Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL dead by 2025 -385

Load Metric

NFL dead by 2025 -385

Dead sport walking. About 10 mins of shitty action and 3 hrs of commercials. No, this is not a downswing; the sport is fucking DONE. If I was an owner i would be looking to sell to any dumbfuck buyer before the inevitable firesale.

NBA AND SOCCER clearly on the rise and will eat the NFL’s lunch. I called this like 3-4 years ago and virtually never wrong.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: its dead to me already

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Are you C-Money's dead dupe? Because you post stupid enough to be it. Worm-hole is dead. It died with "him or whatever it" was. C-Money in my circles' was a cuck.
    "

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Dead sport walking. About 10 mins of shitty action and 3 hrs of commercials. No, this is not a downswing; the sport is fucking DONE. If I was an owner i would be looking to sell to any dumbfuck buyer before the inevitable firesale.

NBA AND SOCCER clearly on the rise and will eat the NFL’s lunch. I called this like 3-4 years ago and virtually never wrong.

Not even an NFL fan (I can't even get into the Rams, like I thought maybe I could), but NFL is still very big. They're not doing themselves any favors by failing to completely squash this anthem kneeling BS (alienating a large portion of the fanbase), but NFL will endure for a very long time.

If any sport has a future issues, it's baseball, because the fanbase is old, and they aren't doing enough to reach out to potential young fans. Their ridiculous local blackout policy on mobile devices is going to be the death of them.

And soccer...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Not even an NFL fan (I can't even get into the Rams, like I thought maybe I could), but NFL is still very big. They're not doing themselves any favors by failing to completely squash this anthem kneeling BS (alienating a large portion of the fanbase), but NFL will endure for a very long time.

If any sport has a future issues, it's baseball, because the fanbase is old, and they aren't doing enough to reach out to potential young fans. Their ridiculous local blackout policy on mobile devices is going to be the death of them.

And soccer...

No offense, but you’re old and out of touch

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You are obsessed with soccer and other Eurosports. You aren't looking at this with a clear head.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I don't think the NFL is in any danger as far as being a viable entertainment product. But we could as a society decide it is just too dangerous. I am sure gladiator fights to the death were pretty popular in their day, but noone is clamoring for their return.

Load Metric
    the NFL will be replaced by Drone Racing (Micon's vision realized!!!)
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric

No offense, but you’re old and out of touch
    This is true but consider this

Kids today only know of games that start with a coin flip and the opening a large box filled with 22 down filled pillows.

I think the kids just accept football as it is cause they don’t know how great it once was.

It is the old guys that remember real football who are losing interest. I haven’t seen a complete NFL game yet.

Troy Polamalu of the Steelers can be employed as a line of demarcation. If you saw him in his heyday your love of the NFL is on the decline.

Today, Polamalu would be so heavily fined that he might have taken up soccer.

Name:  A03D0BAE-7B99-4EE0-82B2-7B697CF9D7B5.jpeg
Views: 480
Size:  23.9 KB

Kids may actually love the NFL more than the old men

Edit

Found this quick highlight. Look at the Jets player twitching on the ground.

Question: How many flags would be thrown?

Answer: Every available flag. Refs would huddle and figure out a penalty later.

Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-02-2018 at 01:33 AM.

Load Metric
    You are obsessed with soccer and other Eurosports. You aren't looking at this with a clear head.
    Eurosports? lol Druff. World sports. You genuinely don't agree that with an ever growing immigrant population, the USA will grow more and more to like the world's most popular sport?

Comments

Tellafriend: MAGA so hopefully we won't turn into a soccer shithole

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Eurosports? lol Druff. World sports. You genuinely don't agree that with an ever growing immigrant population, the USA will grow more and more to like the world's most popular sport?
    Dead wrong. Immigrants generally want to assimilate.

Load Metric
    I think we have already seen peek NFL. It won’t be dead by 2025. It may make more $$ then today because of inflation. I think the top is in or we are close to it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I think we have already seen peek NFL. It won’t be dead by 2025. It may make more $$ then today because of inflation. I think the top is in or we are close to it.

this.

its too big to fail.

but in a very real way the black athletes and stars of the sport are deliberately rebranding it to remind America that the police in many communities are allowed to comport themselves like rogue death squads with total impunity, and thats brilliant, justified, and highly effective.

truly curious to see how this all shakes out because seriously what do you do with a fucking football stadium once football is officially not putting asses in seats? soccer is not the answer, btw.

look at las vegas for an example of the dynamics at play; the vegas housing market is literally experiencing sustained, enduring positive growth and the single biggest reason is they bought the fucking Raiders and are building a stadium for them.

gotta wonder whats going to become of that growth if we see another deutsche bank debacle where the backers refuse to throw good money after bad.

too big to fail does not mean too big to shut down stadiums.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    NFL quarterback Larry Laffer

Skip to 1:03
    #ToddsPlan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

this.

its too big to fail.

but in a very real way the black athletes and stars of the sport are deliberately rebranding it to remind America that the police in many communities are allowed to comport themselves like rogue death squads with total impunity, and thats brilliant, justified, and highly effective.

truly curious to see how this all shakes out because seriously what do you do with a fucking football stadium once football is officially not putting asses in seats? soccer is not the answer, btw.

look at las vegas for an example of the dynamics at play; the vegas housing market is literally experiencing sustained, enduring positive growth and the single biggest reason is they bought the fucking Raiders and are building a stadium for them.

gotta wonder whats going to become of that growth if we see another deutsche bank debacle where the backers refuse to throw good money after bad.

