Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    It’s funny, this story popped up in my local rag a few days back and was roundly applauded by parents. An individual school taking the unprecedented step to ban ridiculously expensive coats in order to prevent bullying.

It isn’t a new law passed through parliament, it is ONE school taking a proactive measure to help vulnerable kids. What’s not to like?

But good to see Alt-right Americans be all offended about jackets in a UK school while there own schools be like...

And we hardly hear a peep from the cunts when this shit happens.

I don’t even know why it’s controversial or considered liberal. I guess because it’s Europe, thus it has to be bad, despite it being practiced here for decades, generally by conservative religious schools. Every Catholic school kid grew up under these rules that I ever knew. For exactly the same reason they are employing it there. To not make less privileged kids feel badly. Parents having one less thing to worry about, and kids being more focused on school work and less focused on worrying about what other kids are saying and mocking strikes me as just fundamentally sound thinking. Even critics of catholic school when I grew up thought they had that part right. It’s substance over style. There was a time conservatism prided itself on thinking like that. I don’t know wtf this new hybrid conservatism is other than parents angry that their kid can’t win a dick waving contest with some shit they bought.
    How long until they ban buying / bringing your own lunch, and put everyone on the free gruel lunch program?

After all, it's only the next logical step to making things "even" after controlling what they think and wear.

Load Metric
    It’s funny, this story popped up in my local rag a few days back and was roundly applauded by parents. An individual school taking the unprecedented step to ban ridiculously expensive coats in order to prevent bullying.

It isn’t a new law passed through parliament, it is ONE school taking a proactive measure to help vulnerable kids. What’s not to like?

But good to see Alt-right Americans be all offended about jackets in a UK school while there own schools be like...

And we hardly hear a peep from the cunts when this shit happens.

I don’t even know why it’s controversial or considered liberal. I guess because it’s Europe, thus it has to be bad, despite it being practiced here for decades, generally by conservative religious schools. Every Catholic school kid grew up under these rules that I ever knew. For exactly the same reason they are employing it there. To not make less privileged kids feel badly. Parents having one less thing to worry about, and kids being more focused on school work and less focused on worrying about what other kids are saying and mocking strikes me as just fundamentally sound thinking. Even critics of catholic school when I grew up thought they had that part right. It’s substance over style. There was a time conservatism prided itself on thinking like that. I don’t know wtf this new hybrid conservatism is other than parents angry that their kid can’t win a dick waving contest with some shit they bought.

So the biggest nothingburger evermore is something that's been practised across the US for years anyway? Incredible

The sad part is that millions of these idiots will sit around the family dinner table this afternoon and discuss the further decline of Europe while blessing their lucky stars that Trump is protecting them from this crazy liberal shit... v12cl' post above says it all really.

And if you listen quietly you can actually hear bagadonuts waving a greasy chicken drumstick in the air explaining why Extreme Liberalism is killing America.

Comments

limitles: lol, could hear that drumstick from here

MumblesBadly: :lol2

tony bagadonuts: Almost never eat chicken on the bone but I lol'd so green for you
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Europe does it right

Silver
    Load Metric

So the biggest nothingburger evermore is something that's been practised across the US for years anyway? Incredible

The sad part is that millions of these idiots will sit around the family dinner table this afternoon and discuss the further decline of Europe while blessing their lucky stars that Trump is protecting them from this crazy liberal shit... v12cl' post above says it all really.

And if you listen quietly you can actually hear bagadonuts waving a greasy chicken drumstick in the air explaining why Extreme Liberalism is killing America.
    Practiced in Catholic schools mostly, the same place where you can get touched by a priest or taught life lessons by a know nothing nun. BTW, the parents of these kids vote Republican, they are the ones who can afford the tuition.

Our news is 95% stories of what Trump said or tweeted, we don't really get euro news, and nobody cares about Europe or talks about it around the dinner table, the same way you let US politics dominate 95% of your posts.

