Thread: Ending Birthright Citizenship

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Ending Birthright Citizenship

Hmm, so wonder if for babies for x time onward, or if a retro; tres interessant.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    pour quoi vous interesse? bebe fievre?

Comments

splitthis: Bebe
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Hmm, so wonder if for babies for x time onward, or if a retro; tres interessant.
    keep it, it's bad enough as it is

Load Metric
    They have to go back.

Load Metric
    I’m a supporter of the right in general. More so on fiscal issues than social ones. This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard of.

Your mom makes it here - you born here - you are a citizen - end of story

If you are a conservative and have been generally supportive of Trump this is an issue where you draw the line IMHO.

Comments

limitles: atta boy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I’m a supporter of the right in general. More so on fiscal issues than social ones. This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard of.

If you are a conservative and have been generally supportive of Trump this is an issue where you draw the line IMHO.
    Any conservative who hasn’t already abandoned Trump over the shit he’s already pulled won’t likely even blink at this latest shenanigan.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Any conservative who hasn’t already abandoned Trump over the shit he’s already pulled won’t likely even blink at this latest shenanigan.
    hold on...is this a Trump thing? The biggest dunce to hold office and anyone considers it?

BtW the Mueller investigations......there has to be something big or no investigative branch would give it this amount of time

Comments

thesparten: Lollollolhahahahalololololhahalibtards

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

It’s Unconstitutional. End of story.

You can support the tightening up the boarders and oppose ending birthright citizenship. Bravo for Paul Ryan for stepping up and opting the notion that this is even possible.

Of course this is all mid term posturing at this point, but we shall see if he continues with this.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

Why? He's right. Hamfisted and obnoxious but still right. Birthright citizenship is a loophole that has been exploited for years, the 14th amendment was to protect the citizenship of slaves. Native Americans weren't even granted universal citizenship until the 1920s.

Yes I know we have precedent from court cases long ago supporting the current standard, but the current standard is ludicrous and should be adjusted by either a court challenge ending in a SCOTUS ruling ( subject to the jurisdiction thereof) or constitutional amendment.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The GOP does the opposite of what they say they're doing.
    First
    Why should we care about immigration? It's so we can have safe and prosperous communities.

The only way to fix immigration is change the 1965 law everything else is bullshit. Since they didn't change it like promised we had a record amount of immigration.
    So they already fucked us, now they're making it worse by causing major division.

I used to be amazed at how safe Mexican
    communities used to be for whites, now you know tension has to be real high and you def don't want to be alone after dark.

Ask yourself if any of these GOP proposals make Americans safer or do they increase the chance of violence.

Ask yourself if this is for the general welfare of Americans or just a kickback to their border facility donors.
    The proposal in the OP won't happen.

Trump's pushing for extended family detention, much longer.

Sending troops to the border to face off with poverty stricken immigrants.

He's proposing tent city's to house immigrants.

Now he's using a one mentally ill killer to demonize all Mexicans.

I used to know an ex gang member from El Salvador, I heard he's killed people in his country.

Here he was very nice guy, cool as fuck, i'd trust him w my life. It's the financial hell from right wing govts that our CIA installs that create the condition for gangs and violence.sh..

Summary
    So the GOP brought in a record amount of refugees and stoked tensions as much as humanly possible, nice.
    #winning

I gotta go but yea, the alt right were the suckers. I see what they're doing now, more on that later.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Why? He's right. Hamfisted and obnoxious but still right. Birthright citizenship is a loophole that has been exploited for years, the 14th amendment was to protect the citizenship of slaves. Native Americans weren't even granted universal citizenship until the 1920s.

Yes I know we have precedent from court cases long ago supporting the current standard, but the current standard is ludicrous and should be adjusted by either a court challenge ending in a SCOTUS ruling ( subject to the jurisdiction thereof) or constitutional amendment.
    Well I agree with you on one count - if there is to be a change it should come via the judicial, not the executive.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Name:  COOLSTORY.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  80.8 KB

Name:  Capture magaaa.PNG
Views: 432
Size:  1.11 MB

That's interesting another attack on Mexican kids in the name of white America, the first being child separation. hmmmm.
    Fuck no I'm voting for the most open border candidate possible and I'm not joking. Replacing the GOP is my only concern now.

It's not to often people are open to changing parties but I've got enough facts that it's been happening.

Comments

Muck Ficon: :noose
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 10-31-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Thread Information