Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harvard would be more than half Asian if they accepted people solely based upon academic ability

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SysOp View Post
    Jesus Christ Druff, when are you gonna axe FPS for fucks sake. He's blatantly ruining EVERY THREAD with his jew shit. I'm not offended but fuck man, get rid of this guy already.
    He is the only poster on my ignore list and my forum experience is all the better because of it.

Comments

FPS_Russia: This, it's that simple, lets be honest the problem is my arguments are solid and based on facts, that's the problem. Every thread? i'm banned from a bunch and i don't post in a bunch.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SysOp View Post
    Jesus Christ Druff, when are you gonna axe FPS for fucks sake. He's blatantly ruining EVERY THREAD with his jew shit. I'm not offended but fuck man, get rid of this guy already.
    He is the only poster on my ignore list and my forum experience is all the better because of it.

Add Mumblesfuck to it and you will be even better off.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Tony is man enough to handle the criticism.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    college admissions lol

whole process is a joke, a scam and an illusion. just like wanting to go to "x" college because they only take "x" amount of students. therefore it must be better.

is there such a thing as a right college or university....nope.........just levels of elitist views, and if you didn't go to "x" school you're not as smart or as good as me
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Source: https://samv91khoyt2i553a2t1s05i-wpe...tal-Report.pdf

Harvard gets between 20,000 and 30,000 domestic applications per year (excluding special ones such as family legacy applications and student athletes), and admits about 2,000 freshmen out of those.

Each "decile" listed above represents 10% of those applications.

So the "top decile" means the top 10% of those domestic applications, based upon academic credentials.

If they admitted solely based upon academics, the ethnic makeup would be 35.48% white, 0.94% black, 2.72% Hispanic, and 51.65% Asian. (9.21% would be other races.)

What did they actually admit last year? 37.61% white, 15.81% black, 14.90% Hispanic, 24.86% Asian, and 6.82% other races.

So it's the Asians getting royally screwed. Whites were somehow slightly HELPED by this affirmative action process, and blacks/Hispanics were helped immensely. Asians were accepted at less than half the rate than they should have, based upon academics.

Accepting based upon academics alone would result in a 6% reduction in whites, a 94% reduction in blacks, an 82% reduction in Hispanics, and a 108% GAIN in Asians.

I've always felt this was ridiculous.

We cannot have a color blind society using racial quotas.
    1. Diversity is important. Harvard is a private university and they (not the government) should be free to set their own standards. BTW Druff, have you ever been to UC Irvine?
    2. Everyone of those Asians that didn't get into Harvard got into a really good school somewhere else.
    3. America ain't fair. Sometimes you have to work harder than everyone else to get your share. Even then you sometimes get screwed.

So my response is boo, hoo. Work harder and maybe you can get into Harvard for grad school.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Source: https://samv91khoyt2i553a2t1s05i-wpe...tal-Report.pdf

Harvard gets between 20,000 and 30,000 domestic applications per year (excluding special ones such as family legacy applications and student athletes), and admits about 2,000 freshmen out of those.

Each "decile" listed above represents 10% of those applications.

So the "top decile" means the top 10% of those domestic applications, based upon academic credentials.

If they admitted solely based upon academics, the ethnic makeup would be 35.48% white, 0.94% black, 2.72% Hispanic, and 51.65% Asian. (9.21% would be other races.)

What did they actually admit last year? 37.61% white, 15.81% black, 14.90% Hispanic, 24.86% Asian, and 6.82% other races.

So it's the Asians getting royally screwed. Whites were somehow slightly HELPED by this affirmative action process, and blacks/Hispanics were helped immensely. Asians were accepted at less than half the rate than they should have, based upon academics.

Accepting based upon academics alone would result in a 6% reduction in whites, a 94% reduction in blacks, an 82% reduction in Hispanics, and a 108% GAIN in Asians.

I've always felt this was ridiculous.

We cannot have a color blind society using racial quotas.
    1. Diversity is important. Harvard is a private university and they (not the government) should be free to set their own standards. BTW Druff, have you ever been to UC Irvine?
    2. Everyone of those Asians that didn't get into Harvard got into a really good school where else.
    3. America ain't fair. Sometimes you have to work harder than everyone else to get your share. Even then you sometimes get screwed.

So my response is boo, hoo. Work harder and maybe you can get into Harvard for grad school.
    1. Private organizations shouldn't be allowed to racially discriminate. You're an attorney, so you know this very well. I realize that "affirmative action" crap has allowed such racial discrimination, but honestly these numbers seem to indicate that the discrimination at Harvard is only against Asians, as every other ethnic group slightly benefited in admissions at their expense.

2. Harvard is not the only school discriminating against Asians. Yes, Asians with great grades and test scores will get into a high quality college, but that doesn't justify screwing them out of admissions to top universities such as Harvard. It would be like a top restaurant in Beverly Hills telling a black person, "We don't serve blacks here, but there are plenty of great restaurants down the street which do, so you'll still have a great meal tonight."

