Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Here it goes again... I'm going to embark upon the painful journey of weight loss

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Master Scalir also gained weight since that pic, and last I heard, he was also attempting to lose weight. This was a few months ago, so I don't know how it's going. I'll ask him when I talk to him next.

I guess that jerking off in the Starbucks bathroom doesn't burn as many calories as he thought.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Fun Master Scalir fact:

When he was after Colleen several years ago, she made some random insult one time to him that he was fat. He had indeed gained some weight, but Colleen's criticism affected him so much that he went on a crash diet and barely ate anything. He lost 55 pounds in 6 months, which was clearly unhealthy, because he wasn't overweight enough to where such quick weight loss could ever be normal. He also got too skinny from it, as he didn't need to lose 55.

I tried to talk him out of it, but he wouldn't listen.

Load Metric
    Todd, will you be giving up yer morning pepsi on this journey?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    Maybe.

In 2013, one of my biggest problem was my frequent consumption of Pepsi/Coke and orange juice. This added up to a lot of extra calories. I cut down to 1 Pepsi in the morning and one orange juice at night, and drank water the rest of the day. I've mostly kept to that. Throughout the day, I'm mostly drinking water. PFAers who have dined with me (even on comps) will report that I'm usually ordering water with my meal, even if the soda is free.

In 2018, my biggest problem is simply eating a massive amount at dinner -- often the equivalent of two meals.

In both years, I had a problem with also eating a lot of candy and other junk throughout the day.

So the changes I'm making immediately are:

- Much smaller portion at dinner
    - No more candy or junk throughout the day
    - Strict adherance to a maximum of 2 high calorie drinks per day, and preferably just one. Today I woke up and only drank water.

While many in 2013 mocked such a diet plan as ineffective, that's indeed how I dropped 24 pounds. It wasn't temporary weight loss, as the weight stayed off for years, only slowly creeping up later when I started getting back to some old habits, and then rocketing up in 2018 when I started eating those massive dinners.

So I know it worked before. Once the weight gets back down, I will try to not deviate much from it.

The good thing about this type of diet is that I'm not trying to force down tasteless foods I dislike, and I'm not counting on an ambitious exercise program which will be hard to stick to (especially being 46, and sometimes having back and other pain which would interrupt such a regimen).

When it comes to weight loss, I find it's best to know yourself, be honest with yourself, and come up with something realistic. Too many people try to interfere with others' weight loss, with statements like, "Try XXXX, that's what worked for me" or "No, you need to do it YYYYYY way".

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Losing weight is as simple as burning more calories than you consume. It is basic maths
    #ToddsPlan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Maybe.

In 2013, one of my biggest problem was my frequent consumption of Pepsi/Coke and orange juice. This added up to a lot of extra calories. I cut down to 1 Pepsi in the morning and one orange juice at night, and drank water the rest of the day. I've mostly kept to that. Throughout the day, I'm mostly drinking water. PFAers who have dined with me (even on comps) will report that I'm usually ordering water with my meal, even if the soda is free.

In 2018, my biggest problem is simply eating a massive amount at dinner -- often the equivalent of two meals.

In both years, I had a problem with also eating a lot of candy and other junk throughout the day.

- Strict adherance to a maximum of 2 high calorie drinks per day, and preferably just one. Today I woke up and only drank water.

While many in 2013 mocked such a diet plan as ineffective, that's indeed how I dropped 24 pounds. It wasn't temporary weight loss, as the weight stayed off for years, only slowly creeping up later when I started getting back to some old habits, and then rocketing up in 2018 when I started eating those massive dinners.

So I know it worked before. Once the weight gets back down, I will try to not deviate much from it.

The good thing about this type of diet is that I'm not trying to force down tasteless foods I dislike, and I'm not counting on an ambitious exercise program which will be hard to stick to (especially being 46, and sometimes having back and other pain which would interrupt such a regimen).

When it comes to weight loss, I find it's best to know yourself, be honest with yourself, and come up with something realistic. Too many people try to interfere with others' weight loss, with statements like, "Try XXXX, that's what worked for me" or "No, you need to do it YYYYYY way".
    I'd go with zero high calorie drinks per day.

Load Metric
    Just do chemo and pounds fall off

Comments

MumblesBadly: Prolly not covered by his “terrible” Obamacare plan.

JACKDANIELS: Daaaaaaaang

wrenchjockey: Last post, humor until the end, you will be missed rep. RIP.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    What weight are you clocking now? OPlacks a current weight (giggling).

I recently had to tighten up the diet; metabolism could no longer keep up with working out daily and eating basically whatever (am vegetarian though).

Going cold turkey with obvious forms of sugar was the answer for me. Now even something like raw almonds taste sweet and fruit is like eating candy.

More energy too.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Druff, don’t be hasty on dismissing the treadmill desk idea. Because with a few simple mods to the unit, you will also be able to save money on electricity as you walk walk walk those pounds away.

