Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full time Uber driver

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Full time Uber driver

I have this aquantace in his early 50,s divorced , rents a room and drives Uber full time .

He just got his car repossessed from Uber financing .

He works full time, gets dressed with a suit and tie and takes the job very serious..

You just can't make enough!!!! You would have too work out of a homeless shelter in order too work for that multi multi billion dollar company..

On a side not, a taxi company that has been in my area for over 50 years, went out of business because of Uber..

The company had it's own fleet all painted the same color with there logo.

They maintained the cars with a full time mechanic on premises and actually had a gas pump on premises for the cars .

The drivers were not responsible for anything other then showing up on time and. Being proficient at there job..

The drivers compensation was 30% of the fares plus tips at the end of there shift.

Everybody was earning a living wage and created jobs and stability in the community.

These fucken globalist like to spend money on politicians too raise our taxes and regulations while they want slaves whether here or China and then. Take there tax free billions and buy a private island with very high walls and armed gaurds.

When are you people going too wake up

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    I have this aquantace in his early 50,s divorced , rents a room and drives Uber full time .

He just got his car repossessed from Uber financing .

He works full time, gets dressed with a suit and tie and takes the job very serious..

You just can't make enough!!!! You would have too work out of a homeless shelter in order too work for that multi multi billion dollar company..

On a side not, a taxi company that has been in my area for over 50 years, went out of business because of Uber..

The company had it's own fleet all painted the same color with there logo.

They maintained the cars with a full time mechanic on premises and actually had a gas pump on premises for the cars .

The drivers were not responsible for anything other then showing up on time and. Being proficient at there job..

The drivers compensation was 30% of the fares plus tips at the end of there shift.

Everybody was earning a living wage and created jobs and stability in the community.

These fucken globalist like to spend money on politicians too raise our taxes and regulations while they want slaves whether here or China and then. Take there tax free billions and buy a private island with very high walls and armed gaurds.

When are you people going too wake up
    Their has to be a better way!

Silver
    Load Metric
    Name:  A9F11055-2D28-4918-BA7F-F4BA1BA99CAC.png
Views: 423
Size:  187.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Personal attacks, lol..

Just like sonatina,,,, (tine).
    When a solid argument is made against the progressive and GLOBALIST on who they really are you must "deflect and redirect"...

I'm sure a good argument can be made that the progressive,s and globalist are neo Marxist authoritarian,s and the trumpsters are the liberals..

Comments

splitthis: Sonatina, sonatina, sonatina figaro magnifico

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    And just too prove how tilted mumbles and the rest of you libtards are..

All the Dominican,s in my area ALL HATE CLINTON and appreciate Trump..

They know what that foundation is about and the famine and poverty and destruction that follow,s it wherever it goes.. they can tell you EXACTLY what she did with the $500000000!!!! she did with the Haiti money.
    And Haiti is the size of a half an island with 65% unemployment rate and a per capita of 36$ a month and she accomplished nothing there!!!!

No money to pay unemployed hatians to help clean up and be self sufficient , no Wells, no construction not even a boat load of made in China shovels too hand out!!!!..lol..

The same things with Puerto Rico and Trump but in reverse, the Puerto Ricans here in the fucken bronx know that Trump sent sooooo much shit over there that it backed up the docks.
    It was the Puerto Rican style of government that fucked it all up..

THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW ABOUT THE ABOVE 2 STORIES ARE FUCKEN WHITE!!!!!! LIBERALS calling everybody racist for the audacity of bringing this up too them. . lollollolhahahahalololololhahalibtards!!!!

Load Metric
    Maybe he should have paid his bills instead of buying suits, ties, global poker deposits and crack.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Maybe he should have paid his bills instead of buying suits, ties, global poker deposits and crack.
    It ain't me brother...

Never been married..

Wouldn't were a suit to drive a fucken cab unless I'm hitting 6 figures..

I'm actually very fiscally self sufficient..

I'm actually poor but the one rent I collect and the couple of bucks I make off of weed is adequate to keep a mild existence.

I drive a cab a couple nights a week for a couple of hours for some nice fares and call it a night ...but I drive gypsy, I have the hack license and tlc insurance and "registered" toa Dominican cab stand..
    Last edited by thesparten; 11-06-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Load Metric
    I never understood why cities allowed Uber, Lyft, etc to operate when taxi companies have to pay licensing fees and comply with regulations...

then I ran across this little tibit;

companies that are now popping up that have enormous venture capital behind them based here in San Francisco are also large contributors to the powers that be in the city. These companies have smartly framed what they’re doing as innovative technology that would only be stunted with regulation, when in fact, the story really here is about deregulation

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...g-deregulation

deregulation? more like local politics corruption...

but I figure the taxi companies & city governments always had a cozy arrangement since forever: hard for feel sympathy for oligopolist/robber barons
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 11-06-2018 at 03:29 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yesterday's in the Snow!!!
    I made $400 CASH in 2 hours..

Hahahahaha,
    Uber driver's...
    Lol globalist billionaire,s .(we hire slaves)
    Lollollolhahahahalololololhahalibtards.

