View Poll Results: What would you have done about Tammy at this point (read post before answering)?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Use this as an opportunity to agree with her & increase your chances of scoring

6 26.09%
  • Drop the subject, go out with Tammy, and see how it goes

12 52.17%
  • Make an excuse that you got sick, and stall for a week, while deciding what to do

0 0%
  • Make an excuse why you can't go, and then quietly stop talking to her

2 8.70%
  • Confront her about her actions with Tim and Pat, calling her out as a bullshitter

0 0%
  • Don't know / don't care

3 13.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YOU MAKE THE CALL: November 1988 - 16-year-old virgin with opportunity to date hot 18-year-old edition

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

YOU MAKE THE CALL: November 1988 - 16-year-old virgin with opportunity to date hot 18-year-old edition

Since we are upon the 30th anniversary of this story occurring (sadly I don't know the exact date, only that it was November 1988), I'll tell the story and ask what you guys would have done.

I was 16 years old, and had never touched a girl in any way before. Hadn't been out on a date, either.

This is what I looked like at the time:

I had actually changed a lot physically over the prior six months. My voice abruptly changed, and quickly came to sound almost identical to how I do now. My face changed from that of a young looking junior-high-like kid to someone who actually looked his age. At this point I thought I looked good enough for some girls to be attracted to me, but I wasn't seeing any sign of it yet. This actually bothered me a lot, but there wasn't much I could do.

As a lot of you know, I've been online in some form or another since the mid-80s. At the time I called computer bulletin boards (BBSes), which were a very early version of forums. The ones I called were single-line (only one person could be on at once), and it was almost 100% dudes (kinda like this place).

However, in later 1988, I started calling multi-line BBSes, which had somewhat of a dating theme. They were also general places to shoot the shit, but there were a lot of girls on them (ranging from teen to middle aged), and I thought this was a great way to perhaps finally meet some chicks.

Well, it happened pretty quickly. On a BBS called "Chat Line", I talked to a girl named Tammy. She was 18 -- an older woman! Her stats looked really good on paper -- something like 5'7, 125 pounds, blond hair, blue eyes -- but you couldn't see pictures back in those days. However, upon talking to other dudes on the BBS, I was told that indeed Tammy was really hot.

Tammy took an interest in me quickly and asked for my phone number. It was the first time I ever talked to a girl on the phone. She called up, we had an okayish conversation. While I would vastly improve at talking to chicks on the phone in the coming year, this conversation was admittedly kinda awkward. However, she still seemed interested in me, and suggested we meet that Friday to go roller skating, which was still a big thing in 1988. I was all set to go on my first date, and it was going to be with someone both older and supposedly really hot. I wasn't sure why she was into a 16-year-old, but I wasn't going to question it!

Around the same time, I was getting to know some of the guys on the BBS. One of them, named Tim, seemed pretty cool, and we would talk whenever we saw each other on there. I mentioned to Tim how I was going to go out with Tammy that Friday.

"Oh no, you don't want to do that," said Tim. "I met her a few weeks ago. It was a disaster."

"What happened?", I asked.

"Well, the BBS was having a party. It was before you got on here. I told Tammy I'd pick her up and we'd go together, then we'd go somewhere alone afterwards. She thought it was a great idea. Well, I pick her up, and she's just really cold to me the entire ride there. Then, once we get to the party, she ditches me as soon as we walk in, and doesn't say a word to me the entire time. She ended up leaving with another guy. I was pissed."

"So you're sure she knew you weren't just giving her a ride there?", I questioned.

"100% she knew that. She built up the whole thing about how excited she was to meet me and how jealous everyone at the party was going to be of us, and then she just ditched me and never said a word to me once we walked in. And, as I said, she left with another guy there."

"That's pretty awful," I told him. "Now I don't know what to do. I kind of want to confront her about this."

"Don't worry about me," said Tim. "Maybe just go on the date. Maybe it will work out for you."

I wasn't sure if I should bring this up to Tammy. Why was this even my business? Besides, we were going roller skating, and not to a BBS party. Even if she didn't like me, it wasn't as likely she would run off with another guy there. And if she did, so what? I'd get over it, right?