Just think of it. You would be able to power your computers and cell phones off of a modded treadmill as you walk-while-you-work, which would lower the small regular loss you experience running the forum and radio show. And even get Ben in on the act when his sleep cycle is off, like it was a few weeks ago and he joined you on the show for a bit. 30 minutes cranking on the T-mill would most likely put him right into snoozeland.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    THIS ACTUALLY WORKED FOR A FRIEND OF MINE.

eat a big breakfeast and a big lunch. anything you want..

then after that, nothing... just 2 teaspoons of tuna salad at night to fight hunger pains..

Not eating at night is the key. I just took a humongous dump and feel 10 pounds lighter. It can take weeks to lose 10 pounds .If you don't take a vigilant attitude and inhale food a couple of days that weight will come back way faster then It took to get off. It takes a lot of willpower to lose weight and it takes the same mind set not to gain it back.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Humongous dump rep

Load Metric
    It's been said before but it's really a simple equation Calories you eat vs Calories you burn. Run the deficit you lose weight, run an excess you gain weight.

Calories are calories are calories, the only difference between calories from protein/fat/carbs is how your body burns and uses it. You run a calorie deficit but are doing high carb low fat/protien the lbs will drop but you'll lose plenty of muscle mass too, high protien low carb/protein you'll drop weight but it'll be less muscle mass and more fat.

Also, don't diet just do something sustainable and look at your calorie intake. From the last time we met in person I'm down 30ish lb (combination of gym/xfit/changing eating habits), age sucks but you can easily get to your goal with simple changes and maybe a bit of cardio each day (fuck walk the dog for 3 miles).

GL buddy
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    It's been said before but it's really a simple equation Calories you eat vs Calories you burn. Run the deficit you lose weight, run an excess you gain weight.

Calories are calories are calories, the only difference between calories from protein/fat/carbs is how your body burns and uses it. You run a calorie deficit but are doing high carb low fat/protien the lbs will drop but you'll lose plenty of muscle mass too, high protien low carb/protein you'll drop weight but it'll be less muscle mass and more fat.

Also, don't diet just do something sustainable and look at your calorie intake. From the last time we met in person I'm down 30ish lb (combination of gym/xfit/changing eating habits), age sucks but you can easily get to your goal with simple changes and maybe a bit of cardio each day (fuck walk the dog for 3 miles).

GL buddy
    The dog is 13 1/2 years old. No way he's going 3 miles.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Maybe.

There’s a very good chance that lack of core strength is the source of your back pain. You need to start a weight training resistance program. It doesn’t even have to be that intensive, 3-4 days a week. You can use the hotel gyms you stay at on the road.

Load Metric
    Your "diet" didn't work or you wouldn't need to be doing this again.

Nutrition and satiety.

Name:  IMG_20180816_075301.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  228.2 KB

Load Metric
    the good doctor Carrico has a diet known to work for millions

Name:  CluelessLegitimateCheetah-small.gif
Views: 606
Size:  972.7 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    the good doctor Curacao has a diet known to work for millions

Name:  CluelessLegitimateCheetah-small.gif
Views: 606
Size:  972.7 KB
    Yah. Was going to respond to CMoney's post with a "meth too" joke, but you beat me to it. Really though, just stop eating. All you really need to do is eat small healthy meals when yer so hungry that you can't concentrate. You will have alot more energy if you don't eat much. Big meals bog you down and make you tired. Do intermittent fasting where you eat during an 8 hour time window each day, and fast 16 hours each day. It will be uncomfortable at first, but your body will get used to it fast, and you will have a lot more energy. Also, very healthy to do a 24 hour fast once a week. This isn't as difficult as it sounds because sleep will be part of the fast. So stop eating 8 hours before bed, sleep 8 hours, then don't eat until 8 hours after you wake up.

Load Metric
    Also time to grow up and stop drinking soda. Drink coffee or tea like a normal adult

Load Metric
    Also time to grow up and stop drinking soda. Drink coffee or tea like a normal adult
    Caffeine also boosts the metabolic rate and can speed up weight loss

Did China ever lose any weight?

Druff, I've been on this diet that really works. I've lost the weight and kept it off for years. Its basically fasting. Dont eat anything before 10 am or anything after 6pm. I doubt you'll stick with any diet tho.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Todd,

You can do it, and I guess you wouldn't put this out if you didn't want to discuss or get advice so

1) Was your earlier diet actutally a success? You are heavier than ever five years later.
    2) If it wasn't, what can you change? I think the soda/juice thing was huge (haha). Keep it up. Smaller dinner portions obviously is great. But the big missing thing is exercise. That's something you can change, and it can last a lifetime. Walk 1 mile a day. If the dog can only go half that, take Benjamin for the whole thing. That's less than half an hour a day, and is something like 100 calories (just for ease of calculation.) A pound is 3500 calories, so you're losing a pound a month basically just doing that. Walking is easy- unless its super hot, you don't even need to shower after or change into shorts or running shoes. Its kind of fun, too, as you can walk around the neighborhood and see what font your neighbors golden pool lettering is in.

Good luck.

Comments

Wiganer: Pool font inspection rep

Thread Information