Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can Mumblesbadly stop being a fat fuck???

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    It’s the first time in the course of human history that more people are dying as a result of what they are doing to themselves as opposed to what someone else has done to them.

Put another way, more people are dying from eating too much as opposed to not enough for the first time since man learned to walk upright.
    Really, I can understand if you're living the States you might think this but do you have numbers to back this up?
    I'll be content with a thumbs up from Mintjewlips

Last edited by limitles; 12-07-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Load Metric
    Name:  AE14FA1D-11E2-45A3-BE83-3F9C1532C95A.jpeg
Views: 369
Size:  46.6 KB

P.S. I’ve lost 30 pounds since October 19th of this year. That’s a loss of over 0.5 pounds per day. And it was done mostly due to my diet, as I’ve exercised only somewhat during that period. The two biggest changes to my diet is cutting carbs and total calories. 70 more lbs to go!

Comments

badguy23: good shit mumbles
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 12-10-2018 at 11:14 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Keep it up.

32 was the first year that my metabolism could no longer handle me eating anything and not gaining weight so long as I ran.

I quit eating overtly sugary stuff and found that I get fuller, faster and snack much less between meals. Sugar is the devil.

Comments

MumblesBadly: My weakness was chips of any kind. Now I munch on cucumbers. Lots and lots of cucumbers.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Name:  E119781E-466B-4E0F-AA03-969569192496.jpeg
Views: 330
Size:  37.2 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mumbles, you might want to slow down a bit.

It's actually not healthy for your liver and other organs to lose weight too fast. You also might be losing the weight in undesirable ways, such as water weight or lean muscle. You have lost 32 pounds in 8 weeks, which is an average of 4 pounds per week. It's suggested you shoot for 2 pounds per week. The fact that you started off at 300 means it's not as bad to lose weight quickly, but still, you probably shouldn't try to lose more than 3 pounds per week.

When I lost 17 pounds in the first two weeks, that wasn't a healthy thing to do, but it was uncontrolled so I couldn't stop it. Yours is controlled, so maybe slow down.

In any case, you are doing a great job so far with getting your weight down, so definitely keep it up -- just maybe have that extra dessert once in awhile to slow the weight loss a bit.

Load Metric
    Thread should be renamed to "Mumbles gets aids".....

Comments

splitthis: From lot lizards

Tellafriend: One time.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    I disagree with the idea mumbles is losing weight "too fast," and I disagree even more strongly that losing water weight is somehow undesirable. Please explain your rationale for both of these, druff.

Comments

splitthis: True

Load Metric
    He is now doing one to 2 lbs a week which is healthy, the initial loss is usually high.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I disagree with the idea mumbles is losing weight "too fast," and I disagree even more strongly that losing water weight is somehow undesirable. Please explain your rationale for both of these, druff.
    Druff doesn’t really believe or care that Mumbles is losing weight too fast. Essentially that was just the chosen Segway to make this thread about him.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: Druff probably cares about Mumbles, but Druff does talk alot about himself...i rec he works on his style
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    He is now doing one to 2 lbs a week which is healthy, the initial loss is usually high.
    correct...as long as enough protein is consumed to maintain organs and muscle, plus vitamins to ensure system functions correctly, he should be okay...that may make for dull tasting food, but the body should be able to use the energy stored in fat to make up for the excess of energy used over energy taken in by diet...around 55-60 grams protein is the RDA for the average male
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    My initial weight loss probably was a lot of water weight due to the high salt diet I had prior, which included snacking often on salted popcorn and dill pickles. I cut almost all added salt to my diet, except what is in store-bought lentil soup, baked beans, and turkey sausage patties.

I’m not worried about being undernourished. I’m eating a lot of fresh green daily, very little of which is the mostly worthless iceberg lettuce), and get a lot of protein from lentil soup, baked beans, eggs, turkey, chicken, pork. Also, I usually have 2 pieces of fruit per day, such as apples, pears, and the occassional 1/2 banana. And for a frequent munching snacks, I eat two to three cucumbers and 1/4-1/3 cup of mixed nuts per day, occasionally splurging to 1/2 cup.

And the great thing is that I am not often tempted to eat crappy foods. I found that the cukes are the best way for me to get a crunchy snack in a pinch when I want to eat *something* just ot be munching, but I’ve also taken to munching on the spinach/spring mix without anything else added.

