Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full time Uber driver

Platinum
    Load Metric
    https://nypost.com/2018/11/14/anothe...kills-himself/
    Another NYC cab driver deep in debt kills himself

Kim is the fourth cabbie and eighth driver overall to commit suicide since November of last year.

In October, Uber driver Fausto Luna jumped in front of an oncoming A train.

In June, cash-strapped yellow cabbie Abdul Saleh, 59, hanged himself in his Brooklyn apartment.

In May, another yellow cab driver Yu Mein “Kenny” Chow flung himself in the East River off the Upper East Side.

In March, Nicanor Ochisor, 65 — another yellow cabbie — hanged himself in his garage in Maspeth, Queens.

Corporate black car driver Douglas Schifter, 61, killed himself with a shotgun outside City Hall on Feb. 5.

In December, livery hack Danilo Corporan Castillo, 57, wrote a suicide note on the back of a summons he received — and then jumped out the window of his Manhattan apartment.

And in November, livery driver Alfredo Perez hanged himself.

The news of the suicide comes on the same day that the city council passed a bill introduced by council member Ydanis Rodriguez that will create a commission to look at falling taxi medallion values and come up with ways to help struggling drivers.
    People from third world countries are offing themselves. not good.

The new normal
    Lets face the horror of how dark things have gotten. It's the people vs the corporations and billionaires. The C's and B's own both parties, the scotus and the MSM. At this point we're going to need a miracle.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Hey I'm no economist but let's say I wanted to start a cabbie type industry. We have to pay these cabbies, so maybe we reduce their wages. Or maybe we charge the customer more. Or maybe we avoid the costs of doing business, licenses, vehicle upkeep etc. Maybe the annual fees to the community are dropped so we can make a buck but the traveler doesn't pay more. Yeah sounds good but the people who have paved the way, so to speak, are getting jobbed and so is the community which includes people who have paid their way
    for a licensed regulated system.

If you don't want to deal with a crack head then I would suggest sticking with a licensed regulated system
    instead of a guy from somewhere with a car willing to pick you up
    When's the last time you've taken an Uber or a Taxi.

Taxis in NYC are filthy and a lot of the time driven by scum bags (thesparten is a taxi driver....enough said). Uber/Lyft rides are consistently better, drivers have incentives to not be dick heads and they can't drive in circles to rip you off. If Taxis want to survive, they need to invest in some software so that riders are able to rate their drivers and aren't required to pull out their wallets at the end of every trip.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Hey I'm no economist but let's say I wanted to start a cabbie type industry. We have to pay these cabbies, so maybe we reduce their wages. Or maybe we charge the customer more. Or maybe we avoid the costs of doing business, licenses, vehicle upkeep etc. Maybe the annual fees to the community are dropped so we can make a buck but the traveler doesn't pay more. Yeah sounds good but the people who have paved the way, so to speak, are getting jobbed and so is the community which includes people who have paid their way
    for a licensed regulated system.

If you don't want to deal with a crack head then I would suggest sticking with a licensed regulated system
    instead of a guy from somewhere with a car willing to pick you up
    When's the last time you've taken an Uber or a Taxi.

Taxis in NYC are filthy and a lot of the time driven by scum bags (thesparten is a taxi driver....enough said). Uber/Lyft rides are consistently better, drivers have incentives to not be dick heads and they can't drive in circles to rip you off. If Taxis want to survive, they need to invest in some software so that riders are able to rate their drivers and aren't required to pull out their wallets at the end of every trip.
    Is there something special about the taxi industry whereby little or no regulation equals better service/results?
    Druff seems to argue differently for airlines. Then again that is partly an above ground business.

Whether or not the NYC cab system is run properly or effectively is not the issue. Playing by the same rules is the issue.

Last edited by limitles; 11-16-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    Uber driver's were probably averging $12 a hour GROSS!! Not incling the extra drive time,gas, wear and tear and providing service in the snow
    I know of 3 different people that paid over $150 to go from mid-town to Jersey City yesterday with lyft or Uber. Sounds expensive, but not when the alternative is to risk having some crack head info-wars nut job as your driver.
    $150 to Jersey City?????

I'd say $240 minimum and if your wife was in the middle of labor during the snow storm it would have been an additional $85 cleaning fee and and additional $50 for high priority attentive personalized service plus Bridges and tolls both ways plus TIP..

Or I never fucked a pregnant chick before.

In Lew of the reasonable fare I could work something out with the husband on the way to the maturniy ward

Comments

splitthis: Lieu, Lewis.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    At least I never charge a disposal fee every time they throw out one of there iPhones or Samsung galaxies in my back seat..

I bring them too the pawn shop on my own time..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    sparten stuff
    lol
    I don't mean to go all verminard on you, but...
    What percentage of humans do you think you're more intelligent than?

Thread Information