Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kyler Murray (Oklahoma) 2018 Heisman Trophy Winner

Load Metric
    Murray will win the Heisman.

Haskins is the best QB in college football.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    This thread has a lot of Garrett fail in it. I feel like he is someone who listens to bad sports radio but doesn’t actually watch sports.
    funny you have that opinion

Since you have been so candid in sharing with me, let me tell you to how most people think of your posts. You have a very disjointed way of explaining yourself. It makes you seem disconnected, and misinformed. I honestly think most people on this forum see a Verminaard post, and immediately scroll their mouse down, to get to the next post as quickly as possible.

You are terrible, yet you try to post as fact, so now do us all a favor and dial the verminaard hot steaming pile of shit posts back a bit....

Thanks bud

Comments

limitles: not trying to be mean but this is an accurate take

Tellafriend: Shut up Garrett

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    This thread has a lot of Garrett fail in it. I feel like he is someone who listens to bad sports radio but doesn’t actually watch sports.

Since you have been so candid in sharing with me, let me tell you to how most people think of your posts. You have a very disjointed way of explaining yourself. It makes you seem disconnected, and misinformed. I honestly think most people on this forum see a Verminaard post, and immediately scroll their mouse down, to get to the next post as quickly as possible.

You are terrible, yet you try to post as fact, so now do us all a favor and dial the verminaard hot steaming pile of shit posts back a bit....

Thanks bud

Please tell me Garrett isn’t what we traded all of the good posters for?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    At fair odds I wouldn’t take the bet. I think Tua is the chalk and deservedly so but Murray has looked great. Absolutely top 3.

Wouldn’t have taken 5-1 2 months ago and I was dead wrong. Kids the chalk now aparently.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Thanks bud

JSearless I called this one, and whats funny is you try sooo hard in the sports thread, while people laugh at you.

I promise you jsearless If you just knew who to listen too, you wouldn't be such a big loser.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

JSearless I called this one, and whats funny is you try sooo hard in the sports thread, while people laugh at you.

I promise you jsearless If you just knew who to listen too, you wouldn't be such a big loser.
    Here's where we disagree. Searles would still be a big loser even if he predicted the outcome of man

Load Metric
    Name:  tenor.gif
Views: 276
Size:  65.2 KB

Load Metric
    Drafted 9th overall in MLB Draft but passed on the Millions of dollars, to continue to play Football.

Kyler Murray will win the Heisman Trophy this year, and Oklahoma will play in the National Championship!

Book it!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  haha.png
Views: 276
Size:  337.4 KB

Load Metric
    Never thought I’d say this but Garrett is god.

Load Metric
    Name:  kmurray.png
Views: 223
Size:  542.9 KB

Load Metric
    Name:  kmurray.png
Views: 223
Size:  542.9 KB

All that being said he is fucking retarded.

Take the $9M and go make a life in baseball.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    maybe pittsburgh makes a play on him.?

i could see them convincing him he'll get a shot when big ben leaves and will tell him he'll be involved in the wildcat and other offensive game plans until them.

although i don;t now where he falls on the thug o meter, and if pitt might not want any part of it if he is
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    From what I’ve seen I’d take Haskins off the board as QB1. I know the kids a great athlete but so is everyone else in the NFL.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    From what I’ve seen I’d take Haskins off the board as QB1. I know the kids a great athlete but so is everyone else in the NFL.
    have you ever heard him speak? does he come across as being a leader?

..i'm sure the giants will pick the wrong player, but since nobody knows which one will suck more does it matter....haha

i wonder who will draft that tree from buffalo
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric

You better have a great OL. I love Haskins obviously being a buckeye, but I’ve never seen such an accurate QB who just loses it almost completely if he has to move his feet. Anything that moves him off his spot makes him spew the ball. Love him with the right team.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

You better have a great OL. I love Haskins obviously being a buckeye, but I’ve never seen such an accurate QB who just loses it almost completely if he has to move his feet. Anything that moves him off his spot makes him spew the ball. Love him with the right team.

a big black no mobility QB might be positive. we already now the scramblers can't throw for shit

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

There is a reason why Steven A Smith got eviserated for saying he was more of a runner than a passer. In a lot of ways this might be the most overtly racist statement you will hear this draft season. If he was white he would never say that. The 1 QB he keeps getting compared to is Drew Bledsoe. That should tell you all you need to know.

He would be a mess with that giants O-Line. I do think the best way to roll out a franchise QB is to make him sit a year. Put a veteran in front of him and put all your resources into building a O-Line around him. Then turn the keys over in year two.

