Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Here it goes again... I'm going to embark upon the painful journey of weight loss

Load Metric
    Maybe just stop crushing Hot Dog On A Stick for 4th meal

Let's be honest, your lifestyle and eating habits are screaming diabetes and heart disease

Comments

splitthis: Hopefully he will wake up before something serious happens

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by igotnotoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    The best thing you can do to lose weight is cut processed foods in general and added sugar especially.

The formula to lose weight is simple but the person needs to execute. It is like telling an alcoholic to go from 10 beers a day to 5 day. Sounds simple enough but actually following through long term is difficult.

If one simply cut out sugar and walked for an hour a day they would lose weight. Sugar is packed into everything Americans eat it is ridiculous.
    I had to special order Erewhon cornflakes online because every brand has added sugar. They are even adding sugar to dill pickles wtf. The older I get I think they add sugar on purpose to make everyone fat, diabetic, and sick so drug companies and insurance companies can take as much as they can from you before you die. Read your labels kids, most foods are loaded with crap making you sick.

Comments

hongkonger: True
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by igotnotoe View Post

The formula to lose weight is simple but the person needs to execute. It is like telling an alcoholic to go from 10 beers a day to 5 day. Sounds simple enough but actually following through long term is difficult.

If one simply cut out sugar and walked for an hour a day they would lose weight. Sugar is packed into everything Americans eat it is ridiculous.
    I had to special order Erewhon cornflakes online because every brand has added sugar. They are even adding sugar to dill pickles wtf. The older I get I think they add sugar on purpose to make everyone fat, diabetic, and sick so drug companies and insurance companies can take as much as they can from you before you die. Read your labels kids, most foods are loaded with crap making you sick.
    Not only this, they are loaded with chemicals that turn them into addictive drugs and keep you from realizing how much you are eating, and others that promote weight gain and mess up your hormones. They're fucking with your brain. Contrary to popular belief (food industry propaganda), obesity is not simply a matter of personal responsibility and willpower.

Comments

MumblesBadly: (Must have Big Macs...)

splitthis: So true.

Load Metric
    There is hope for you Druff

Pepsi is buying SodaStream for 3.2 billion. You can remain brand loyal but start drinking healthier products.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I split this thread, since 17 out of the 21 pages were about my health conditions, and not about weight loss.

Here is the thread about what has been happening to me, and all my recent assorted health issues: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...adio-(for-now)

The weight loss itself was a success, though it happened involuntarily.

In fact, it was too much of a success, as now I'm actually hoping the weight loss stops, as I want to be able to control it.

As I write this post, I have lost 30 pounds, 17 of which fell off in a two week period between mid-late August and early September.

Needless to say, I have gone from a situation where my only real health concern was weight loss (which I thought was going to be hard to do), to various physical and mental health problems which, ironically, have resulted in the weight melting off on its own.

I'm now back to my 2009 weight. If I lose 10 more pounds, I will be back to my 1999 weight.

Load Metric
    I have heard you mention 5 of the below 10 early warning signs of cancer, which is more than a ding ding of the cancer bell. Get a competent doc.

New lumps or growths on your skin.

A sore or bruise that does not heal.

A mole that changes in shape, size or colour or bleeds in unusual circumstances.

An ongoing cough or hoarseness that last longer than three weeks.

Indigestion or difficulty in swallowing.

A change in bowel or bladder habits for no good reason.

Shortness of breath.

Loss of appetite.

Unexplained weight loss or tiredness.

Blood anywhere it normally should not be – in urine, bowel motions, or from spitting.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Druff, do you see a correlation between having becoming a father and letting yourself go?

Load Metric
    Im working really hard on losing weight sometimes fasting for a day. I lost from 245 to now 225 adding treadmill and rower machine workouts. Doing dumbbell 20 pound weights also. I got it down to 218 a week ago and the next day it was 225. When I hit the 218 went for an hour and a half with long long flight of stairs 2x. 7 pound fluctuation was most I ever had , could this have been water? I lost the weight over a 5 month time period, haven't had only minimal cholesterol . Sorry to hijack you thread don't think I qualify for this thread and though I posted a thread on my weight loss journey couldn't find the thread. I wish I could lose weight without trying, or maybe I don't. goal weight is 200 even.
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 10-09-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Im working really hard on losing weight sometimes fasting for a day. I lost from 245 to now 225 adding treadmill and rower machine workouts. Doing dumbbell 20 pound weights also. I got it down to 218 a week ago and the next day it was 225. When I hit the 218 went for an hour and a half with long long flight of stairs 2x. 7 pound fluctuation was most I ever had , could this have been water? I lost the weight over a 5 month time period, haven't had only minimal cholesterol . Sorry to hijack you thread don't think I qualify for this thread and though I posted a thread on my weight loss journey couldn't find the thread. I wish I could lose weight without trying, or maybe I don't. goal weight is 200 even.
    How the fuck do you gain seven pounds in a fucking day? Gallon of water is a little over eight pounds btw. You drink an entire gallon you're most likely dead.