HAVE TWENTIES, WILL DRIVE 5 OR BLOCKS FOR U.
    Uber driver's were probably averging $12 a hour GROSS!! Not incling the extra drive time,gas, wear and tear and providing service in the snow

There actually losring money too work for a multi billion dollar company.. SUCKERS.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    I never understood why cities allowed Uber, Lyft, etc to operate when taxi companies have to pay licensing fees and comply with regulations...

then I ran across this little tibit;

companies that are now popping up that have enormous venture capital behind them based here in San Francisco are also large contributors to the powers that be in the city. These companies have smartly framed what they’re doing as innovative technology that would only be stunted with regulation, when in fact, the story really here is about deregulation

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...g-deregulation

deregulation? more like local politics corruption...

but I figure the taxi companies & city governments always had a cozy arrangement since forever: hard for feel sympathy for oligopolist/robber barons
    I think initially the biggest single factor is that these companies move fast, and governmental bodies do not. They get entrenched in places before regulations are even thought about. That makes regulating much harder.

Comments

Sheesfaced: Coge... Seeing this with Lime/Bird scooters now for example

Load Metric
    Yesterday's in the Snow!!!
    I made $400 CASH in 2 hours..

Hahahahaha,
    Uber driver's...
    Lol globalist billionaire,s .(we hire slaves)
    Lollollolhahahahalololololhahalibtards.

HAVE TWENTIES, WILL DRIVE 5 OR BLOCKS FOR U.
    Uber driver's were probably averging $12 a hour GROSS!! Not incling the extra drive time,gas, wear and tear and providing service in the snow

There actually losring money too work for a multi billion dollar company.. SUCKERS.
    hopefully you get robbed

Comments

thesparten: Baby baby, if u wanna play cops and robbers tonight or hostage,, JUST SAY SO.. STOP TEASING.

Load Metric
    The Haitians beat the French but lost to the Clinton foundation

It's funny cause true...

Comments

thesparten: Fucken great..
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I know a lot of Dominican,s a lot...(the other half of Haiti).

They tell story after story how they hate soro and the clintin foundation..

We're they go, it becomes deselote and hopeless for the citizenry in the country after country they get involved with. Pure robber Barron's..(from the horses mouth)

Carry on libtards..

Load Metric
    I know of 3 different people that paid over $150 to go from mid-town to Jersey City yesterday with lyft or Uber. Sounds expensive, but not when the alternative is to risk having some crack head info-wars nut job as your driver.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I know of 3 different people that paid over $150 to go from mid-town to Jersey City yesterday with lyft or Uber. Sounds expensive, but not when the alternative is to risk having some crack head conspiracy nut job as your driver.
    So what. The Uber/Lyft business model is a success for the owners/investors of those two companies. Their success has more to do with payoffs and being bought out than anything else. Clearly the minions are not reaping the benefits. Your blanket anecdote is irrelevant

So all of a sudden the taxi game comes down to crack heads vs. the unregulated, unlicensed puritans.
    Are you stunned?

It's pretty obvious that these three different people were proud that they paid over $150 dollars for a relatively short drive and were obligated to tell you about it. lol
    And of course they were saved from the evil crackheads who do away with so many people each year.
    You are a laughing stock
    Last edited by limitles; 11-16-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Driving drunk and getting away with it is cheaper

Comments

big dick: I appreciate the greatness of this post

splitthis: You just blew $10,000

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

I know of 3 different people that paid over $150 to go from mid-town to Jersey City yesterday with lyft or Uber. Sounds expensive, but not when the alternative is to risk having some crack head conspiracy nut job as your driver.
    So what. The Uber/Lyft business model is a success for the owners/investors of those two companies. Their success has more to do with payoffs and being bought out than anything else. Clearly the minions are not reaping the benefits. Your blanket anecdote is irrelevant

So all of a sudden the taxi game comes down to crack heads vs. the unregulated, unlicensed puritans.
    Are you stunned?
    So the Drivers were probably averaging more than $12 an hour during the snow storm yesterday.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Are you stunned?
    So the Drivers were probably averaging more than $12 an hour during the snow storm yesterday.
    The snow was white and slightly moist. Try again. Try and defend your weak positions

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    uber is just a better cheaper alternative to taxi's. wouldn't be surprised if more cab companies get turned into dinosaurs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hey I'm no economist but let's say I wanted to start a cabbie type industry. We have to pay these cabbies, so maybe we reduce their wages. Or maybe we charge the customer more. Or maybe we avoid the costs of doing business, licenses, vehicle upkeep etc. Maybe the annual fees to the community are dropped so we can make a buck but the traveler doesn't pay more. Yeah sounds good but the people who have paved the way, so to speak, are getting jobbed and so is the community which includes people who have paid their way
    for a licensed regulated system.

If you don't want to deal with a crack head then I would suggest sticking with a licensed regulated system
    instead of a guy from somewhere with a car willing to pick you up
    Last edited by limitles; 11-16-2018 at 06:57 PM.

Thread Information