Thanks for supporting the Bush Wars btw, Tony Blair was an easy mark. Enjoy your Muslim immigrants, we will keep our Mexicans.

Load Metric

In America, it’s generally a school uniform in religious schools, for exactly the same reasons. So not exactly the same, but a difference without distinction given it’s for the exact same reason.

You also see it in some high end private schools, where the uniform is some status symbol unto itself, but that’s different than this. I think that’s pretty prevalent where private schools are the only good schools.

I’ve just known a lot of parents who already struggle financially to barely be able to move into a zip code with a better school fret over school clothes. It’s not just clothes, but that’s the most common complaint. I’ve seen parents stress about it come August every damn year for a decade or more when they have multiple kids. It just seems totally insane.

Sure, in some make believe ideal world they kick every bully out of school, but that’s not the real world. And do you want higher taxes and bully police in schools? You want the kid already struggling socially to kill 8 people when he has had enough and can’t leave it at school with social media? Just seems retarded. I can’t see an argument why uniforms aren’t the more logical choice?

I’ve also heard parents that won’t move for the same reason, that they don’t want their kids subjected to that. Not just clothes, but all of it. Clothes, cars, vacations, etc

You can solve the clothes dilemma, which is the every day issue. If you’re a parent already struggling, spending that money on something else necessary s less wasteful than spending it on high end clothes so they don’t get picked on. A $700 jacket for a teenager is not a necessity, and wasteful, and that used to be what conservatives were all about.

Either way, it’s not really a conservative v liberal debate. You’d have advocates for it split equally among both parties. It was always the Catholic schools here.

You can’t make the world fair and even but that seems a retarded hill to die on when uniforms just make life easier on everyone.

I don’t even have kids so idgaf, it’s not like it’s a me problem, but to hear it termed “extreme liberalism” is amusing considering I only ever saw religious people arguing on behalf of it growing up. It’s an even better idea now with kids never unplugging and truly being away from it at home.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Solid take
    Last edited by BCR; 11-18-2018 at 01:38 PM.

Load Metric

In America, it’s generally a school uniform in religious schools, for exactly the same reasons. So not exactly the same, but a difference without distinction given it’s for the exact same reason.

You also see it in some high end private schools, where the uniform is some status symbol unto itself, but that’s different than this. I think that’s pretty prevalent where private schools are the only good schools.

I’ve just known a lot of parents who already struggle financially to barely be able to move into a zip code with a better school fret over school clothes. It’s not just clothes, but that’s the most common complaint. I’ve seen parents stress about it come August every damn year for a decade or more when they have multiple kids. It just seems totally insane.

Sure, in some make believe ideal world they kick every bully out of school, but that’s not the real world. And do you want higher taxes and bully police in schools? You want the kid already struggling socially to kill 8 people when he has had enough and can’t leave it at school with social media? Just seems retarded. I can’t see an argument why uniforms aren’t the more logical choice?

I’ve also heard parents that won’t move for the same reason, that they don’t want their kids subjected to that. Not just clothes, but all of it. Clothes, cars, vacations, etc

You can solve the clothes dilemma, which is the every day issue. If you’re a parent already struggling, spending that money on something else necessary s less wasteful than spending it on high end clothes so they don’t get picked on. A $700 jacket for a teenager is not a necessity, and wasteful, and that used to be what conservatives were all about.

Either way, it’s not really a conservative v liberal debate. You’d have advocates for it split equally among both parties. It was always the Catholic schools here.

You can’t make the world fair and even but that seems a retarded hill to die on when uniforms just make life easier on everyone.

I don’t even have kids so idgaf, it’s not like it’s a me problem, but to hear it termed “extreme liberalism” is amusing considering I only ever saw religious people arguing on behalf of it growing up. It’s an even bette idea now than then with kids never unplugging and truly being away from it at home.

Every school kid In England has always had to wear a uniform. Growing up we'd watch American movies with total jealousy at the kids wearing whatever they liked to school. Fucking cars too, haha. We all wanted to be you.

