Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harvard would be more than half Asian if they accepted people solely based upon academic ability

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Harvard would be more than half Asian if they accepted people solely based upon academic ability

Source: https://samv91khoyt2i553a2t1s05i-wpe...tal-Report.pdf

Harvard gets between 20,000 and 30,000 domestic applications per year (excluding special ones such as family legacy applications and student athletes), and admits about 2,000 freshmen out of those.

Each "decile" listed above represents 10% of those applications.

So the "top decile" means the top 10% of those domestic applications, based upon academic credentials.

If they admitted solely based upon academics, the ethnic makeup would be 35.48% white, 0.94% black, 2.72% Hispanic, and 51.65% Asian. (9.21% would be other races.)

What did they actually admit last year? 37.61% white, 15.81% black, 14.90% Hispanic, 24.86% Asian, and 6.82% other races.

So it's the Asians getting royally screwed. Whites were somehow slightly HELPED by this affirmative action process, and blacks/Hispanics were helped immensely. Asians were accepted at less than half the rate than they should have, based upon academics.

Accepting based upon academics alone would result in a 6% reduction in whites, a 94% reduction in blacks, an 82% reduction in Hispanics, and a 108% GAIN in Asians.

I've always felt this was ridiculous.

We cannot have a color blind society using racial quotas.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Asian students currently have a lawsuit against Harvard over this: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/04/u...admission.html

Load Metric
    Where is the column for joos?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Where is the column for joos?
    Fifth Column, obv.

Comments

devidee: shapeshifter rep (((obviously)))

Jayjami:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    being aware of race is a lot better than being "colour blind"

Load Metric
    I opened up your pdf and saw it was 185 pages and I just woke up. Are those % comprised entirely of US students? A brief look at Harvard shows it has 10% international students. I’m sure the university would skew Asian regardless, but I’m curious if that 54% includes international applicants, which I could understand limiting considering our current situation with the Chinese and the tendency of students to return to their home country.

Either way, not shocking. I attended the graduation party of my friends daughter in Columbus this past summer. My buddy and his wife are both school administrators with M.Ed degrees, and their daughter was a national merit scholar. Out of maybe 8 close female friends, she was the only white one. All her friends were Asian. American white kids, and their parents, just aren’t as hungry after generations of success. Those Asian parents are serious fucking business when it comes to education. No grounding you from the Xbox for a week for a B. They’ll throw it out the window from kindergarten on, if they’ll ever buy it in the first place.

This has been the case now for 30 years. America can either be great and diverse, middling and white, or the average white family better wake the fuck up. I’m retrospect, I loved my parents, but I wish they would have been much harder on me. I didn’t end up having kids, but had I, I would have been a fuckng taskmaster just tonsave them all the bad habits I had to eventually shrug off. They would have loved me at 30, but not before.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Forget race if we're talking about admissions based solely on the merits of the students.
    4:20 ish Should Jews list themselves as white? As if many don't hate whites.

Name:  jewish-privilege-over-asians-europeans-small-for-internet1.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  81.2 KB

Who's Harvard's prez?
    Name:  063_917073932-640x400.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  43.2 KB
    Son of a Holocaust survivor and refugee, Lawrence Bacow sees his new position as way to disseminate the ‘enduring values of colleges as enablers of the American dream’
    CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts (JTA) — Harvard University Jewish students take note: You may want to be on your best behavior during High Holiday services.

Lawrence Bacow, who began his new position as the Harvard president on July 1, and his wife, Adele Fleet Bacow, plan to spend some of the High Holidays at religious services at the Ivy League school’s Hillel. The Jewish couple met on the campus more than 40 years ago, when Bacow began Harvard Law School, he recalled.

Rabbi Jonah Steinberg, executive director of the Harvard Hillel, told JTA in an email: “Students in our community are thrilled at seeing someone who cares so deeply about Jewish identity and tradition assume the presidency of Harvard. It will be a joy to have Larry and Adele as part of our Jewish community.”
    Could you imagine a white person stating that about other whites, this guy's a Jewish Supremacist.
    You can read his thoughts on the lawsuit
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/harvar...her-education/

Hey Asians Gl w your lawsuit hahahahahaha
    I think Harvard should be for Jews only, faculty and students.

Comments

KidPresentable: Shut the fuck up

Muck Ficon: Didn't read or watch
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 10-18-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    At this point I think we have to accept that Harvard (and the majority of "elite" colleges) are businesses first and colleges second. And it is probably just good business to keep the % of Asians below a certain threshold, regardless of their aptitude as a group.

And they are probably right. I know the zeitgeist is that racism is somehow linked to having a low melanin count, but the reality of the situation is that Asians on aggregate are actually much more tribal and racist than white people. And when it comes to things like consumerism, politics, etc. they are very pro Asian and anti white/American.

So given Harvards strong business ties to corporate America it makes much more sense to admit a black American person who is probably going to get out and get a good job at an American bank and be a good American consumer/investor than an Asian person who is much more likely to work for an Asian foreign company and spend/invest their $$ non-domestically.