Tammy called me later that day. I wasn't planning upon bringing it up. However, she brought up the roller skating again and how she was really looking forward to it, and I just couldn't help myself.

"You know that guy Tim? He said he met you," I quietly uttered, changing the subject, and hoping she would take it from there.

"Oh he told you? Boy was that ever a mistake," replied Tammy.

"Why was it a mistake? What happened?", I asked, feigning ignorance.

"Well he sounded good on the phone, but he comes to pick me up, and the guy is just gross. He was not the least bit attractive, and to be honest, he wasn't even in my social class. I was so sorry I agreed to go to the BBS party with him, which is where we had planned to go together. So once we got there, I just didn't want to lead the guy on, so I kind of just kept my distance and found my own way home," she explained.

"Ummm... okay, I guess that makes sense," I answered. "So this wasn't a date? Were you supposed to go somewhere after that with him?"

"Ew, no. He was just my ride there. I probably would have if I liked him, but no, we weren't going on a date or anything like that."

Now I didn't know what to believe. It started to perhaps seem like Tim offered to drive her to the party, believed that it would lead to more, and was bitter that she wasn't into him.

The next day, I talked to Tim again on the BBS. He gave me his number, and I called him. I told him what Tammy said to me, but asked him not to let her know that I was telling him. He agreed, and seemed legitimately shocked that Tammy claimed they didn't have a date planned.

"Dude, I swear to you, she kept talking the whole thing up. It wasn't just a ride. She and I were supposed to be there together, leave together, and go somewhere else. If she didn't like me, that's fine, but at least have the decency to tell me, not just ditch me when she walks in the door."

I was believing Tim again. But perhaps Tammy was just so disappointed by his appearance that she simply wanted out of the plans she previously made with him, and didn't handle it optimally. Was she really that bad?

Later that day, I was in the group chat with Tim, and the other guy she left with from the party was in the chat, too. "See that guy Pat?", Tim said to me in a private message. "That's him. That's the guy she left with. Ask him about it. I'm curious what he'll say."

I was a bit worried this was going to get back to Tammy, but I threw caution to the wind and asked Pat if he met Tammy.

"Oh shit, boy do I wish I never met that chick!", typed Pat. Pat went on to explain that Tammy basically came on to him during the party, and then told him that she wanted to "go somewhere" with him. However, after the party, once they drove away, Tammy claimed she had a headache, and asked him to drive her home.

"She wouldn't talk to me after that," wrote Pat. "Just used me for a ride back, and then acted like I didn't exist. Faked the headache so she didn't have to actually go anywhere with me. I'm still fuckin pissed about it."

The next day was Thursday. I was just one day away from my date with Tammy -- not only my first date ever, but a date with an older chick described as really hot, even by her detractors. Sure, these stories bothered me, but could I really back out? Would that have made any sense?

Tim seemed cool, and Pat at least seemed credible, but I barely knew them. Why was I fighting their battles?

Tammy called me again that night. The date was still definitely on. She still acted excited to be going out with me.

But I couldn't help myself. Once again, I brought up the controversy from the BBS.

"I talked to that guy Pat," I told her. "He was complaining that you tricked him into giving him a ride home from the BBS party, and that you told him you wanted to go out with him that night, but then just asked him to take you home."

I heard Tammy get noticeably angry, with both her volume and stress level of her voice elevated.

"I so wish I didn't go to that fucking party," she groaned. "Every one of those lonely guys there thinks that if you give them a little attention, all of a sudden you're their girlfriend. Yeah, Pat gave me a ride home, but that's all I fucking asked for. I told him that I had no way home and asked if he could help me, and he said yes. That's it. What the fuck is his problem? I think I'm about to quit that place. Too many possessive weirdos on there. I'm glad I met you, though. You're cool. I know you're not like they are."

What would you have done at this point?

YOU MAKE THE CALL

Vote above

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    get her pregnant and leave her

Load Metric
    Don't you think the reason you were a virgin is because you spent all your time on chat lines?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dude, she straight up played you..

What kind of fucken shit was that, it was not only playing you, it was fucken disrespectful..

Given your age and hers, I would have fell in love with her and taken all the bullshit just too have some connection too her and still "keep the dream alive"..

But we all kinda know NOW that it was straight bullshit..

