View Poll Results: What would you have done about Tammy at this point (read post before answering)?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Use this as an opportunity to agree with her & increase your chances of scoring

6 26.09%
  • Drop the subject, go out with Tammy, and see how it goes

12 52.17%
  • Make an excuse that you got sick, and stall for a week, while deciding what to do

0 0%
  • Make an excuse why you can't go, and then quietly stop talking to her

2 8.70%
  • Confront her about her actions with Tim and Pat, calling her out as a bullshitter

0 0%
  • Don't know / don't care

3 13.04%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YOU MAKE THE CALL: November 1988 - 16-year-old virgin with opportunity to date hot 18-year-old edition

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    I like druffs stories and most cock sucking mfkers on this site are either gay or not sophisticated like me.

caution!!! your phrasing is somewhat ambiguous -- it can be interpreted that you are claiming to be both gay and not sophisticated

it don't think you intended that my friend..

(but its okay if you did, i'll still like the stuff you post)
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    What's the worst that can happen? She uses you for a ride? Who gives a shit, gotta roll them bones.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well I planned to wait a few days before posting the rest of the story, but fuck it.

If you haven't voted, please go do so before reading below.

So, the overwhelming majority thus far favored dropping the matter and just attempting to date Tammy anyway.

I understand their reasoning:

1) The other BBS guys may have been ugly, and perhaps Tammy was just looking to go out and have fun with a normal looking dude. Since I was normal looking, she may have reacted to me differently, and I may have had a good time with her.

2) It wasn't really my business or concern regarding what happened with the other guys.

3) The downside was very limited. At worst, she would have ditched me too, and I simply would have driven home myself and gotten over it.

All of that makes sense.

However, I had three areas of concern at the time. First, I was only 16, and looked 16. I was afraid that upon seeing me in person (remember, she hadn't seen my picture yet), she would think of me as too young, and the date would be doomed from there. Second, and more importantly, I knew this was going to be my first date ever, and going into such a date with a reasonably high chance of failure/disaster just wasn't appealing to me. In later years, where it would have just been one of countless other dates I had been on in my life, I would have been more willing to say "why not" and give it a shot. Third, her dishonesty just didn't sit well with me. I knew she was lying about Tim and Pat. I could tell that they were giving me the true version of events, while Tammy wasn't. I didn't want to get involved with a liar. I did think about just ignoring the whole thing, going out with her, hoping to get some action, and then not taking her seriously for anything, but it just seemed like a shitty way to start everything. I decided just to steer clear.

I made this decision during that Thursday night phone call with Tammy, when she made that speech about how possessive all the BBS guys were. I thought to myself, "Okay, I don't really want to meet this girl anymore. Time to just make an excuse about tomorrow and get off the phone."

But the outspoken part of me couldn't keep quiet. I blurted out a response to her tirade with one of my own, clearly taking Tim and Pat's side.

"They're not being possessive. You need to understand, you led these guys on. You pretended to be interested in them. They got all excited, and then you abruptly ditched them, without even saying another word as to why. With Pat, I suspect you never liked him in the first place, and just used him for a ride home, because you had no way back after ditching Tim. I can totally see their point. Maybe you need to look at your part in this whole thing, and realize that maybe they actually do have a point."

There was shocked silence for a few seconds, and then she unloaded on me. Called me an asshole, told me I was just like them and that she was leaving the BBS forever, since all of us are so immature and possessive. She then hung up on me. The roller skating date wasn't officially cancelled, but obviously it wasn't going to be happening.

I sat there staring at the hung up phone.

"Did I just do that? Did I really just tell off a hot 18-year-old who wanted to go out with me tomorrow, because of what two other dudes said?"

I was surprised at myself, but looking back at the whole thing, I still believe it was one of the most surprisingly mature decisions I made in my teen years -- a time when many of my other decisions were far from mature.

I logged onto the BBS and private messaged Tim.

"Yeah, I'm not going out with Tammy tomorrow. I decided I didn't like the stories I was hearing about you and Pat. I believed both of you, and knew she was full of shit. It felt really weird telling off a hot 18-year-old who wanted to go out with me, but sometimes I just get bad feelings about things, and this was one of those times. I'm not even sorry I did it."

A few hours later, Tim responded to me.

"You made the right decision, dude. She was bad news. By the way, I get feelings about things sometimes, too. Even though I don't know you that well, I have a feeling we are going to be good friends for a long time."

30 years later, I'm still good friends with Tim.

Comments

shoeshine box: gd to hear you and Tim pals. gd story.

Load Metric
    I find it odd that you would post this after so many years. A bit of Kavanaugh event triggered you and your anxiety or are you really that weird. But what do I know

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by IamGreek View Post
    I find it odd that you would post this after so many years. A bit of Kavanaugh event triggered you and your anxiety or are you really that weird. But what do I know
    Because I was discussing it with Tim recently, given that I remembered it was November 1988 when all of this shit went down, and now it's November 2018, so it's been exactly 30 years.

I thought it would be an interesting story to post on the forum, because it involved a 16-year-old virgin me trying to make a tough decision of whether to cancel a possibly promising date with a hot-but-clearly-dishonest girl.

I've posted a number of other stories from around that era -- 1991, 1992, etc, and those were well received. I don't know why people are asking, "Why are you posting this?"

Same reason I posted the other ones. To add content on the forum and provide entertainment value.

Comments

IamGreek: Well OK then

big dick: Looks like the Greek is turning into an asshole. Keep posting these type of things. def solid content

thesparten: Good storu

Load Metric
    Tim is the guy you go to dodgers games with?
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Tim is the guy you go to dodgers games with?
    No, different guy.

Load Metric
    I'm 99.9% sure that you told this story on the show, but maybe you know that already. It seemed like cheating to comment or vote. BTW, I see that the photo was of some conservative group. I wonder how many became leftists by the end of their university years?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post
    I'm 99.9% sure that you told this story on the show, but maybe you know that already. It seemed like cheating to comment or vote. BTW, I see that the photo was of some conservative group. I wonder how many became leftists by the end of their university years?
    I probably did tell it on the show. I've spoken for over 1000 hours on PFA Radio in its lifetime, so I've told a lot of my old life stories.

The only one which I was 100% sure I didn't tell was the "girl from party line turns out to be a dude" story I posted a few months ago, because I hadn't even thought about that one for decades until the day I posted it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post
    I’m 100% sure because I heard it only a couple weeks ago.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    She is a bitch and I voted to start ignoring her and tell her why if she contacted you.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Question

Def 100% go out w/Tammy...whgat the rest a the story druff?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeshine box View Post
    Def 100% go out w/Tammy...whgat the rest a the story druff?
    Rest of the story is already explained. Read the rest of the thread!

Cliffs: I called her out about it on the phone, she got pissed, hung up on me, and the date was off. I became good friends with "Tim" and we are still friends today.

Comments

shoeshine box: yes I read it all..ty. great story and a lifelong friend.

Thread Information