This is of course the real reasons that Jews are so over-represented at Harvard specifically, and Ivy League schools generally. Is that these schools are pipelines to Jewish controlled banking interests, so it is in Harvards interests to keep that pipeline continuing.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

I know the zeitgeist is that racism is somehow linked to having a low melanin count
    What's that now?

Load Metric
    So that's how Obamas daughter got in!

Load Metric
    Frank likes his kungpow spicy

Load Metric

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    This has been the case now for 30 years. America can either be great and diverse, middling and white, or the average white family better wake the fuck up. I’m retrospect, I loved my parents, but I wish they would have been much harder on me. I didn’t end up having kids, but had I, I would have been a fuckng taskmaster just tonsave them all the bad habits I had to eventually shrug off. They would have loved me at 30, but not before.
    I completely agree with this, and think that my parents were almost neglectful by letting me completely fuck around all the way through undergrad. Getting my shit together at 23 was not easy, and I had to teach myself many things about discipline, etc.

Kudos to Asian culture (and any others) for their child raising tactics.

White Americans are weak and soft.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I completely agree with this, and think that my parents were almost neglectful by letting me completely fuck around all the way through undergrad. Getting my shit together at 23 was not easy, and I had to teach myself many things about discipline, etc.

Kudos to Asian culture (and any others) for their child raising tactics.

White Americans are weak and soft.
    South Koreans make US Asians seem like slackers.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Asian students currently have a lawsuit against Harvard over this: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/04/u...admission.html
    What’s interesting about this case is that it is analgous to a famous groundbreaking Supreme Court case argued by Ruth Bader Ginsberg decades ago that featured a male plaintiff who argued that he was discriminated in some matter based on his gender. It was the first successful gender-based discrimination case argued before SCOTUS, and the ruling was general enough for women plainttiffs to use its precedent to subsequently bring successful gender discrimination cases to court.

The current case against Harvard was financed by a conservative benefactor who had previously funded a case of a White Texas girl who claimed that she didn’t get into UT Austin (the flagship university of the Texas state university system) because of affirmative action. She lost her case. This one, if successful, could backdoor dismantle using race as a factor in college admissions in the US, a long-sought goal of conservatives. Kudos to being so clever if they succeed.

P.S. Must “admit”: I had a serious brain fart earlier over how to spell “admission”.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 10-18-2018 at 09:16 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    One of the more appalling things about affirmative action -- and is rarely discussed -- is that it focuses entirely upon color, and not life circumstance.

The son of a rich black doctor will have a big edge getting into Harvard over a poor white kid from a small town, despite the rich black kid coming from a far more advantageous life situation.

If the goal is equalizing -- giving people a chance to rise up from impoverished backgrounds who had fewer advantages to prepare for college -- I can understand that, and perhaps would support it.

But here the goal really is good ol' fashioned racial discrimination.

"Other people in your race are good at school, so we're punishing you for it, and it will be harder for you to get into college."

What a horrible, horrible precedent.

When I was in high school, a rich black kid actually bragged that he didn't have to care much about his grades, because he had an easy "in" to most schools due to the color of his skin.

Sadly, he was correct.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    One of the more appalling things about affirmative action -- and is rarely discussed -- is that it focuses entirely upon color, and not life circumstance.

The son of a rich black doctor will have a big edge getting into Harvard over a poor white kid from a small town, despite the rich black kid coming from a far more advantageous life situation.

If the goal is equalizing -- giving people a chance to rise up from impoverished backgrounds who had fewer advantages to prepare for college -- I can understand that, and perhaps would support it.

But here the goal really is good ol' fashioned racial discrimination.

"Other people in your race are good at school, so we're punishing you for it, and it will be harder for you to get into college."

What a horrible, horrible precedent.

When I was in high school, a rich black kid actually bragged that he didn't have to care much about his grades, because he had an easy "in" to most schools due to the color of his skin.

Sadly, he was correct.
    I read, "what a horrible, horrible president."

What a rough way to start out life, being denied entry into Harvard.
    Stats on these poor rejected bastards show a bee-line to dumpster diving by age 30

Platinum
    Load Metric
    >The positions should be awarded on merit, if it means the whole school's Chinese then so be it. Should of thought about this before you passed the 1965 immigration law.

>Harvard needs to fire their racist president and replace him with a Chinese person, same for many other colleges and universities.

>Until the above is in place Jews need to quit being classified as white, it's clear they're abusing this loophole at the expense of whites.

> Whites need to do a follow up lawsuit.

Maybe we'll get some competent and affordable healthcare, can you believe this scam that masquerades as HC, unreal.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 10-18-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Load Metric
    http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...622-story.html

These schools need to deal with the legacy issue if they want to really be taken seriously.This is the U.S. not 19th Century England. They also need to start thinking about getting rid of tuition completely given the huge endowments of these elite schools and the resulting income that is thrown off each year.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Why doesn’t Druff rant about this???
    Last edited by JohnCommode; 10-18-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Load Metric
    Jesus Christ Druff, when are you gonna axe FPS for fucks sake. He's blatantly ruining EVERY THREAD with his jew shit. I'm not offended but fuck man, get rid of this guy already.

Comments

Muck Ficon: :this

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Harvard would also have a terrible football team if all they put in was nerdy Asians.

Thread Information