to win the West might not be a bad idea right now.

As much as I’d love Portland to get there, I’d be absolutely shocked if the Rockets or GS don’t win it all. I think Houston may get GS. The Jazz get you out of your game better than anyone in the league, and they still made fairly easy work out of a tough opponent.
    Portland will get dusted by Warriors or Rockets imo.

With respect to CJ, Nurkic was their second best player all year. Their bench is super hit or miss with their back up bigs being a green Zach Collins and a bad Meyers Leonard

Dame is ever better than people think imo - aside from CJ and Nurk (and kind of Aminu), the rest of the team is pretty trash.

Have never heard the gay rumors that Druff alluded to. I do remember gay rumors about Westbrook from way back.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Truthfully, we both know it’s gonna get much worse. The surprise that comes with “how” will be the best part.
    Magic quit b/c that bird brain Jeanie Buss was CC’ing Magic in error on critical conversations.

Inept. Funny but inept.

“My understanding is that there were some emails that were exchanged between Rob and Jeanie…about Magic and about what Magic was and wasn’t doing. They were critical emails. And somehow, someway, Jeanie, from what I understand, was CC’ing or blind CC’ing Magic on everything. That was sort of protocol. Standard issue.
    Oh, it gets even more amazing. It’s like a perpetual motion machine of fail. Tyrone Lue from Cleveland is being interviewed. Maybe we get Kyrie & Love.

Remember Druff talking about playoff mode 2 months ago? I do. Lol. No clue fanboy.

I reread your post a couple time BCR. Had to be said

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Watching 3OT in Portland right now.

These two teams both know the loser here probably loses the series.

Go Blazers

Comments

BCR: Lets play 4! Unreal game

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    4th OT coming up!

What a game!

You can tell these guys are all tired as they should be but considering 63 minutes have been played scoring is actually low (129-129) in this day in age of the NBA.

Comments

DirtyErnie:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Denver's last possession in 3OT was absolutely brutal.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Tough miss for Jokic at the line.

A guy his size playing 65 minutes is insane.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I wonder if someone like Jokic is going to be affected for the next game, having played 65 minutes and coming back in 2 days.

Rodney Hood is the hero, making those shots in 4 OT, including that three.

I still don't think this team can beat the Warriors, but my prop bets hope they can.

Load Metric
    I can’t believe that masterpiece ended with milsap half-assing the baseball throw disinterested. There was 3 seconds left. Time for turn, gather, and shoot. I was in bed watching on my phone. Was that as lazy as it looked? Hopefully sloppy joe caught this game.

Load Metric
    I wonder if someone like Jokic is going to be affected for the next game, having played 65 minutes and coming back in 2 days.

I still don't think this team can beat the Warriors, but my prop bets hope they can.

Pro sports are crazy in that Hood couldn’t be playing in more meaningless games than he was a few
    months back in Cleveland. Jockeying for lottery position in obscurity to drilling daggers in 4 OT playoff classic. I always love that dynamic for players. Happens a lot in baseball after a 100 loss team ships a dude in a firesale and he ends up pitching the 8th inning in the World Series after playing for some shit team all year and I always wonder what’s going on in their head.

Load Metric
    That game was nuts. Jokic looked completely dead at the end. I don't think he'll be 100% by the 4pm sunday tipoff.

Hood was such an underrated deadline pickup, exactly what the blazers needed. Turner is/was a dogshit 6th man...the classic "just another guy" you love to have on your team in YMCA pickup games, can't shoot but will hustle and play passable D, but not the guy for a 4OT playoff game. Hood is just who you want.

Load Metric
    realllly wishing the sixers traded ben simmons for anthony davis or literally anything right about now

Platinum
    Load Metric

Pro sports are crazy in that Hood couldn’t be playing in more meaningless games than he was a few
    months back in Cleveland. Jockeying for lottery position in obscurity to drilling daggers in 4 OT playoff classic. I always love that dynamic for players. Happens a lot in baseball after a 100 loss team ships a dude in a firesale and he ends up pitching the 8th inning in the World Series after playing for some shit team all year and I always wonder what’s going on in their head.
    He had some moments in Utah when he got to play because of injury to other players. It just didn't work at all in Cleveland, for whatever reason.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

He had some moments in Utah when he got to play because of injury to other players. It just didn't work at all in Cleveland, for whatever reason.
    The funny part is when the Cavs got him every Utah fan told me, trust me, you’ll hate him, he sucks. I thought it was sour grapes because I swore he had like 24 points of 6/8 3 point shooting and killed us every time we played Utah. Sure enough, he sucked. He’d have a game and then suck the next ten and also had a bad attitude. Maybe he’s finally found a home or maybe Portland fans will be posting they hate him in two years. Time will tell.
    Could never tell why he stunk. He had all the tools to be a great player, he just wasn’t.

Load Metric
    The Boston fans boo’d the Celtics after the last loss. Let’s be honest, they weren’t boo’ing Tatum or Horford.

It is most everyone’s fervent hope that Kyrie has played his last Boston home game. Ship him off to LA where the old band is being reunited.

Kyrie was a detriment in the locker room. Team chemistry. The kids hated his condescending/LeBron-like ego.

The kids? Hell, I wanted to reach into my tv and choke the fuckwad out. Sure the NBA playoff ratings are down. I’m not watching the Celts and that failure.

He and LeBron had conversations and Kyrie claimed all was forgiven. Let us pray.

If he ends up in NY after all the Knick fiascos - well that would be amazing & stupid.

No Boston slam? Celtics never had a shot. No tears

Comments

Muck Ficon: Nailed it

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Kevin Durant injury tonight didn't look good but Warriors were able to step up at home.

Steve Kerr in the press conference saying "Our guys are fucking giants" was funny.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sorry simp, but the Raptors are going to come up short in the playoffs again.

They'll win this round, but it's the Bucks' year.

At least it's their year in the east. Probably beyond that if Durant doesn't come back.

I'm sad to say that the Blazers are almost surely dead by this point.

Had they won game 4, they would have won the series. When they let that one go, I knew it was over.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh and if Durant doesn't come back, Denver could actually sneak into the Finals. Which would be kinda gross, because this team is so inconsistent and doesn't deserve it.

But they were lucky enough to draw the Blazers instead of the Rockets, and then Durant gets hurt and the Warriors are up 3-2. So if the Warriors can win 1 of the next 2, Denver actually will have a chance to beat them if Durant doesn't return.

This would be a great scenario for the team out of the east, obviously.

Load Metric
    Druff we don't have to play Lebron so we're ok.

Giannis??, we have the best player Leonard.

Every other position I would take the Raptors.

Where's the huge advantage for them over the Raptors? I guess the fact that game 7 is played on their court, but that's about it.

Celtics only had Irving/Horford. I think the Raptors would have beat them 4-1 as well.

Load Metric
    I’m holding a Bucks Championship ticket but still...

I would love to watch The Beard vs The Greek Freak in the Finals as a fan.

There has been the season long MVP debate. As much as anything it is a referendum on style of play.

I really haven’t watched more than 10 cumulative minutes of the playoffs yet but I’d be locked in on Bucks Rockets money aside

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I don't like the Warriors to win it all, even before the KD injury. They will get by the Rockets but I think the easy money is on the Bucks.
    Last edited by BankNoteABlaze; 05-09-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Thread Information