But I would NOT confront her about it, I would just stop talking too her and when she asked why??? THEN! I would tell her..

But that's what I would do now and LOOKING BACK..

if I was 16 and a awkward virgin, I would have held out hope. Lol..

Re:
    16 candles
    Pretty in Pink.
    St Elmo's fire
    Oxford blues.

And Just laugh about it.

Load Metric
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 470
Size:  986.8 KB

Load Metric
    46 years old and wanting to re-live your teen years as if you could change your life

(long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Gold
    Load Metric
    POKERCUCKALERT.COM IT'S THE INTERNET'S PREMIER 8TH TIER SITE FOLKS.
    shit·show
    /ˈSHit ˌSHō/
    noun
    1) a situation or event marked by chaos or controversy. 2) This site.

Load Metric
    Once I learn that a girl/woman has purposefully tricked/deceived/used another guy, I move on. Because there’s no way I can trust that she wouldn’t/won’t do it me.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Lol asperger's
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Lol asperger's
    I just want to say it’s truly been a pleasure posting/reading here.

There’s no way Druff isn’t shutting this down soon. He pretty much gets eviscerated every time he posts anymore.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I like druffs stories and most cock sucking mfkers on this site are either gay or not sophisticated like me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    I like druffs stories and most cock sucking mfkers on this site are either gay or not sophisticated like me.

sophisticated

having, revealing, or involving a great deal of worldly experience and knowledge of fashion and culture.

lol, get to fuck.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Lol asperger's
    I just want to say it’s truly been a pleasure posting/reading here.

There’s no way Druff isn’t shutting this down soon. He pretty much gets eviscerated every time he posts anymore.
    No I'm not shutting it down.

I'll just ban people who do nothing here anymore but post for the purpose of trolling me.

I put these stories out here to make the site more entertaining. I'm very aware that miserable trolls will sometimes respond with obnoxious 1-liners, but it comes with the territory on a site like this.

Clearly this was a story of being a teenager and inexperienced with girls, but anyone who claims they haven't been there is lying, especially posters on this site.

After some more voting, I'll reveal the end of the story.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Don't you think the reason you were a virgin is because you spent all your time on chat lines?
    The chat lines helped me get girls, not hindered it.

I was a late bloomer so I wasn't going to get any girls until late 1988 anyway.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The chat lines helped me get girls, not hindered it.

I was a late bloomer so I wasn't going to get any girls until late 1988 anyway.
    August iirc?

If your answer is anything but you rolled the dice and took your own shot I want to smack the fucking shit out of the 16 year old you. Unless she was 3 hours away or something. What better did you have to do? She blows you off you drive home and jack off same as always. Fuck them other dudes, if you couldn’t see them and make a judgement. If you could see them and they were some good looking dudes, you’re probably getting rolled 80s Uber-style, but I’m still taking my shot either way. At 16 or 60.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    46 years old and wanting to re-live your teen years as if you could change your life

Could have played in the NFL

Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 11-12-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Load Metric
    Obviously you go on the date if you were remotely confident in how you looked.

Perhaps I'm off, but I'm guessing the average dude who was on chat lines in the mid to late 80's looked more like Stephen Hawking with AIDS than anything resembling normal. The 18 year old likely recoiled in horror and snap-decided not to give the other guys even the semblance of a mixed signal.

You were normal looking, am guessing it worked out and you minimum squeezed a tit.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

This is Leonardo DiCaprio at 16 years of age.

I guess he got a lot more girls at this age than Druff.

Can an 18 years old girl be charged with statutory rape for having sex with a 16 year old boy in California?

Now because of this #MeToo movement all Druff has to do is publish this girls name and claim he was forced to have sex with her, in order to ruin her life and get her fired from her job.

Load Metric
    Actually, since this is kind of turning into: Who did young Druff look like?, I'll nominate 60's heartthrob Edd "Kookie" Byrnes of 77 Sunset Strip, but only when he wore his hair conventionally and not combed straight back with a gallon of Brylcreem.

Name:  conservative-thought.png
Views: 360
Size:  226.1 KB Name:  download (3).jpg
Views: 372
Size:  9.0 KB

Load Metric
    All the incels today can't seem to figure out that maybe spending 18 hours a day on 4chan is their problem.

Thread Information