Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 U.S. mid term elections

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

2018 U.S. mid term elections

I have only heard about your mid term election process and have never paid any attention to it.
    With the current state of affairs I assume a lot rides on the outcome and
    would like to know how much of a swing in power is possible and/or expected this time around?

Also, is it rigged already and will Republicans ever get a fair shake?

Load Metric
    Right now it seems like Dems have a 70% chance of winning the House and Republicans have 80% chance of keeping the Senate.

Trumps job is going to get much more difficult unless Republicans find a way to keep both (which would be a massive victory for him).

If Dems win the House, they get control of the House intelligence committee, subpoena power, might open an impeachment investigation immediately. They would also decide what to do with Muellers report whenever his investigation concludes.
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 10-12-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Right now it seems like Dems have a 70% chance of winning the House and Republicans have 80% chance of keeping the Senate.

Trumps job is going to get much more difficult unless Republicans find a way to keep both.

If Dems win the House, they get control of the House intelligence committee, subpoena power, might open an impeachment investigation immediately. They would also decide what to do with Muellers report whenever his investigation concludes.
    Republicans keep Senate 99.9%, pick up 1-2 seats 65%, this is simply because of who is up and has nothing to do with overall national sentiment.

Democrats take house 55%, would have put it closer to 70% until Democrat’s pissed Republicans off and motivated them.

If Republicans hold and pick up seats in the Senate, there will be a meltdown of the far Left like never seen before. The Left will then need to decide if they want to quiet their fringe and get back to winning blue collar White voters, or if they are willing to lose them forever and let Trump win re-election.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Agree with most except the prescription for how the Dems get back their mojo (they must embrace progressive causes and give up being Republicans-lite).

Load Metric
    These two statements seem at odds with each other to me...

Republicans keep Senate 99.9%, pick up 1-2 seats 65%, this is simply because of who is up and has nothing to do with overall national sentiment.
    If Republicans hold and pick up seats in the Senate, there will be a meltdown of the far Left like never seen before. The Left will then need to decide if they want to quiet their fringe and get back to winning blue collar White voters, or if they are willing to lose them forever and let Trump win re-election.

Load Metric
    I’m willing to take serious action on outcome of the election. I believe the republicans keep the house. Any takers?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

Trumps job is going to get much more difficult unless Republicans find a way to keep both.

Democrats take house 55%, would have put it closer to 70% until Democrat’s pissed Republicans off and motivated them.

I don't pretend to know American politics, which I generally think is a huge joke, but if the Republican vote wins another election then you should all start praying to your false gods. The Republican's horrible greed, coupled with your horrible ignorance, will produce a mockery of democracy. You will implode. You're just too dumb to realize it.
    Is that OK splitthis? Am I OK telling the truth in this thread?

Dumbest group of people on this planet. Sorry, it's true.

Do any of you know history? Your fucked up country threw away thousands of lives in Vietnam.
    University students shot dead. Most called up, some shot dead for protesting
    Iraq, Afghanistan..... it continues.
    Last edited by limitles; 10-12-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

I don't pretend to know American politics, which I generally think is a huge joke, but if the Republican vote wins another election then you should all start praying to your false gods. The Republican's horrible greed, coupled with your horrible ignorance, will produce a mockery of democracy. You will implode. You're just too dumb to realize it.

Yo, have a couple drinks and watch this for the thousand foot (meter?) view of US Government. I promise I'm not trying to sway your opinion.

So 3 rings in the circus. Executive, Judicial and Congress.... Mid-terms are only voting on congress.

Congress = 2 groups...House and Senate.

There are 2 senators for every state and 1 representative for every ~700,000 people.

That makes 100 senators and 435 representatives.

Every 2 years, about 1/3 of Senators are up for election (a win in Senate = 6 year term) and all the Reps (only 2 year term). The president (executive branch) is only up every 4 years, so not now.

Most important thing congress does is...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Yo, have a couple drinks and watch this for the thousand foot (meter?) view of US Government. I promise I'm not trying to sway your opinion.

So 3 rings in the circus. Executive, Judicial and Congress.... Mid-terms are only voting on congress.

Congress = 2 groups...House and Senate.

There are 2 senators for every state and 1 representative for every ~700,000 people.

That makes 100 senators and 435 representatives.

Every 2 years, about 1/3 of Senators are up for election (a win in Senate = 6 year term) and all the Reps (only 2 year term). The president (executive branch) is only up every 4 years, so not now.

Most important thing congress does is...

No, not going into tributary reasoning. Greed is at the root of many things evil. If there wasn't a financial, political incentive a lot
    lives would not have been wasted. And I shouldn't blame one group...that's not fair but as a spectator there seems to be a lot of evidence against a certain super power and even today we see a lack of morality connected with a certain political party.

BTW Duped, you're getting a little personal with the have a couple of drinks comment. I don't like the inference.
    You're above the personal jabs I thought. If you have a point then make it. If not I won't respond to anything you have to say.
    Last edited by limitles; 10-12-2018 at 08:21 PM.

Load Metric
    Literally just explaining how things work.

