Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doug Polk retires ( Later Fag)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    does anyone have a source?

i checked twitter and see nothing, checked his youtube and no mention there either
    You can’t be this retarded. I googled “Doug Polk retires” and the first 20 some results are links to cardplayer and twoplustwo and various other sites where this is discussed in depth.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snowtracks View Post
    Good News Seriously Serious will be out of a job
    My career has never been better. I am extremely thankful for how much my life has improved these last 5 years. I get offered a lot of work that I have to turn down because I am simply too busy to take on any more. I owe much of this recognition to Doug. Losing him as a client would suck, but he's not the only one I work with. Fortunately, he's still very interested in making videos.

-SS

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: good for you SS all the best

Platinum
    Load Metric
    It seems to me that "poker retirement" basically means the player is going to keep playing, but acknowledges they aren't really beating the game anymore, and they need to pursue other avenues of income.

Load Metric
    Good for Doug Polk and wish him all the best, I assume he will still play but not as a touring pro any more.

use to be very interested in poker news and gossip, I had a look at pokernews web site today and was not interested in any of the articles and turned it off.
    Have pretty much stoped playing poker except for a few sessions in vegas when i was last there, even though i had winning sessions i was just board and hated most of the lunkheads i was playing with, they were mostly pro's waiting for a spot to double up and then leave. Its just not fun any more. don't even miss it either I think i was a loosing player too not a lot but probably 6-10 k per year its nice to have that back in the front pocket.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Good for Doug Polk and wish him all the best, I assume he will still play but not as a touring pro any more.

use to be very interested in poker news and gossip, I had a look at pokernews web site today and was not interested in any of the articles and turned it off.
    Have pretty much stoped playing poker except for a few sessions in vegas when i was last there, even though i had winning sessions i was just board and hated most of the lunkheads i was playing with, they were mostly pro's waiting for a spot to double up and then leave. Its just not fun any more. don't even miss it either I think i was a loosing player too not a lot but probably 6-10 k per year its nice to have that back in the front pocket.
    If he formally classifies his poker *playing* income as an “amateur”/“recreational” on his taxes, he no longer can deduct any traveling expenses specifically for playing poker on his taxes, but also doesn’t have to pay self-employment/Keogh taxes on his net poker earnings. But if he’s still traveling to do poker *coaching* and/or media reporting as part of the remainder of his business, he would be able to deduct those expenses against hisnotjer business income.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information