Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Here it goes again... I'm going to embark upon the painful journey of weight loss

Load Metric
    Losing weight takes the same discipline that it takes a drug addict to quit or cut back. You do it or you dont. Todd is a super smart guy so he knows how to lose weight if he wants to so no diet advice is going to make a difference. This isnt a critique as i got my own problems it just doesnt happen to be with over eating. He knows and we all know that sugar is the number one thing you need to eliminate to lose weight. But that is like telling an alcoholic he cant drink today. it is tough
    "It just goes to show the kind of person you are , I got no toe"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerpiper View Post
    Todd,

You can do it, and I guess you wouldn't put this out if you didn't want to discuss or get advice so

1) Was your earlier diet actutally a success? You are heavier than ever five years later.
    2) If it wasn't, what can you change? I think the soda/juice thing was huge (haha). Keep it up. Smaller dinner portions obviously is great. But the big missing thing is exercise. That's something you can change, and it can last a lifetime. Walk 1 mile a day. If the dog can only go half that, take Benjamin for the whole thing. That's less than half an hour a day, and is something like 100 calories (just for ease of calculation.) A pound is 3500 calories, so you're losing a pound a month basically just doing that. Walking is easy- unless its super hot, you don't even need to shower after or change into shorts or running shoes. Its kind of fun, too, as you can walk around the neighborhood and see what font your neighbors golden pool lettering is in.

Good luck.
    Why bother going outside to walk? He should get a treadmill and challenge himself to get up to walking an hour per day on it. Easy peazy. He just needs to get started on it. And he could have fun making up games to play with Benjamin using it. It’ll be a neverending opportunity to build good memories with the Younger Witteles.

Name:  0C15794D-84A5-4BC9-82C7-0B96F6033939.gif
Views: 627
Size:  316.5 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerpiper View Post
    Todd,

You can do it, and I guess you wouldn't put this out if you didn't want to discuss or get advice so

1) Was your earlier diet actutally a success? You are heavier than ever five years later.
    2) If it wasn't, what can you change? I think the soda/juice thing was huge (haha). Keep it up. Smaller dinner portions obviously is great. But the big missing thing is exercise. That's something you can change, and it can last a lifetime. Walk 1 mile a day. If the dog can only go half that, take Benjamin for the whole thing. That's less than half an hour a day, and is something like 100 calories (just for ease of calculation.) A pound is 3500 calories, so you're losing a pound a month basically just doing that. Walking is easy- unless its super hot, you don't even need to shower after or change into shorts or running shoes. Its kind of fun, too, as you can walk around the neighborhood and see what font your neighbors golden pool lettering is in.

Good luck.
    Why bother going outside to walk? He should get a treadmill and challenge himself to get up to walking an hour per day on it. Easy peazy. He just needs to get started on it. And he could have fun making up games to play with Benjamin using it. It’ll be a neverending opportunity to build good memories with the Younger Witteles.

Exercise, while having a ton of health benefits, will do little to lose weight. 80-90 percent of weight lose for your average person is going be from diet.

Gold
    Load Metric

When it comes to weight loss, I find it's best to know yourself, be honest with yourself, and come up with something realistic. Too many people try to interfere with others' weight loss, with statements like, "Try XXXX, that's what worked for me" or "No, you need to do it YYYYYY way".
    Then why make a post about it? If you want to keep it private don’t put it out on the message board or at least put a clear disclaimer that you dont want to hear any personal opinions.

Load Metric
    Druff: As I get older and since I quit the gym. I've found I put on about twenty pounds . My trick to weight loss is fairly simple.

No Bread

Exercise

No Sodas

I dont drink alcohol

Replace lunch with a nice salad

Breakfast always oatmeal

That's it not much to it really.

