Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hilarious prank shows how ridiculous the academic left has become

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    the dog humping study was my fav
    That's the one which blew the lid off this whole hoax.

They were planning to go further with it, but someone on Twitter read the dog humping paper and started raising questions.

The hoaxers had committed at the beginning to admit it was a joke if confronted about it, so they immediately owned up to what they did.

That one seems to be the most ridiculous of the bunch, though the paper about straight men needing to be anally penetrated to understand gays and feminism was a close second.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

So you are going to completely ignore the actual point of the post (how absurd the academic left is) to nitpick a phrase that I assume Druff used that was edited out (because I can't find it)?

Sounds about right.

I am sure you will even consider it a "win" on your part completely ignoring the point of the post to nitpick an inconsequential minor detail.
    The point of the article Druffs post was based on was to attack schools with Liberal Arts Programs (basically all of them).

Ben Shapiro was just counting on all the Tucker Carlson fanboys to assume 'Liberal Arts' has something to do with politics. Druff just swapped out 'Liberal Arts' for 'Academic Left'
    You are too obsessed with the "liberal arts" portion of this.

Yes, some people will be confused about what "liberal arts" really means (especially those who never attended college themselves), but I doubt that was Shapiro's intention. Regardless of what you might think of Shapiro, his articles don't rely upon buzzwords and clickbait.

While Shapiro could have worded it better, his point was that academia, which leans overwhelmingly left, is so entrenched in identity politics and hetero white male hatred that they will often rubber stamp nearly any paper "on their side" as legitimate.

Your earlier comparison to Sascha Baron Cohen's special was actually closer than you realize.

Cohen's entire special revolved around getting conservatives (some prominent, some simply representing specific interests) to say and do ridiculous things, simply based upon the belief that they're talking with a friendly party.

The humor in what Cohen did came from the fact that America is so politically tribal at this point that few are willing to challenge any assertion made by someone on their own political side, regardless of how outrageous. My problem with Cohe's special was that he only attacked the right, even though there were loads of opportunities to also make the left look stupid. He included a few very gentle segments with Democrats in his show, in order to give the impression he wasn't biased.

This prank was similar to what Cohen did, but targeting the other side. The same rigid political dogma which caused right-wingers to support arming 5-year-olds in school is what caused lefty professors to believe that it's reasonable to study humping dogs causing homophobia and rape culture. It's the same echo chamber stupidity currently plaguing BOTH parties.

I've also already explained what I mean by the "academic left". That is not another term for "liberal arts", nor is it meant to be the opposite of the "academic right" (of which there is very little).

The academic left is the a subset of the American left -- the portion which is entrenched in academia. The academic left tends to be the most extreme and ridiculous portion of the left, hence it being responsible for the creation of modern day SJWs and other idiot fringe leftist groups which give reasonable Democrats a bad name.

As I believe you are on the political left but not an SJW, I'm surprised that you're not offering more harsh words for this portion of your party.

FYI, the extremism of the academic and Hollywood left is a lot of what led to Trump's victory. They came to be seen as representative of Democrats as a whole, and blue collar middle America decided that Trump was the antithesis of that.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    the dog humping study was my fav

They were planning to go further with it, but someone on Twitter read the dog humping paper and started raising questions.

The hoaxers had committed at the beginning to admit it was a joke if confronted about it, so they immediately owned up to what they did.

That one seems to be the most ridiculous of the bunch, though the paper about straight men needing to be anally penetrated to understand gays and feminism was a close second.
    Makes me think of how many straight guys I could have penetrated in high school so as not to look insensitive.

Me: Hey Josh, let me get just the tip in, its totally cool. Bro, its 2018, do you like hate gays or something?

Josh: Ok dude, but use more lube this time.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Makes me think of how many straight guys I could have penetrated in high school so as not to look insensitive.

Me: Hey Josh, let me get just the tip in, its totally cool. Bro, its 2018, do you like hate gays or something?

Josh: Ok dude, but use more lube this time.
    Probably not high school. But in colleges today there probably is intense peer pressure for straight guys to go gay, especially for white guys. They realize they are at the bottom of the victimization pyramid and some of them probably go gay just to avoid the stigma.

Thread Information