Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Climate Change - We’re Fucked

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Did you know that Mars’ ice age is ending....yet not an SUV or oil well on the planet....must be the mars rover.

Oops. Turns out planetary orbits fluctuate over time resulting in heating or cooling...not the rover at all.

http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Additionally, if science doesn’t figure out how to release the pressure from the caldera under Yellowstone, “global warming” won’t matter in the least...it will make the little ice age seem like a balmy Sunday afternoon.

Load Metric
    Who is convincing you that these things are true Texter?

Load Metric
    I really love reading this type of thread.

Instantly it's clear who hates the way the world is becoming. As change occurs all around these people they will deny that any meaningful change is underway. The facts you choose to dispute are having profound effects in how business is being conducted by damn near all corporations outside of fossil fuel producers.

There was a time in the history of the civilized world when manufacturers of Conestoga wagons and stagecoaches employed many people. When horseless carriages hit the streets all sorts of reasons describing the failures of this transportation revolution were treated as fact. Pedestrians will be slaughtered, occupants blood will boil if various speeds are exceeded. Horses will be spooked by horrible machines and injure riders. Some coach makers made the transition to car bodies, some went tits up.

All the airline companies continually look for ways to reduce their fuel use. GE Aviation and Rolls-Royce respond with more efficient engines.

None of you dopes have any influence determining how the world is moving away from fossil fuels.

Wind farms will continue to sprout from Texas to Canada. A pilot windmill project will be installed in Lake Erie outside of Cleveland soon. Lakes Erie and Ontario are best suited for wind power but expect south Lake Michigan to fill up and supply Chicago.

You cannot slow the falling price of solar panels and increasing usage of those panels. Drive towards Laughlin from Vegas and see immense solar farms.

You cannot stop Harley-Davidson from working on the development of an electric cycle.

You cannot stop India from allowing only electric cars to be sold beginning 2030, just 12 years away.

You cannot stop American truck fleets from implementing even the smallest efficiency gadgets ie aeroskirts on trailers.

You cannot convince auto makers to scrap their current inventory of engines and produce circa 60's garbage because that is maga. Belted ply tires offering 30k miles tops are also something you cannot demand. Ditto leaded gasoline.

Has anybody replying been sending resumes to the Appalachia region, looking to cash in on the coal mining boom? How about starting a car customizing shop specializing in decreasing efficiency, increasing steering slop, 8-track installation, seat selection prior to fu-fu ergonomics talk and shitty brakes. House remods that remove insulation, window replacement with rattling single panes, ancient furnaces with leaky ducts.

Please continue to hold tightly to your fantasies and display them proudly. People who are looking towards and preparing for the future deserve to know when an imbecile is in their presence.

Climate science is all fucked up but that 5g, now thats the shit. Science is only valid when it does not interfere with my desires. To those that deny, please find a way to actively fight for your beliefs. Report your success's and failures. Posting facts to this forum is a push. Living as if you are in the prior period when America was great is encouraged. What era did you choose, and what did you have to give up?

Go fuck yourselves.

Name:  supremacy1.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  157.9 KB

formatting is probably fucked

Comments

duped_samaritan:

limitles: good stuff

Kuntmissioner: word, what he wrote

FPS_Russia: One of the GOP's useful idiots spewing nonsense. We're moving away from fossil fuel and many of those things you claim can't be stopped would of been here decades ago but they got stopped.

Wiganer: Offset FPS retardation

JACKDANIELS: cleatus in the hizzay

Username: #FACTS

Mintjewlips: Great another prediction that will never come true
    Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The fact of the matter is if we need to make rapid changes that affects corporate profit we're fucked.
    We are paralyzed thanks to the corruption from the GOP, syuff like Citizen's United, Corporations are people, and all their other corruption schemes have made us the laughing stock of the world.

Anyways
    Time for the bad news, global dimming.
    Remember when air traffic was grounded after Sept 11, the temp rose quite a bit.
    Same thing will happen if we cut emissions. Google it.

Quote fr TIME
    U.N. Chief Says World Must 'Put the Brake' on Emissions by 2020 to Slow Climate Change.

We'll get right on that.
    Skip to the Geoengineering, we're not reducing shit.
    The big picture
    Considering next year the interest on our national debt will eclipse defense spending, who gives a fuck. World war 3 is better than being debt slaves to a bunch of greasy douchebags ainec

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

Plain old facts....I believe that man effects climate but The doomsayers who cry wolf are ridiculous. Whatever happened to “we are at peak oil and running out”....wouldn’t that pretty much self solve the fossil fuel issue?

BY THEN IT WILL BE TOO LATE.....#cryingwolf

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Plain old facts....I believe that man effects climate but The doomsayers who cry wolf are ridiculous. Whatever happened to “we are at peak oil and running out”....wouldn’t that pretty much self solve the fossil fuel issue?

What facts are you talking about? I have to trust people the world over, not just in America, who know this stuff.
    And they are typically scientists. No American political agenda but people who study this stuff every day.
    What is the agenda from people around the world who are in agreement about climate change?
    And when it comes to peak oil I don't think that means we're nearing the last drop by any stretch.
    Lots left to burn if there is anyone left to burn it.