But thinking about it now, I can only imagine the fashion war which 90% of parents couldn't afford to participate in. The poor kids wearing cheap trainers would've not even shown up for school, their lives woulda been made hell.

Rich kids would've had their trainers either stolen or trashed.

So yeah, do it for the... parents, America.

Comments

MumblesBadly: “Be gone with your anti-consumerism crusade! Love live conspicuous consumption!”

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post

Practiced in Catholic schools mostly, the same place where you can get touched by a priest or taught life lessons by a know nothing nun. BTW, the parents of these kids vote Republican, they are the ones who can afford the tuition.

Our news is 95% stories of what Trump said or tweeted, we don't really get euro news, and nobody cares about Europe or talks about it around the dinner table, the same way you let US politics dominate 95% of your posts.

Thanks for supporting the Bush Wars btw, Tony Blair was an easy mark. Enjoy your Muslim immigrants, we will keep our Mexicans.

Look at this soft cunt. Over 100,000 American soldiers have needlessly died as a direct result of Bush' wars.

You and your retard country deserve each other.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Lord of the Fraud how about I report you to the bobbies for saying the R word huh

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: bobbies

Username: In a pile of coal, you are a diamond.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Extreme anything is pretty much a bad idea by definition.

As far as what we call liberalism, which isn't really liberalism, once you understand that the people who promote it the strongest are the ones that benefit the most from it, or at least think they are benefitting the most, are the ones pushing it then it makes perfect sense. It isn't good for the rest of us, but it isn't supposed to be.

You could of course say the same thing for modern US conservatism, and it would be even more true.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Where I'm from any kid wearing a $700.00 jacket to school would not be wearing it home

Not to mention any parent buying their kid a jacket worth that much is a fool and allowing them to flaunt it shows how shallow and unaware they are.
    And what’s your point? They’re stupid for buying their kids expensive jackets (in your opinion)? So what.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly
    Every public school i know of bans certain types of clothing. This is so not controversial its ridiculous.
    The only experience I have with clothes being banned from public schools is either due to gang stuff, violence, or too revealing (EG: girl wearing super short dress or something). That’s totally different than banning “too expensive” clothes in an attempt to stop bullying. Like wtf who even thinks that’s a good idea?

IMO those parents should buy even more expensive shit for their kids and send them to school in that, assuming they can afford it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I don't really see why a British school banning kids wearing expensive jackets is much of a story at all, especially here.

For pretty much the same reasons a lot of US schools (especially in poorer areas) have moved towards standardized uniforms.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RS_ View Post
    And what’s your point? They’re stupid for buying their kids expensive jackets (in your opinion)? So what.

Every public school i know of bans certain types of clothing. This is so not controversial its ridiculous.
    The only experience I have with clothes being banned from public schools is either due to gang stuff, violence, or too revealing (EG: girl wearing super short dress or something). That’s totally different than banning “too expensive” clothes in an attempt to stop bullying. Like wtf who even thinks that’s a good idea?

IMO those parents should buy even more expensive shit for their kids and send them to school in that, assuming they can afford it.
    I got sent home from school in 3rd grade (private school) for wearing a “Frankie said relax,” T-shirt.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post

I got sent home from school in 3rd grade (private school) for wearing a “Frankie said relax,” T-shirt.

Spooky

Holly Johnson went to a school which was around 5 miles from the school which banned the jackets.

I know this because I was often sent to Holly's old school for being a little bastard. Was a horrible place. Very old building with high ceilings and wooden floors. Creepy as fuck.

Comments

Username: There are no such things as coincidences. <3

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Dog accused of hate crime in jolly old England

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-probed.html

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Europe does it right
    Were done here

U LIVE THERE U COMMIE FAGGOT!!!!!

Why did we ditch those ppl centuries ago, think it through talentless trash

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't like the "liberalism is a mental disorder" rhetoric, because it's divisive and creates an excuse to never listen to the other side.