Twenty pounds for a guy in his mid fourties should be easy peazy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by igotnotoe View Post

Exercise, while having a ton of health benefits, will do little to lose weight. 80-90 percent of weight lose for your average person is going be from diet.
    ehh no not 80% maybe 60% ? I don't think anyone knows for sure
    Muscle burns fat exercise builds muscle

Bronze
    Load Metric

Keep same diet. Walk a mile a day. Lost 10 pounds in a year. Easy.

I'm not telling him to go to Jazzercise.

Of course diet is key, but a little exercise would accelerate his losses and give him something to do instead of eating El Pollo Loco.

Load Metric
    Exercise is good for you independent of weight loss.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

Load Metric

Actually, unless you are Type I diabetic, moderate daily exercise helps your body regulate your blood sugar, which in turn helps to prevent food craving and excess eating throughout the day. But if you want specifically to lose fat, the best form of exercise is weight training, not cardio.

But I doubt Druff would have even remotely considered that route given that it would be near impossible to interact with a computer or TV screen while doing so. Thst’s why I first suggested a treadmill desk. And I’d be all-in to him spending some time each radio show walking-while-talking as part of his regular exercise routine. In fact, he could even preface that segment of the show with some dedicated intro music, such as this:

Who’s with me?!!!
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 08-16-2018 at 11:45 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    I don't recommend treadmills for children.

Have heard of two family friends being injured on them lately. One some minor road rash but the other had 2nd degree burns.

Treadmill was in a tight corner, and the poor girl fell off got stuck and had a major friction burn.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: I dont recommend treadmills to people who live in warm climate

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Have heard of two family friends being injured on them lately. One some minor road rash but the other had 2nd degree burns.

Treadmill was in a tight corner, and the poor girl fell off got stuck and had a major friction burn.
    I’m sure that Druff has enough room at home to not have to squeeze a treadmill into a tight corner.

Chez Witteles?
    Name:  BDBDFB1A-67EA-4ED0-9D68-B7F987557FD4.jpeg
Views: 350
Size:  81.6 KB

Load Metric
    If you are gonna do treadmill make sure you do it on and incline.

Load Metric

I read Iron Mike Tyson's autobiography back in the day, most entertaining book I've ever read fwiw. Anyway, pretty sure Tyson said his son or daughter died at his old house in Arizona from messing around on a treadmill and being hung.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post

I read Iron Mike Tyson's autobiography back in the day, most entertaining book I've ever read fwiw. Anyway, pretty sure Tyson said his son or daughter died at his old house in Arizona from messing around on a treadmill and being hung.
    Don't recall that but read up on it after seeing your post.

The best part is her name was Exodus. Irony at its' best

Load Metric
    do any of you fags train with the heavy bag? Fun + great for overall fitness and hand eye coordination lean you up too

Load Metric
    The best thing you can do to lose weight is cut processed foods in general and added sugar especially.

Load Metric
    12 hour intermittent fasting plus a prescription of phentermine= massive weight loss...........or just stop eating good food.....
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    do any of you fags train with the heavy bag? Fun + great for overall fitness and hand eye coordination lean you up too
    Yes, but going done on her wasn’t as pleasant as I’d hoped it would be. Plus, she turned out to an angry mean person, so she wasn’t a keeper.

Comments

splitthis: Lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    The best thing you can do to lose weight is cut processed foods in general and added sugar especially.

The formula to lose weight is simple but the person needs to execute. It is like telling an alcoholic to go from 10 beers a day to 5 day. Sounds simple enough but actually following through long term is difficult.

If one simply cut out sugar and walked for an hour a day they would lose weight. Sugar is packed into everything Americans eat it is ridiculous.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Losing weight is easy.

1. Oatmeal for breakfast or egg white omelette with veg...whatever healthy breakfast you like.
    2. Healthy snack at 10...if oatmeal at breakfast have some protein, e.g. Harboiled egg
    3. Healthy but hearty lunch...grilled chicken salad, flatbread sandwich
    4. Healthy snack at 2/3....apple, banana etc
    5. Reasonable dinner...since you snacked you won't need a big ass dinner

No late snacking.

Thread Information