Comments

splitthis: Heart problems

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I split this thread, since 17 out of the 21 pages were about my health conditions, and not about weight loss.

Here is the thread about what has been happening to me, and all my recent assorted health issues: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...adio-(for-now)

The weight loss itself was a success, though it happened involuntarily.

In fact, it was too much of a success, as now I'm actually hoping the weight loss stops, as I want to be able to control it.

As I write this post, I have lost 30 pounds, 17 of which fell off in a two week period between mid-late August and early September.

Needless to say, I have gone from a situation where my only real health concern was weight loss (which I thought was going to be hard to do), to various physical and mental health problems which, ironically, have resulted in the weight melting off on its own.

I'm now back to my 2009 weight. If I lose 10 more pounds, I will be back to my 1999 weight.
    I have asked every doctor I've seen about the cancer possibility, and most have said that it's not likely.

While the weight loss is concerning on the surface, the one thing which strongly points away from cancer was its abrupt fashion. Cancer doesn't just start abruptly showing symptoms like a cold does. It's a slow process of feeling progressively worse.

If I were losing weight because of cancer, it would have been a slow process of the weight gain slowing down, then stopping, then starting to lose weight.

Here I was consistently gaining weight, and then right when the anxiety showed up, it plummeted.

The weight loss was also pretty easy to correlate with the anxiety. When the anxiety was highest, the weight loss was fastest. When the anxiety slowed down, the weight loss stopped. With the anxiety increasing a little bit recently, the weight loss has started again, but not as rapid as before.

The shortness of breath was a little concerning, but my ability to do that hike on Saturday without getting winded (far tougher than walking up and down stairs) again would suggest that this is an inconsistent problem, perhaps due to either the anxiety, the LPR, or both.

I don't have difficulty swallowing. That is more of a GERD thing than LPR. Difficulty breathing when lying down, yes. Difficulty swallowing, never.

Occasionally I still get worried that there is cancer somewhere and I just don't know it yet, but I don't think that's the case.

Comments

MumblesBadly: You’ve got cancer of the worry wart. Liberally apply xanax to alleviate.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    How the fuck do you gain seven pounds in a fucking day? Gallon of water is a little over eight pounds btw. You drink an entire gallon you're most likely dead.
    You don't. Lots of reasons the scale could jump around a lot, but you pretty much cannot gain seven pounds of actual body weight.

It's the same when a person pays attention to their diet for three days days and claims they lost 10 pounds. No, you didn't...not unless you were like 400 lbs to begin with, did not eat the entire time, and exercised a ton. And even then, you probably would not have a big enough caloric deficit to actually lose 10 pounds of body weight.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  todd-2018-weightloss.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  54.0 KB

And I currently weigh about 3 pounds LESS than the Sept 2018 picture.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I agree that in a vacuum it is better (healthier) to be lighter. If your goal is to be healthier, blood work is much more important as well as diet and exercise.

I believe you are a super smart dude but your takes on dieting and nutrition are kind of old timey.

May I recommend reading about Paleo or Ketogenic eating or even the 4 hour body by Tim Ferriss.

Calorie counting and scale weight can be really overrated in my opinion. It is all about how the food you eat is affects your blood stream.

Peace,

Hozer11

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hozer11 View Post
    I agree that in a vacuum it is better (healthier) to be lighter. If your goal is to be healthier, blood work is much more important as well as diet and exercise.

I believe you are a super smart dude but your takes on dieting and nutrition are kind of old timey.

May I recommend reading about Paleo or Ketogenic eating or even the 4 hour body by Tim Ferriss.

Calorie counting and scale weight can be really overrated in my opinion. It is all about how the food you eat is affects your blood stream.

Peace,

Hozer11
    I didn't have control of this weight loss. While I initially planned to do it, my LPR and anxiety problems showed up immediately after I created this thread, and forced an involuntary 32 pound loss in 6 weeks.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hozer11 View Post

Peace,

Hozer11
    I didn't have control of this weight loss. While I initially planned to do it, my LPR and anxiety problems showed up immediately after I created this thread, and forced an involuntary 32 pound loss in 6 weeks.
    Understood. I guess my point is more in regards to your original weight loss post that started this thread. I would have liked to see you focus more on nutrition and exercise than what your scale says.