Orwell’s explanation of patriotism was simple and important. His implication was that while nationalism is about the relationship between your country and other countries, patriotism is about the relationship between your country and yourself - the ideals, values and personal liberty.

Obviously, Patriotism is clearly not being celebrated by the Anthem.

I have long objected to the National Anthem being played before games. I felt this way a long time ago during my years in sports. The Star Spangled Banner has been trivialized and rebranded. No one pays any fucking attention to it. Politics and sports should not be intertwined.

The tradition of the National Anthem being played in sports stadiums was borne of the nationalism felt during World War 1. Some MLB players stayed and some were drafted. As well, there was an obligation for those players who remained to publicly honor those who fought.

Treacherous ground.

I find it no coincidence that the requirement that NFL players be present on the field (previously they were in the locker room) during the song started during the hysteria that engulfed the United States after 9/11.

Frankly, the realization that the political right is now about nationalism just makes every rendition a scary premonition. I’m supposed to drop prewar Germany here, correct?

If this has fractured the NFL fan base as the right has fractured our country and our families then let the NFL burn. You make your choices and suffer the consequences.

I don’t personally feel the Anthem issue is the NFL’s biggest problem rather just another leg removed from the stool. The NFL feels it more than the other sports because it is already precarious

There is no way the Anthem gets dropped now. Can you imagine that debate?

But seriously, Mahomes is god.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

this.

its too big to fail.

Orwell’s explanation of patriotism was simple and important. His implication was that while nationalism is about the relationship between your country and other countries, patriotism is about the relationship between your country and yourself - the ideals, values and personal liberty.

Obviously, Patriotism is clearly not being celebrated by the Anthem.

I have long objected to the National Anthem being played before games. I felt this way a long time ago during my years in sports. The Star Spangled Banner has been trivialized and rebranded. No one pays any fucking attention to it. Politics and sports should not be intertwined.

The tradition of the National Anthem being played in sports stadiums was borne of the nationalism felt during World War 1. Some MLB players stayed and some were drafted. As well, there was an obligation for those players who remained to publicly honor those who fought.

Treacherous ground.

I find it no coincidence that the requirement that NFL players be present on the field (previously they were in the locker room) during the song started during the hysteria that engulfed the United States after 9/11.

Frankly, the realization that the political right is now about nationalism just makes every rendition a scary premonition. I’m supposed to drop prewar Germany here, correct?

If this has fractured the NFL fan base as the right has fractured our country and our families then let the NFL burn. You make your choices and suffer the consequences.

I don’t personally feel the Anthem issue is the NFL’s biggest problem rather just another leg removed from the stool.

There is no way the Anthem gets dropped now. Can you imagine that debate?

But seriously, Mahomes is god.

Someones going to buy the NFL and the first thing they are going to do is drop the anthem and the second thing they are going to do is decide which stadium venues to sell.

All but a select few games will be broadcast from private underground arenas where hyperrich and co watch live from box seats serviced by Michelin starred catering while the rest of us watch on closed circuit feeds. You can pay for the entire game or you can watch UFC style outtakes on ESPN in between commercials.

The NFL has always been at war with Eurasia.

Comments

Sanlmar: A touchdown for bourgeois democracy
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Ratings are way up this year.

Thanks to the God King making the blacks stand.

(((obviously)))

Load Metric

LOL, football viewership has going up since the 2016-2017 trough.

Did you also forget about this Krypt? It's a biggie, ***Fan Engagement*** due to new legalized state sports betting. Let's just say $2b extra for the NFL eventually...um, doesn't sound like any dead industry I've heard about.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/09/2...pert-says.html

Load Metric
    NFL will carry on but I would expect it to start looking differently.

The CTE research is pretty irrefutable and will be tougher for the NFL to ignore as the next generation starts shitting themselves and forgetting what day it is.

I do think the league is lacking a bunch of genuine stars but perhaps there's some new faces emerging.

LOL at the protests mattering. It's ridiculous that we have to have the national anthem before every sporting event in this country, should only be for holidays and international play imo.

The number of fans who 'boycott' is negligible and not the people buying tickets anyways.

Baseball is fucked.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    I can't feel my body
    Headline on CNN about the teen dying in Georgia.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/01/healt...ies/index.html

Last year, of the 4 million young people who played organized football, 13 died from the sport, according to the National Center for Catastrophic Sport Injury Research.

4 on field injuries, 9 indirect (heat stroke, heart attacks,etc).

How long until high school players are only allowed to play flag football?

If kids are dying, people are not happy........unless it's gun violence.

Load Metric
    Only thing that has saved Football to this point is Fantasy teams. Without that the NFL would never have even come close to its popularity. I actually somewhat agree with Krypt on this one. It won't be dead but it won't be top gun by 2025 imo. NBA is on an upswing however if their stars continue with their politics that will come to an abrupt end. People are sick of political bs. They want to spend two hours a day without any so when these fucks start anti Trumping shit it pisses off half the population and generally speaking the half that actually spends the money going to games. Not too many far left lib cocksuckers at Golden State Warrior games I can assure of you that.

Thread Information