Thread: Greedy NFL players.

Load Metric

Greedy NFL players.

I think the owners need to come together and black ball players who hold out. Fuck you le'vion bell. You are making enough asshole

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeykilla View Post
    I think the owners need to come together and black ball players who hold out. Fuck you le'vion bell. You are making enough asshole
    Earl Thomas signed a contract so hard to defend him. But Bell had a 4 year rookie deal he had no control over and was franchise tagged twice. No one should be forced to work for 6 years (in a career with a very short shelf life) with no input into their salary. It doesn’t matter how much you make. That is wrong IMO.

Load Metric
    He is not worth what he is asking. His good years are over. Any team that signs him is retarded. No loyalty and if you look at his twitter, partying and rapping is more important to him. The guy is delusional. I think the Steelers are retarded for not trading him.

Load Metric
    He is not worth what he is asking. His good years are over.
    Ironic don't ya think? He gets pinned down for 4 yrs at a lower salary then they'd love 2 more but dude deserved to get paid and never has due to restrictions now you want to use the excuse his best days are past LOL Heard this debate last week, RB's get screwed if they don't make the stand he is taking, the good one's at least. If average career is 5 yrs for them and then past rime then they would never see the big money if they played by the rules completely.

Hold out Id say, he literally deserves it and the only chance he has to get his.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    He is not worth what he is asking. His good years are over. Any team that signs him is retarded. No loyalty and if you look at his twitter, partying and rapping is more important to him. The guy is delusional. I think the Steelers are retarded for not trading him.
    Let the market decide that. It is complete bullshit he was forced coming into the league to sign a 4 year deal where he was clearly underpriced the last 3 years, and then get franchise tagged twice. Anyone in a non QB position who gets franchised tagged twice should hold out of principle (if they can afford it) IMO. The franchise tag for non QBs (who can fade it because they make so much more $$ and have longer careers) is complete garbage, and whoever negotiated that on the players side should be thrown in prison IMO. At the very least it is criminal to use it on any non QB coming off their rookie deal.

I am not blaming the Steelers for anything, but I think it shows what a clownshow the NFL is that the rules are set up so they even have the ability to screw their players like that.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Let the market decide that. It is complete bullshit he was forced coming into the league to sign a 4 year deal where he was clearly underpriced the last 3 years, and then get franchise tagged twice. Anyone in a non QB position who gets franchised tagged twice should hold out of principle (if they can afford it) IMO. The franchise tag for non QBs (who can fade it because they make so much more $$ and have longer careers) is complete garbage, and whoever negotiated that on the players side should be thrown in prison IMO. At the very least it is criminal to use it on any non QB coming off their rookie deal.

I am not blaming the Steelers for anything, but I think it shows what a clownshow the NFL is that the rules are set up so they even have the ability to screw their players like that.
    billionaires didn't get to billionaire because they weren't able to figure out how to tip shit in their favor...they know that there is a damn near zero percent chance that the players can strike for a prolonged period of time...theres obviously a lotta buzz about a strike when the CB expires (2020?), but id be shocked if that happened...players realize that they can't afford to give a full year of their careers up in a game like this...this aint basketball where they could...

will be interesting to see what concessions (if any) the owners give up...they might give a couple of bps more on the revenue share, but id be stunned if they give up these bullshit non-guaranteed "contracts", rookie scale, and franchise tags...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=verminaard;804075]

there's nothing really redeeming about NFL football. i mean,...nothing is good about it.

lol @ clay matthews penalty...i love it.

vince mcmahon has to come it and pilfer the rosters and make another league better.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Thread Information