Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Here it goes again... I'm going to embark upon the painful journey of weight loss

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PROUDBOY MAGA 2024 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BUMP

Looks like I need a big motivator to get myself to lose weight.

In 2013 it was a picture next to Penn Jilette (back when he was fat) where I also looked fat. I was disgusted by it and went on a diet, getting down to 208 pounds.

In 2018, it was a case of severe anxiety and depression which rocketed my metabolism sky high and caused me to involuntarily lose 32 pounds quickly, bringing me down to 209 pounds.

In 2020, it's the fear of catching the corona, which is both keeping me away from fast food drive thrus and pushing me to diet so my risk factor of severe symptoms is lower. I'm now back to 218 pounds and still dropping.

Unlike 2018, this isn't falling off by itself. I'm doing a modified intermittent fast diet, eating one large meal per day, and eating very little otherwise. I drink one Coke when I wake up, and water the entire rest of the time. I'm doing about 3 hikes per week on off-the-beaten-path trails so I barely run into any other people.

Would love to return to 200, which I was about 20 years ago, but I'll take 210 if that's all I can manage before my body resists it. In 2013, I got down to 208 pretty easily, but my body was strongly resisting getting below there, and I finally gave up.
    BUMP
    Brother have you kept up with the gout hospitalizations and recent issues with restaurants not allowing him to substitute fries and being out of desserts?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Looks like I need a big motivator to get myself to lose weight.

In 2013 it was a picture next to Penn Jilette (back when he was fat) where I also looked fat. I was disgusted by it and went on a diet, getting down to 208 pounds.

In 2018, it was a case of severe anxiety and depression which rocketed my metabolism sky high and caused me to involuntarily lose 32 pounds quickly, bringing me down to 209 pounds.

In 2020, it's the fear of catching the corona, which is both keeping me away from fast food drive thrus and pushing me to diet so my risk factor of severe symptoms is lower. I'm now back to 218 pounds and still dropping.

Unlike 2018, this isn't falling off by itself. I'm doing a modified intermittent fast diet, eating one large meal per day, and eating very little otherwise. I drink one Coke when I wake up, and water the entire rest of the time. I'm doing about 3 hikes per week on off-the-beaten-path trails so I barely run into any other people.

Would love to return to 200, which I was about 20 years ago, but I'll take 210 if that's all I can manage before my body resists it. In 2013, I got down to 208 pretty easily, but my body was strongly resisting getting below there, and I finally gave up.
    BUMP
    I weigh about 230 now.

The corona forced my weight down because 1) I wasn't eating much because I wasn't doing takeout and store shelves were bare and 2) the boredom of nothing being open made me go out and hike more often. My weight got down to about 215 before it started to creep back up again.

These days I am living life mostly back to normal, and I haven't hiked as much due to the aforementioned-by-Sloppy-Soyboy gout issue.

However, I did do some fairly lengthy/strenuous hiking the last few days, as I just took a short trip to northern and central CA.

Thanks for your concern.

Load Metric

BUMP
    I weigh about 230 now.

The corona forced my weight down because 1) I wasn't eating much because I wasn't doing takeout and store shelves were bare and 2) the boredom of nothing being open made me go out and hike more often. My weight got down to about 215 before it started to creep back up again.

These days I am living life mostly back to normal, and I haven't hiked as much due to the aforementioned-by-Sloppy-Soyboy gout issue.

However, I did do some fairly lengthy/strenuous hiking the last few days, as I just took a short trip to northern and central CA.

Thanks for your concern.
    I can't believe you let yourself get to 241 you fat fuck. You visualize yourself dying from a heart attack every day of your life and you still allow yourself to weigh 230. You ever notice you never see old fat guys besides RIP Doyle? You're no Doyle. I'm not either. I'm back to almost 218 and feel like a worthless negro. Time to lose a bunch of weight. Both of us.

I'm assuming you are no longer eating dinner at home then going to the mall to eat corn dogs. At least you have that going for you. I guess.

Load Metric
    Costco selling survival gruel that will last weeks for like 70 bucks. I saw a guy who I thought was stacking products with huge care buying cases of Capri Sun and Menchurian soup. Peops don't seem to be hoarding. You will never see bare shelves in costco ,knock on wood. Good luck with the weight challenge Todd. Im in same boat , exercising almost daily around 22 minutes a day.

Comments

country978: Me too. Managing weight has always been a challenge

splitthis: And push yourself a few steps further everyday

Load Metric
    Weight battle is not just for the Gringos. The quest for the perfect cerrveza is what usually does me in.

Comments

splitthis: It’s your restaurant eating
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Thread Information