Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kyler Murray (Oklahoma) 2018 Heisman Trophy Winner

Load Metric

Kyler Murray (Oklahoma) 2018 Heisman Trophy Winner

Drafted 9th overall in MLB Draft but passed on the Millions of dollars, to continue to play Football.

Kyler Murray will win the Heisman Trophy this year, and Oklahoma will play in the National Championship!

Book it!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Drafted 9th overall in MLB Draft but passed on the Millions of dollars, to continue to play Football.

Kyler Murray will win the Heisman Trophy this year, and Oklahoma will play in the National Championship!

Book it!

uh, he signed with the A's, they are just letting him play one more year of football. He is a pro baseball player now.

Comments

garrett: you FAIL miserably with this prediction, he did win the Heisman and he is not playing baseball, funny you tried to troll me here though!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Book it!

uh, he signed with the A's, they are just letting him play one more year of football. He is a pro baseball player now.
    If he was really interested in being a "pro baseball player" as you say, then he wouldnt risk injury and contract money, to continue as a Division 1 Quarterback.

Your argument holds little water and has no merit imo, he would of saved injury and left for MLB if he didnt want to play in the NFL!

Load Metric
    Google is your friend.

Comments

garrett: lol really, I think you'd be surprised at my sports prowess

Load Metric
    He got a $4.6 million dollar bonus. He was making more tha his coach this year until recently.

Load Metric
    This kid any good?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    He is like 5’10”. No chance of being a pro football QB. Going to baseball smart move. I am sure he has some insurance in case of catastrophic injury playing football.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    How much,would you like to bet that he doesn’t win the Heisman

Comments

garrett: for thinking youd get an even money bet on this... ughhhh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    You think im some fuckin sucker, Kyler Murray vs the field???

id want 50:1

fuck outta here thinking youd get an even money bet, when he is a long shot to win it.

Or i wouldn't have even made this post.

Load Metric
    At fair odds I wouldn’t take the bet. I think Tua is the chalk and deservedly so but Murray has looked great. Absolutely top 3.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    You think im some fuckin sucker, Kyler Murray vs the field???

id want 50:1

fuck outta here thinking youd get an even money bet, when he is a long shot to win it.

Or i wouldn't have even made this post.
    Who said anything even money...I’d have given you odds....damn you’re weird.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    At fair odds I wouldn’t take the bet. I think Tua is the chalk and deservedly so but Murray has looked great. Absolutely top 3.
    I wonder if Tua's chances are gonna be hurt if he only has to play 1.5Q every game?

Load Metric
    When asked, “how are you going to spend the money?” Murray said he was thinking of getting a Mercedes.

You are missing a tremendous story. However, great threads are often borne from misinformation.

A lot of MLB teams passed on Murray in the first round because of football. However, it’s Billy Beane and the A’s gotta do shit other teams aren’t willing to do.

In one sense, the additional year of football is going to cost the kid future millions in baseball. He is going to be an older rookie and will have to wait longer to get out of rookie contract status.

I wonder how big this kid really is. How much do you discount the listed stats? The 5 tool little guys in baseball have been doing great lately.

In the end, Murray is a Scott Boras player. Nike & Adidas will reward the kid nicely if he should bink the Heisman.

Heisman Doug Flutie is a cautionary tale. He was never drafted by the MLB. I think everyone is quite clear about Murray’s future.

Load Metric
    Dynamic guys like Kyler Murray are why College Football is more entertaining than the NFL.

Saturday vs Sunday. It’s a beat down.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I wonder if Tua's chances are gonna be hurt if he only has to play 1.5Q every game?

Yeah it will hurt a little given the ease of their schedule, but we’ve seen a lot of Heisman trophies that weren’t necessarily stat backed when a team is great and a player is viewed as making the engine run. He’s the clear favorite as he’s viewed as adding a new element to Bama and it’s really hard to imagine them losing a game. I think Haskins is making a strong early case for the same reasons. It’s been awhile since the Buckeyes have had a true passer. Kyler and Haskins are going to put up some huge raw stats, but it’s Tua’s to lose imo as long as Bama keeps chugging

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I'm sure i'm missing some obvious ones, but man I don't remember lefties who can put that much zip on the ball...

kid's got a fucking arm and a half...as mentioned in other threads that schedule is a fucking joke...tua will be in NYC barring injury, but I can't imagine he plays a lot more than 2.5 quarters in most of those games...will be interesting to see if they redshirt hurts...I know the rule is guys can get 4 games in a year then get a redshirt...think that still applies to guys who have already used some of their eligibility up, but I could be wrong...

Load Metric
    bump

Predictions looking pretty good.

I think Oklahoma wins the National Title, and by doing so would also guarantee Kyler Murray the Heisman. Oklahoma beats Alabama, with a huge game from Kyler Murray.

A shame the kids gonna go play boring baseball after college, because he is electric and fun to watch as a QB.

Load Metric
    bump

I think Oklahoma wins the National Title, and by doing so would also guarantee Kyler Murray the Heisman. Oklahoma beats Alabama, with a huge game from Kyler Murray.

A shame the kids gonna go play boring baseball after college, because he is electric and fun to watch as a QB.
    1-voting ends today 12/3 so any playoff performance is irrelevant
    2-that defense has absolutely no prayer of not getting blown off the field by Clemson and Bama

Platinum
    Load Metric
    This thread has a lot of Garrett fail in it. I feel like he is someone who listens to bad sports radio but doesn’t actually watch sports.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    bump

ARE YOU HIGH?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Thread Information