3. While America can't have 100% fairness in everything, large universities practicing massive racial discrimination in admissions is a real problem which shouldn't just be shrugged off.

Additionally, as I mentioned before, racial discrimination in admissions doesn't even make sense, as there are poor white people, poor Asians, rich blacks, and rich Hispanics. So it really does happen where a rich black kid gets a spot over a poor Asian, which is completely counter to everything they're supposedly trying to accomplish.

As I said, I would be more okay with an affirmative action program which gave a leg up to poor people who overcame a lot to succeed in high school and apply to college. That would at least equalize some of the advantage that rich/middle class people have in their upbringing and resources, which often leads to better performance in school. The rich/middle class Asian kid with the Tiger Mom is much more likely to succeed in school than the black kid in the inner city whose single mom is gone all day working a low wage job. But I have a real problem when race alone is used for giving allowances in college admissions, as often those advantages are given to those who already had a very comfortable and easy life.

Load Metric
    todge would you disown the black child if they could get into harvard on their own academic merits but went to cal state northridge instead

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    todge would you disown the black child if they could get into harvard on their own academic merits but went to cal state northridge instead

Name:  tumblr_mri4g0jbt91se2x30o2_250.gif
Views: 123
Size:  835.1 KB
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I opened up your pdf and saw it was 185 pages and I just woke up. Are those % comprised entirely of US students? A brief look at Harvard shows it has 10% international students. I知 sure the university would skew Asian regardless, but I知 curious if that 54% includes international applicants, which I could understand limiting considering our current situation with the Chinese and the tendency of students to return to their home country.

Either way, not shocking. I attended the graduation party of my friends daughter in Columbus this past summer. My buddy and his wife are both school administrators with M.Ed degrees, and their daughter was a national merit scholar. Out of maybe 8 close female friends, she was the only white one. All her friends were Asian. American white kids, and their parents, just aren稚 as hungry after generations of success. Those Asian parents are serious fucking business when it comes to education. No grounding you from the Xbox for a week for a B. They値l throw it out the window from kindergarten on, if they値l ever buy it in the first place.

This has been the case now for 30 years. America can either be great and diverse, middling and white, or the average white family better wake the fuck up. I知 retrospect, I loved my parents, but I wish they would have been much harder on me. I didn稚 end up having kids, but had I, I would have been a fuckng taskmaster just tonsave them all the bad habits I had to eventually shrug off. They would have loved me at 30, but not before.
    I've got two young kids and this is exactly how I see it and how I'll be raising them. No desire to be their friend or liked by them. I'm a loving dad but there are no video games allowed in my house and the tv stays off Monday to Friday. They get it on the weekend assuming all chores are done. You know what the shocking thing is, the more structure and discipline the happier they are. As long as you don't cross the line to being a tyrant and you let them have a lot of fun when it's earned I think more structure, discipline and responsibility is the way to go with kids.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I opened up your pdf and saw it was 185 pages and I just woke up. Are those % comprised entirely of US students? A brief look at Harvard shows it has 10% international students. I知 sure the university would skew Asian regardless, but I知 curious if that 54% includes international applicants, which I could understand limiting considering our current situation with the Chinese and the tendency of students to return to their home country.

Either way, not shocking. I attended the graduation party of my friends daughter in Columbus this past summer. My buddy and his wife are both school administrators with M.Ed degrees, and their daughter was a national merit scholar. Out of maybe 8 close female friends, she was the only white one. All her friends were Asian. American white kids, and their parents, just aren稚 as hungry after generations of success. Those Asian parents are serious fucking business when it comes to education. No grounding you from the Xbox for a week for a B. They値l throw it out the window from kindergarten on, if they値l ever buy it in the first place.

This has been the case now for 30 years. America can either be great and diverse, middling and white, or the average white family better wake the fuck up. I知 retrospect, I loved my parents, but I wish they would have been much harder on me. I didn稚 end up having kids, but had I, I would have been a fuckng taskmaster just tonsave them all the bad habits I had to eventually shrug off. They would have loved me at 30, but not before.
    I've got two young kids and this is exactly how I see it and how I'll be raising them. No desire to be their friend or liked by them. I'm a loving dad but there are no video games allowed in my house and the tv stays off Monday to Friday. They get it on the weekend assuming all chores are done. You know what the shocking thing is, the more structure and discipline the happier they are. As long as you don't cross the line to being a tyrant and you let them have a lot of fun when it's earned I think more structure, discipline and responsibility is the way to go with kids.
    i have a son and all he does he play video games and hockey. i have no prob wit it. as long as he gets honor roll or better.

it's not like he can go play in the neighborhood or rise hss bike...props are huge and peeps speed getting from a-b

Thread Information