Load Metric
    Real talk, they have power cells that can be powered by vibrations.......and were talking about wind farms

Dont shoot the messenger...

Comments

cleatus: hey M. Angelo, your pwr cells are mounted on industrial things that vibrate. These things vibrate because some pwr source like electricity is causing vibrations as an unwanted effect. "power cells" generate microamps, used to radio data <100'.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Ion engines aren't just a theory....we will never see them used in a general practical use in our lifetime the potential for destruction outweighs the good it would do, pretty much the story of any technology deemed "disruptive", and I don't mean it in the same way those fags in silicon valley do...but that doesn't mean they aren't being used...

Comments

cleatus: again you prove your stupidity. Ion drives have been used to maneuver spacecraft successfully. not inherently destructive. Ass Jones got you all fucked up punk.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I am not saying climate change isn’t real and it isn’t a problem.

But the chicken little sky is falling stuff is just giving the climate change deniers too much ammunition to work with.

Let’s just say it like it is. We are causing the environment to change. It isn’t a good thing for a lot of reasons and we will all be worse off for it. But most of us will be fine in the short to medium term regardless minus some unforeseen calamity.
    The biggest risk is that the methane trapped in the permafrost and ocean beds around the world get burped into the atmosphere.

We could face a very rapid heating of the planet to the level that precipitated the Permian extinction. And that was only about 6 degrees C above pre-industrial temps.

If you aren’t familiar with the Permian extinction, here’s a primer for a general audience.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

So you just wake up one day and know them to be true?

Let's start with this one:

"Additionally, if science doesn’t figure out how to release the pressure from the caldera under Yellowstone, “global warming” won’t matter in the least...it will make the little ice age seem like a balmy Sunday afternoon."

Platinum
    Load Metric

"Additionally, if science doesn’t figure out how to release the pressure from the caldera under Yellowstone, “global warming” won’t matter in the least...it will make the little ice age seem like a balmy Sunday afternoon."
    Yellowstone Park is a giant volcano that blows every million years or so. When it blows again most of North America will be buried in ash, the sun will be blotted out for years, and the world will enter a massive Ice Age. Given geologic time scales not something I would prioritize over trying to mitigate man-made global climate change, but it is a thing.

Comments

MumblesBadly: JFC! Why do you fall for faulty reporting on this matter, and is it due to a heritable genetic defect?

SysOp: mumbles mumbled

Load Metric

Yellowstone Park is a giant volcano that blows every million years or so. When it blows again most of North America will be buried in ash, the sun will be blotted out for years, and the world will enter a massive Ice Age. Given geologic time scales not something I would prioritize over trying to mitigate man-made global climate change, but it is a thing.
    Who do you think convinced Texter that "if science doesn’t figure out how to release the pressure from the caldera under Yellowstone, “global warming” won’t matter in the least"?

Not the kind of thing you just 'know as fact'

In the end, arguing about which facts are true or not is pointless since we aren't experts. We need to be comparing sources and determining which are more reliable.

Comments

Username: see my answer below. lots of sage wisdom in these parts.....

Load Metric

Who do you think convinced Texter that "if science doesn’t figure out how to release the pressure from the caldera under Yellowstone, “global warming” won’t matter in the least"?

In the end, arguing about which facts are true or not is pointless since we aren't experts. We need to be comparing sources and determining which are more reliable.
    Which is what the IPCC did.

Comments

duped_samaritan:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Banned
    Load Metric

also, in the not too distant past, thesparten taught me that humans are spawned from reptiles. he said lesser evolved humans have a greater chance of surviving/thriving in the new "globally warmer," world.
    Last edited by Username; 10-11-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric

They have specials on it on Discovery and Science channel and what not, and every once in a while it hits the mainstream press. This isn't political at all. Yellowstone being a giant active volcano that will eventually explode again, and it being an extinction level event when it does happen, isn't even a debate in scientific circles. It is just a matter of when (on a geologic scale, meaning it could be several hundred thousand years till it happens).

I mean I guess you could just be ignorant and ignore all the scientists and deny it, but doing so would probably be akin to arguing that dinosaurs and humans walked the planet at the same time.

Load Metric
    Summary:

Scientists: "We need to do something NOW or else the world will be totally fucked just a few generations from now. Here's a massive report to prove our claim: http://www.ipcc.ch/report/sr15/ "

I disagree that "we are fucked."
    if science doesn’t figure out how to release the pressure from the caldera under Yellowstone, “global warming” won’t matter in the least...
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard
    Yellowstone Park is a giant volcano that blows every million years or so. When it blows again most of North America will be buried in ash, the sun will be blotted out for years, and the world will enter a massive Ice Age.[...]They have specials on it on Discovery and Science channel and what not

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The IPCC lowballed the current warming and threat.

Every half a degree rise

means 10 to 15% rise in hurricane strength is possible.

Alarmist
    Guy McPherson claims there's a shitload of nuclear spent fuel pools at risk of running dry, if it happens even once we're fucked.

Load Metric

A few minutes of googling, and the distraction you present here is debunked as a credible threat for the foreseeable future. Why? Science, motherfucker. Not the junk science conservotards like to propel into the discussion as a distraction to a sensible conversation about anthropogenic climate change.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/ro.../#.W7_ZQCJMGEc
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information