Lastly, when having a meal, I don’t have seconds of anything. One plate, not overloaded either, with reasonable amounts of the various items. And if I still feel like munching an hour or so afterwards, I resort to a cuke, and the mixed nuts.

That, folks, is how I’ve lost the weight. And I can easily see myself continuing it. Because damn being overweight. Damn it all to hell.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Water weight is not "real" weight loss, and it comes back incredibly easily.

Water weight is responsible for the natural fluctuation in your weight within the same day (or from day to day). It's why standing on the scale and seeing you're 3 pounds lighter (or heavier) than the day before is meaningless.

If you've lost a bunch of weight, but most of it was water weight and lean muscle tissue, you haven't accomplished very much, and in fact may have harmed yourself in the process.

The only exception to this is if you really are holding extra water weight. Then it's correct to lose it. Most people who need to lose weight actually need to drop excess fat, not water weight.

Dropping weight too fast can cause muscle loss, nutritional deficiencies, gallstones, liver problems, and other issues.

When I talk about my own weight loss (cue jsearles saying I'm making the thread about me), I state that I didn't lose water weight, but my situation was unusual. My metabolism spiked super high due to heavy anxiety, which along with a low appetite, burnt fat stores off at a very rapid rate. That's why my weight has not come back since it stabilized -- it was a real loss of fat which burnt off. But it was still unhealthy, as it was so rapid that it might have caused long term harm.

Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    I agree that 1-2 pounds per week is a healthy amount to lose.

I am just saying that 32 pounds in 8 weeks is on the fast side, even for someone who started out as 300. If he had lost 25 instead of 32, I would say it was fine. He's just a little bit too fast. If he's now going down 1-2 per week steadily, then he's ok.

Load Metric
    Druff, if I was retaining water because of a high sodium diet, which I certainly was given how much I was muching on a lot of salty foods, losing water because of reduced salt intake is good as long as one continues to have good amount of water from foods and liquids daily, which I have been doing.

The water weight loss that is not sustainable is what China did in the last few days of his challenge. I haven’t been doing that and have no intention. In fact, I keep a tall water bottle filled and nearby to regularly sip from as a substitute for some snacking.

Name:  5BE801DF-851D-46D0-942D-471B545B5AEA.jpeg
Views: 241
Size:  54.9 KB

And cukes and soup have a lot a water, so I am not starving myself of H2O.

Load Metric
    Yeah, the 2-3 lb up and down of weight during the day is not what anyone means when they say "water weight." It's about the water that is binded to the body's glycogen stores, which is what the body burns thru before it starts burning fat. As long as he doesn't go back to eating shitty processed foods and carbs, that weight ain't coming back anytime soon.

Druff, when you say (bragging, almost?) you lost 17 lbs but none of it was water weight, I hate to tell you this, but that's really not possible. Just like with everyone else in the world, it was the first bunch of lbs you lost, because that's how the body works, and the reason you haven't gained it back is because you changed your diet significantly and haven't been eating shitty like you did before.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Science FTW

Load Metric
    That greasy scuffed up bottle of water lol, it's not a reusable bottle you bad imitation of sling blade....kudos for cutting your dirty nails....finally.....

Comments

sonatine: pretty fucking solid stuff

splitthis: I had to lol

big dick: LOL

Load Metric
    On the plus side, getting cancer from reusing the same plastic bottle will result in dramatic weight loss....so maybe you will keep it off after all....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    That greasy scuffed up bottle of water lol, it's not a reusable bottle you bad imitation of sling blade....kudos for cutting your dirty nails....finally.....

did you notice its a picture he got off facebook?

meaning hes farming for attention there as well.

cant make this stuff up.

Comments

splitthis: Being hungry makes u crazy

MumblesBadly: ‘Cause you were kind enough to let me grab it off your account.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Another sign of progress to date: My blood sugar this morning was 81, down from regularly in the high 120s before losing weight if I also didn’t eat many carbs the day before. I’m still on 1000mgx2 of Metformin and 7.5mg of Glipicide and not due for another A1C for another 6 weeks. My last one (in mid October) was 6.7. I want to be completely off these Type II meds by end of next year.

Load Metric
    Good job bud. Keep up the good work. I finally got my weight under control and am right where I want to be finally. Although recently haven't been losing weight as much since I started lifting weights again but can tell a huge difference in my body.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Thx

Load Metric
    Name:  FE23EC28-6BA0-4B7A-874C-59ADBB57E5B4.jpeg
Views: 430
Size:  32.5 KB

Thread Information