Thread: Septoplasty

Load Metric

Septoplasty

Anyone ever had one of these? I havent been able to breathe for over a year so I finally sucked it up and did the surgery....I had hernia surgery before where I had to ice my balls and I swear Id take 5 of those surgeries over this shit, getting my splints out tomorrow but between the watery eyes, mouth breathing, and congestion anyone considering this should be prepared for a shitty few days post-op.

Load Metric
    Name:  a943c88c18c9f9e019fcb8c2e03edbb2.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  113.9 KB

ouch

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: rectum rep

Load Metric
    Were you awake for the procedure?

Load Metric
    hell no. woke up in moderate pain, fucker sent me off with one 5 mg perc and said alternate tylenol and advil, gee thanks doc goddamn opiod crisis f'd up everything

back in the day I could of at least milked that for 30 tylenol with codeines

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I believe I have a deviated septum. There is some chance that it is complicating my LPR problem, but there's no way it could be the sole cause, as the problem abruptly started in August 2018.

My father also has a deviated septum, so I probably inherited it from him.

He actually tried nasal strips when going to sleep, and said they were great. However, I don't snore at all, so I don't really feel like bothering with them.

Thanks for talking me out of this surgery, though. Not that I was going to do it anyway. I hate the idea of surgery in general.

Load Metric
    may have spoke too soon, just got my splints out and if you can make it past the first week holy fuck my nose feels great. Breathing freely for the first time in AGES

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I believe I have a deviated septum. There is some chance that it is complicating my LPR problem, but there's no way it could be the sole cause, as the problem abruptly started in August 2018.

He actually tried nasal strips when going to sleep, and said they were great. However, I don't snore at all, so I don't really feel like bothering with them.

Thanks for talking me out of this surgery, though. Not that I was going to do it anyway. I hate the idea of surgery in general.
    I have the deviated septum and was scared off the surgery years ago from hearing about the hellish aftermath.
    I didn't know it was possible to inherit it. Got mine from a broken nose. Gang fight

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeMeth View Post
    Anyone ever had one of these? I havent been able to breathe for over a year so I finally sucked it up and did the surgery....I had hernia surgery before where I had to ice my balls and I swear Id take 5 of those surgeries over this shit, getting my splints out tomorrow but between the watery eyes, mouth breathing, and congestion anyone considering this should be prepared for a shitty few days post-op.
    My wife was supposed to have hers done a couple years ago but got put off due ot a case of double pneumonia then other shit interfered.. I know its still going ot be done sometime due to it seriously affects her sleep apnea at night by pretty much cutting off her air supply on one side of her nose..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeMeth View Post
    My wife was supposed to have hers done a couple years ago but got put off due ot a case of double pneumonia then other shit interfered.. I know its still going ot be done sometime due to it seriously affects her sleep apnea at night by pretty much cutting off her air supply on one side of her nose..

first few days were a bitch, week plus later Im actually starting to feel a little better. Still havent regained sense of taste or smell, internet claims it takes about 2/3 weeks post op

Load Metric
    meant to green rep duped post

Comments

duped_samaritan: <3
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 01-26-2019 at 08:21 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

THIS ISN'T YOUR THREAD DRUFF

Thread Information