Comments

BCR: [plain]Lol I hadn’t heard that he said that. He couldn’t pick up a 3 &1 all year to save his life. He’s the whitest black QB I’ve ever seen, whatever his 40 says, he’s slower. I agree with sitting a QB and building a line. Most teams jus

Load Metric
    Dwayne Haskins vs. Kyler Murray

I am a born and raised New York Giants fan, being from New Jersey I grew up going to Giants games and they are pretty much my biggest passion in all of sports. Needless to say these past few years have been tough to watch, albeit with a few silver linings like signing OBJ long-term and drafting Saquon Barkley. All that being said, very very few teams win NFL Championships without excellent quarterback play. Most recently I can really only remember one meh quarterback doing so, which would be Trent Dilfer of the 2000 Baltimore Ravens. Who ironically enough beat the Giants in that Super Bowl.

The importance of an outstanding quarterback who is a field general, natural born leader, as well as is calm cool and collected under pressure cant be underestimated. Think Patrick Mahomes recently and funny story about him. The Giants were about to draft Mahomes and the K.C Chiefs correctly traded up to get ahead of the Giants that round believing the Giants were going to draft Mahomes. They were right as the giants front office later revealed and unfortunately for us we ended up missing out on Eli Manning's future replacement there. That was a great move by the Chiefs front office because the Giants are on the record saying they had Mahomes locked and loaded. Until the Chiefs traded up to get just ahead of them and grabbed Mahomes. The rest is history now. Great move by the Chiefs, tough luck for the Giant because he has got it all.

Here we are now with the #6 pick in the 2019 draft. The first team on the board likely to take a quarterback. With Murray and Haskins largely expected to be the first two off the board it will be interesting to watch how teams value one of these over the other, with their main differences being size and speed. Kyler Murray is an electric football player who likes to play out of the shotgun and is capable of taking it to the house every-time he touches the ball. Haskins is the complete opposite hes a big pocket passing QB more your prototypical type, although he doesn't have great play making ability with his legs and doesnt have much starting experience at a high level aside from this past year at Ohio State. So there is risks with both. Interestingly you have a tale of two opposites here. Dwayne Haskins the prototypical pocket passer with ideal NFL size, and Kyler Murray the small but electric game breaking type of player.

I'm a big believer in drafting extremely rare talent which is what Kyler Murray is so I am hoping more so than I have in a very long time the Giants do the right thing here and draft Kyler Murray. Its well noted the Giants have a bad offensive line recently which is accurate. Its not likely to change in the next year or two and if you put a big non mobile lumbering guy back there, similar to Eli Maning but with less experience I think hes going to have a rude awakening coming to the NFL. Haskins cant move and thats a terrible flaw for a rookie/young NFL QB and usually leads to a rough couple years in the league.

Kyler Murray on the other hand is electric, and when plays break down because of a missed blocking assignment, its invaluable to have a guy like Kyler Murray who can absolutely scrum and dance to make plays. that ability is why I think Kyler Murray, especially on a team with a bad offensive line early in career is a better fit for the New York Giants. Murray can make plays, and hes very accurate throwing the ball. If you put Kyler Murray behind center with Odel Beckham Jr and Saquon Barkey the Giants will have a very potent offense for a while to come. It's Murrays play making ability especially when plays break down that I think gives him a massive edge over the A-typical pocket passing QB like Dwayne Haskins. I really hope and pray I get a chance to watch Kyler Murray play under the bright lights and big stage of New York City.

Needs to be mentioned because its a likely scenario, many teams aware the Giants at #6 and Jaguars at #7 are both teams likely to take a QB so more than likely there is going to be one or two massive trades this draft with teams looking to get ahead of both the Jaguars and Giants to get their pick of Haskins or Murray. Dont be surprised if it is the Giants trading up from the #6 pick to land the QB they absolutely want here, and I hope it's for Kyler Murray. The last time they were clearly taking a QB was the 2004draft where they swapped picks and gave up a lot to get the #1 pick form the Chargers who had drafted Eli Manning initially. They are willing to make big moves to get the QB they desire, and the 2004 draft and how they got their guy in Eli Manning may shade some light on how they approach this years draft and getting the quarterback they are in love with out of these two. Hopefully another team like Miami/Jacksonville/Denver dont trade ahead of them and take the guy they want, if their is one because trading at the top of the draft for one of these QBs is very likely to happen this year its looking like.

tl;dr- im a big New York Giant fan and hope beyond hope the New York Giants draft Kyler Murray because I believe he is a special talent

Load Metric
    Also the 49'rs (#2) Raiders (#4) and Buccaneers (#5) are not being mentioned enough as teams to likely take a QB here.

Jimmy Garoppolo is coming back from a bad knee injury, Derek Carr certainly has not secured the QB job in Oakland, and Jameis Winston has been mediocre at best. Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray could very well come off the board here at #2/#4/#5. I do not think that is being mentioned enough most analysts just imply the Giants and Jaguars are the first team to pick in need of a QB. I could make a strong case all three of these teams are in play to take Haskins or Murray ahead of both the Giants and Jaguars. Especially Oakland who imo may keep Carr but will definitely be bringing in some QB competition. They could really find reasons to like a Kyler Murray.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Shut up Garrett

Thread Information