As an aside, more and more studies are showing the health (mental and physical) benefits of Ketogenic diets and even carnivore diets. If interested check out Rogan podcasts with Rhonda Patrick, Dom D'agostino and even Jordan Peterson.

If you haven't already please consider kicking soda and OJ.

Good luck in battling your health issues

Peace,

Hozer11

Platinum
    Load Metric
    On a semi-related note, I lost about 20 pounds watching what I ate fairly rigorously over months. Then I gained about 6 pounds back the last 3 days with some holiday excess. Sobering to say the least.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    On a semi-related note, I lost about 20 pounds watching what I ate fairly rigorously over months. Then I gained about 6 pounds back the last 3 days with some holiday excess. Sobering to say the least.
    If it makes you feel better, it is unlikely you gained 6 real pounds in 3 days.

Most of that is probably water weight and the remains of all that food in your body.

Wait about 3-7 days and your weight should mostly return back to normal.

Your body also makes an attempt to keep itself at the same weight, so short-term pigging out rarely results in permanent weight gain, just as starving yourself for a few days rarely results in a permanent weight loss.

After my unintentional, rapid weight loss, I wondered if my body was going to try and bring it back. However, even after the heavy anxiety and panic attacks (the cause of the weight loss) got mostly under control, there was still enough moderate anxiety to continue holding the weight down. Now the anxiety I experience is more sporadic and not enough to affect my weight, but my body has decided that 210 pounds is its new normal, so it looks like I've succeeded, albeit unintentionally, to shed 30 permanent pounds.

Load Metric
    nice job on the weight loss Druff.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

As 2019 went by, I started eating more and more, and basically returned to a lot of bad habits of eating very large meals and also eating a lot of junk late at night.

My weight rose to 232 by mid-June, just 9 pounds less than my high last year before the uncontrolled rapid weight loss due to the anxiety.

Frustrated by this, when I returned to the WSOP in late June, I did a form of the Intermittent Fasting Diet known as "The Warrior Diet", where basically I ate one huge meal per day and little else the entire time. I also mostly drank water. I came back from the WSOP to find mysef at 225 pounds.

However, this was easier to pull off at the Rio, given that my mind was on tournaments through most of the day (rather than eating), and given that I had very little food in my room.

Once I got home, I returned to crazy eating, and rose back to 232 pounds.

Earlier this month, I decided I was going to return to the Warrior Diet, and now eat almost nothing late at night, which is tough, but I'm managing it. Believe me, I have the urge to go crazy and eat massive amounts of food, but I'm fighting it.

I'm now 224 pounds. The goal is to return to 215, which I think it probably as far as I can get before my body starts fighting it and attempts to stop its own weight loss.

The main motivation I have to lose this weight is the fact that I don't want to toss away the one benefit I received out of the horrible experience last year.

Once I get to 215, I will try to introduce some kind of reasonable medium to where I can eat late at night, but not the large amounts I was before.

Load Metric
    BUMP

As 2019 went by, I started eating more and more, and basically returned to a lot of bad habits of eating very large meals and also eating a lot of junk late at night.

My weight rose to 232 by mid-June, just 9 pounds less than my high last year before the uncontrolled rapid weight loss due to the anxiety.

Frustrated by this, when I returned to the WSOP in late June, I did a form of the Intermittent Fasting Diet known as "The Warrior Diet", where basically I ate one huge meal per day and little else the entire time. I also mostly drank water. I came back from the WSOP to find mysef at 225 pounds.

However, this was easier to pull off at the Rio, given that my mind was on tournaments through most of the day (rather than eating), and given that I had very little food in my room.

Once I got home, I returned to crazy eating, and rose back to 232 pounds.

Earlier this month, I decided I was going to return to the Warrior Diet, and now eat almost nothing late at night, which is tough, but I'm managing it. Believe me, I have the urge to go crazy and eat massive amounts of food, but I'm fighting it.

I'm now 224 pounds. The goal is to return to 215, which I think it probably as far as I can get before my body starts fighting it and attempts to stop its own weight loss.

The main motivation I have to lose this weight is the fact that I don't want to toss away the one benefit I received out of the horrible experience last year.

Once I get to 215, I will try to introduce some kind of reasonable medium to where I can eat late at night, but not the large amounts I was before.
    Glad to here you are making progress towards getting into better shape. But let me be the first one here to say that the plan you mention at the end is likely to be as successful as promising to only have a little bit of sex with your smoking hot girlfriend once you and she get started. “Two minutes of sex is all I want, honey. After that, we’ll retire to our respective sides of the bed.”
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information