Watch the videos!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Watch the videos!
    Look i understand how politics works. Voting procedures, balances of power, whatever. It means nothing compared to corruption. Like it or not, if your politicians are corrupt then you are responsible for letting it happen

Oh so you thought I started this thread as a real need to inform myself of your political crap?
    OMG, that's pretty naive. I don't like most things U.S. just so you know.

I think the fact that you have elections every two years is
    a laugh in itself. Your procedure for electing a national leader is also a joke.
    The people who run for office and those who elect them, also a joke. Bible thumping
    idiots. Not saying religion is bad but if it blindsides one for any reason then it is
    a negative.

For instance a true believer has to believe that the earth
    was "created" a few thousand years ago.
    No science to support it but believed by millions in the U.S.
    Last edited by limitles; 10-12-2018 at 09:01 PM.

Load Metric

Watch the videos!
    Look i understand how politics works. Voting procedures, balances of power, whatever. It means nothing compared to corruption. Like it or not, if your politicians are corrupt then you are responsible for letting it happen

Oh so you thought I started this thread as a real need to inform myself of your political crap?

a laugh in itself. Your procedure for electing a national leader is also a joke.
    The people who run for office and those who elect them, also a joke. Bible thumping
    idiots. Not saying religion is bad but if it blindsides one for any reason then it is
    a negative.

How does Canada work. No troll. No emotion.

How do you compare Canada to US politically.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

a negative.

How does Canada work. No troll.
    It's very different from the get go. Our political parties choose a leader and if that party wins
    majority vote then the party leader becomes Prime Minister. There is a chance that the so called leader
    will not win his riding and in that case another party member would give up their seat for the leader.

It's rare but it can happen.

Politically there is a general consensus that the strong hold up the weakest. This is not signaling out anyone or any group but should you fall, there is a safety net. People unfamiliar with this system may think others are taking advantage of the system. It's just not true.

Sure, some may think this is a way to prosper with no effort but it does not play out. First of all, it's not a positive trait. A society of people unwilling to pull their own weight is simply unnatural because it is does not satisfy.
    And for those who believe it to be true they are a huge minority and are stuck in their restricted world.
    For the truly needy, unfortunate, there is no shame.

The result is a plus for the majority in that there are fewer desperate individuals. If you are down on your luck, despondent, desperate, what might you do? The more people in that position the more
    will resort to desperate measures.

Load Metric
    Congratulations to the democrats for running the most negative political campaign in history.

Never explain who the fuck you are and what you represent, just tell everyone that the other guy sucks.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    limitles I love you and I've said the same thing on these boards before, but I've been in red states my whole life, descended from "conservative" white people on both sides of family, literally nobody believes in the Bible except the women. they're not republicans because they are scared of faggots, they are republicans because they don't want to give the government more of their earnings and that's it. that's literally all it is. they don't believe huckster politicians who are selling them BULLSHIT because they aren't suckers. I'm not saying there aren't bibletards out there, bc there definitely are, but they are NOT the norm. even in the USA.

bibletards did NOT get Trump elected, working people who just want to keep what they have earned did

Comments

Tellafriend: yep

tony bagadonuts: Testify my brotha

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    limitles I love you and I've said the same thing on these boards before, but I've been in red states my whole life, descended from "conservative" white people on both sides of family, literally nobody believes in the Bible except the women. they're not republicans because they are scared of faggots, they are republicans because they don't want to give the government more of their earnings and that's it. that's literally all it is. they don't believe huckster politicians who are selling them BULLSHIT because they aren't suckers. I'm not saying there aren't bibletards out there, bc there definitely are, but they are NOT the norm. even in the USA.

bibletards did NOT get Trump elected, working people who just want to keep what they have earned did

That's been my experience as well.

Load Metric
    Who is going to pay for that huge tax cut the corporations just got?

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Who is going to pay for that huge tax cut the corporations just got?
    persons of color, women, people with preexisting conditions, retards, homosexuals, illegal aliens

Name:  gettyimages-8363144441-e1503346323201.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  24.0 KB

Comments

big dick: Perfect

Load Metric

How does Canada work. No troll.
    Sure, some may think this is a way to prosper with no effort but it does not play out. First of all, it's not a positive trait. A society of people unwilling to pull their own weight is simply unnatural because it is does not satisfy.
    And for those who believe it to be true they are a huge minority and are stuck in their restricted world.
    For the truly needy, unfortunate, there is no shame.
    So what does a country do when there’s 10-15% of the population that just simply refuses to work?

Canada and the US are dramatically different countries, even though we often act as if they are similar.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post

I mean, self-identified white evangelicals(not catholic or standard Protestant)represent around 25% of the US population. They broke historically for Trump at 81%. They turn out at the highest % of all voters. In comparison, blacks represent 13% of the US population. So to say bibletards didn’t get Trump elected is akin to saying the black vote was entirely irrelevenat in getting Obama elected. It’s like if we doubled the black vote for Obama and still said it was irrelevant. Self-identified evangelicals are 35% of GOP voters. So no they aren’t solely the reason Trump won, but they are pretty fucking relevant.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

Load Metric
    Would be nice to rid the country of the 10-15% that refuse to work

Thread Information