The left has been putting derogatory labels on conservatives as a whole for years: Stupid, simple, evil, greedy, selfish, backward, religious nuts, etc.

Especially since Trump has been elected, I've seen tons of leftists basically say, "Anyone who supports a racist, sexist, awful man like that is evil, and is not worthy of being part of any conversation about politics", which in turn has greatly fueled the rapidly increasing hatred between the two sides.

One should never try to find a reason to dismiss the other political side as crazy/evil/stupid so you can justify not listening to their opinions. That will never lead to progress.

I don't believe liberals have a mental disorder. I do believe that some liberalism does sometimes spring from the need for certain people to alleviate guilt for being successful/comfortable. "I have so much and my life is good, but I see others suffering, and therefore I feel I don't deserve happiness. Oh wait, I bet if I vote Democrat and support left-wing causes, that means I'm helping the downtrodden! Okay! I just did something to alleviate the guilt. I really am a great person and do deserve happiness!"

The term is called slacktivism -- activism or support of "compassionate" political/social causes, where little effort or help is actually provided to the causes, and the main purpose is to make the person giving support to feel good about themselves.

Unfortunately, liberals have a hard time grasping that it is impossible for there to be complete equality in any society, and attempting to force that complete equality will result in all kinds of unintended negative side effects.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I don't like the "liberalism is a mental disorder" rhetoric, because it's divisive and creates an excuse to never listen to the other side.

The left has been putting derogatory labels on conservatives as a whole for years: Stupid, simple, evil, greedy, selfish, backward, religious nuts, etc.

Especially since Trump has been elected, I've seen tons of leftists basically say, "Anyone who supports a racist, sexist, awful man like that is evil, and is not worthy of being part of any conversation about politics", which in turn has greatly fueled the rapidly increasing hatred between the two sides.

One should never try to find a reason to dismiss the other political side as crazy/evil/stupid so you can justify not listening to their opinions. That will never lead to progress.

I don't believe liberals have a mental disorder. I do believe that some liberalism does sometimes spring from the need for certain people to alleviate guilt for being successful/comfortable. "I have so much and my life is good, but I see others suffering, and therefore I feel I don't deserve happiness. Oh wait, I bet if I vote Democrat and support left-wing causes, that means I'm helping the downtrodden! Okay! I just did something to alleviate the guilt. I really am a great person and do deserve happiness!"

The term is called slacktivism -- activism or support of "compassionate" political/social causes, where little effort or help is actually provided to the causes, and the main purpose is to make the person giving support to feel good about themselves.

Unfortunately, liberals have a hard time grasping that it is impossible for there to be complete equality in any society, and attempting to force that complete equality will result in all kinds of unintended negative side effects.
    so basically you're a sociopath.

Comments

Username: (.) (.)
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

What's the point in buying a kid a $700.00 jacket? They're typically much lower priced than that and the little shit won't appreciate, will probably leave it somewhere and will expect more of the same. Now if that's not reason enough go ahead and spoil little Tony but do not send the kid to school in it. You're putting a target on the kid's back (no pun intended) in a number of ways and it achieves nothing positive. It's shallow.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    What's the point in buying a kid a $700.00 jacket? They're typically much lower priced than that and the little shit won't appreciate, will probably leave it somewhere and will expect more of the same. Now if that's not reason enough go ahead and spoil little Tony but do not send the kid to school in it. You're putting a target on the kid's back (no pun intended) in a number of ways and it achieves nothing positive. It's shallow.
    What's that have to do with banning jackets? If parents want to be "stupid" and buy their kids expensive AF jackets, that's their prerogative. But they shouldn't be banned from being able to wear them to school.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Username: (.) (.)

Casinos usually ban obvious prostitutes, let's have a little integrity

Comments

duped_samaritan: (_*_) => (_o_) =>(_O_)

Thread Information